Chapter 16

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

 

(Kris’s POV)

When I was about to go out and look for Amber, the door was opened and Ms Kim walked in and gave me a big embrace.

 

“I missed you so much, Kris! Why aren’t you finding me ever since you gotten married?” Ms Kim looked at me and said innocently.

 

“Can you get yourself off me. I’m a married man.” I said coldly while pushing her away from me.

 

“We are working partners, what is being married going to prevent you from finding me?” She frowned and sticks her whole body onto me again.

 

“Anyway, there is a really nice buffet that was located not far away from here. Wanna go for dinner tonight?” She gave a sweet smile and asked.

 

“I can’t as I had already promise my wife to have a dinner with her tonight.” I rejected her offer and trying to get rid of her so that I could chase after Amber and asked her few serious questions.

 

“Your wife had already left first, wasn’t it?” She blinked her eyes and continued, “She left after she helped me report to you that I’m here. Looked like she approved me for looking for you.”

 

‘Approve?’ What was Amber thinking about? Who will ever allow her own husband to get so close with some random woman?

 

I immediately took the car keys that was placed on my table and opened up the door.

 

“Kris, where are you going?!” Tao looked at me in shocked and shouted.

 

“I have to go find my wife. If Ms Kim wants someone to accompany you for dinner, Tao is able to do it.” I said and then ran out to chase after my already left wife.

 

(Tao’s POV)

The door was shut with a loud bang leaving both Ms. Kim and myself in the room.

“Uh-hmm… so, which restaurant are you referring to?” I raised one eyebrow and ask.

 

Since it’s a buffet, I should call Changmin hyung to join me so that I would not need to deal with Ms. Kim alone.

 

Ms Kim gave me an angry stare and then stomps out of the office.

 

Good, she doesn’t want me to go for dinner with her, then I shall go home and sleep.

 

(Amber’s POV)

After packing up my stuff, I went straight to the lift and pressed the ‘down’ button.

I looked at my blur reflection from the metal lift door. I had revealed my true gender, but I’m still wearing long black pants for work, as it’s impossible for me to wear a skirt.

 

Looks like, all guys are actually the same. After months of observing, I thought that Kris might be different from those rich and flirt guys out there, but I was wrong.

I shouldn’t have any high hopes on him that he would at least not flirt around.

 

‘High hopes?’ What I was thinking? I shouldn’t be thinking this way!

 

Fine, forget about it… my feelings were refusing to work normally. The more I wanted to prevent, the more it gets out of control.

 

Argh~ How long would I need to live through this kind of days? Kris’s passionate eye staring skills is “improving” every time I enter his office and even at home.

Before getting married, it was me who was observing him, but now it was Kris who was trying to observe my every action.

 

I admit that I might had felt something different for Kris, but every time I think of the angry face of step mother accusing me for stealing unnie’s husband and dad’s cold warnings, it forced me to kill the little grown feelings.

It’s good to not allow those feelings grow since we might even ended up divorcing in the end, after all, marrying without love was something that would easily destroy a marriage.

 

Ding Dong~

The lift had arrived and I walked into the lift then pressed the close button. The lift door was closing and before it was fully close a hand was slipped right in between the closing doors.

 

Immediately after the hand slapped the sides of the door, it automatically opens again. I looked up at the owner of the hand and surprisingly, it belonged to Kris.

I looked at him in shocked not knowing how to react.

 

“Can I join you in the lift?”

Kris suddenly appeared right outside the lift, and I could see that he was breathing in heavily. His eyes were staring right into mine and his voice was surrounding the small ‘box’.

 

“Y-yes.” I was so shocked by his action and appearance that I couldn’t even calm myself down.

 

The reason why I was so surprised by his appearance was because Kris had never leave the office earlier than me, as I knew that he was a hardworking person right from the start. Furthermore, Ms Kim even came to office to find him, he shouldn't be going home that early.

 

Then...Why is he so early today?

 

His tall figure entered the lift and weirdly, with his existence in the already small lift, it made my heart beats even faster.

 

He was breathing heavily that I could even hear his breathe. Did he ran over here to chase after me?

Thinking of which, I could feel waves of emotions right inside my heart.

Did he left Ms Kim to find me?

 

No way! What am I thinking again? How could I be easily touched by his little action?

 

“Which floor are you going?” I said softly to break the awkward silence between us.

 

“Whichever floor you are going, I am going to follow.” He replied in a deep voice with his eyes still staring at me.

 

“I…” I peaked at him and then looked down on the ground. I’m really confused by his eyes as I could feel something different from his eyes when he looked at me.

 

I pressed the floor number that I wanted to go with my trembling finger, and then his voice came entering my ears again.

 

“Why are you so alienated from me?”

 

I bit my bottom lip and then lied, “I didn’t…”

 

“LIAR!” He shouted and his hands were placed on my shoulders and then turned me around to face him.

 

I looked at him in shocked and I could feel myself trembling a bit because of his sudden loud voice.

 

“You are my wife isn’t it? Why are you treating me as if I’m a stranger, no, worse than a stranger?”

 

“I have the right to have my own life, didn’t we promise that in the first place? Furthermore, you can still go out with your fans as if you didn’t married. Wasn’t this enough for you?”

 

I’m afraid of his sudden change, I’m afraid that I might not able to control my own feelings in front of this perfect man.

 

(Kris’s POV)

This is the first time I had ever lost my control in front of any woman. I might be cold but I’m good at controlling my own temper. But, Amber’s stubbornness just forced me to lost my temper.

 

“Why are you doing all this to me? I didn’t promise that stupid rule you came out with!” I shouted and uncontrollably that I was shaking Amber so that I could shake off her stupid thinking.

 

“After so long, didn’t you find out that I’m in love with you? I love you!”  I was so panic and angry with Amber that I slipped that three important words out.

 

Because of those words, the atmosphere around the lift suddenly became quiet as if the time had stopped. Both Amber and me stoned there and her eyes were widely stared at me with hung opened.

 

(Amber’s POV)

What did I heard just now? Did Kris just express his feelings to me?

For one moment, I had forgotten to breathe in and I just stood there looking at him in shock.

 

“Ever since, the first time we met, I’m already in love with you. Even when you disguised as a guy to work for me, I found myself attracted by you. I thought that I might become a gay. I don’t even know whether I’m thinking of Amber or Josephine. I was so happy that you are my wife.” He looked at me and said seriously.

 

“I was always chased after by other ladies, but now I was the one chasing after you. You must be thinking how stupid I am wasn’t it?” He gave a weak smile as if he was laughing at himself.

 

“I…” I didn’t… I didn’t know that he was actually happy to marry me…

 

Ding dong~

The lift door was opened before even letting me to finish my sentence.

 

“Sorry for saying such things to force you. Maybe, right inside your heart, you didn’t want to accept this marriage or you don’t even like me. It had always been my one sided feelings…” He gave a weak smile again.

 

“Not this way… I…” I wanted to say something but because of the sudden expression and feelings in my heart… it was hard for me to say out my feelings immediately.

 

“I chased after you just now was to at least send you home once. I just want to feel the feeling of sending my own wife home like any other couples did.” He looked away from me to hide his disappointed feelings.

 

This was my first time ever seen him acting this way.

He should be proud and confident but not disappointed.

 

“But, now I’m alright. I shall go back to my office…” He said and then turned around to walked out of the lift.

 

I looked at his back view that was walking away from me, suddenly I felt ached of pain from my heart. My heart told me that I shouldn’t be stubborn this time and just follow my heart before it’s too late.

 

I immediately ran towards Kris and pulled his tailored suit to stop him from walking any further.

I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks all of sudden. Maybe, I was scared that Kris had finally decided not to love me anymore.

 

(Kris’s POV)

“Amber?” I was stunned by her sudden action. I turned around and saw her crying eyes.

 

“Is it true?” She asked while looking at me in her red eyes.

 

“Again?” I didn’t get what she meant.

 

“I said… is it true that you love me?” she asked and then continued again, “if, I’m not the daughter of the Song’s family, will you still love me?”

 

So, she was worry for that, therefore she refused to get close to me?

I smiled and replied immediately, “Of course!” and then opened up my arms to embrace her tightly.

 

Finally, she smiled widely and then hid her face against my chest and hugged me back.

 

Did she finally accept my feelings and not hid from me anymore?

 

I smiled and then pulled her slightly away from me and landed a passionate kiss on her red lips. This time, she did not hide my kiss or even remained stunned but she reacted to my kiss. 

 

* * *

 

Annyeong!

Finally Amber decided not to be stubborn!! Cheers for Kris!  Y(^_^)Y

Anyway, I'm thinking of opening a graphic store! HAHA! Any request or something?