Chapter 21

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

 

Annyeong people!

This chapter is long! Haha!

'Cause it's the last chapter for Boss, I am your "Male" secretary!

Hope you enjoy it and satisfied with the ending! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Amber’s POV)

“Sorry oppa, I didn’t mean to rush you…” I apologized to Kai while we were on the car.

 

“What happened, Amber? I haven’t even listen carefully to the details on how I’m going to take care of you and you just came in and pulled me out. Lucky, I remembered to bring all these books with me.” Kai turned and looked at me after stopping his car at the side of the road.

 

“What are all these books?” I tried to hide from the question that Kai asked by changing the topic.

 

“Ahhh… these are books on taking care of pregnant woman and baby. I guess you would need it too.” Kai smiled and then handed me those books that he got from the doctor.

 

Emotions were stirring inside me and I didn’t know how to express them altogether. The only word I could think of is, ‘Thank you’.

 

“Oppa, thank you… why are you treating me so well?” I looked up at Kai and met his black eyes.

 

“Well, I guess… it’s because I treated you as my sister…” Kai smiled and patted my head then started driving off into the road the again.

 

I looked at Kai who was concentrating on the road and decided to tell him what had happened to me and why did I even ended up living with him. I guess I shouldn’t keep them to secret when Kai is treating me so well.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Actually, I’m married…” I said.

 

“I knew, Amber. Actually, if you do not want to talk about it, I won’t force you…” Kai said while his eyes are still on the road. He was driving very carefully.

 

“No, I want to.”

 

Therefore, I told Kai about all those things that had happened from how I gotten married with Kris, all the lies, how I got exposed and in the end, ended up living with him.

 

“Your husband is Kris Wu?” When we finally arrived at Kai’s private apartment, he turned and asked after being silence for the last few minutes.

 

(Kai’s POV)

Amber’s husband is Kris Wu! So, she was the running lady from the product launch that was reported in the news? I should had suspect it, why didn’t I?

She was the girl that Lu Han hyung mentioned about his friend named Kris who was finding her like there is no tomorrow?

 

“Oppa, you know him?” Amber looked at me in shock.

 

“I guess, all those people who work in the industry would definitely knows him.” I decided not to tell her, actually I saw the news and heard about how Kris was finding her desperately.

 

If I tell her that Kris did actually not hate her and he was finding her, will she leave?

 

I guess she will… She is so in love with her husband…

 

“Oppa, sorry that you have to take care of me… Now, that I’m a pregnant woman, I feel so useless all of a sudden.” She looked down at her hands and said softly.

 

“Pabo… Don’t worry so much, all right! Just stay at home and take good care of yourself and the baby.” I held onto her hands and smiled.

 

“Thank you…”

 

* * *

 

(Kris’s POV)

 

“Kris! Did you manage to find Amber?” When I stepped into my office, Victoria immediately popped in front of me and asked anxiously.

 

I shook my head and sat down at my table.

 

Nickhun who was beside Victoria stood up and said, “That cannot be, the nurse called me and told me that Amber went into the hospital.”

 

“She did go to the doctor but I missed her again.” I said while thinking about how she went to see the doctor with another man. This made me feel so uneasy and I couldn’t do anything.

 

“What happened to Amber that she needs to be admitted to the hospital again?” Victoria asked looking worried.

 

“She was pregnant and she went there with a guy…” I said.

 

“BOH? Amber is pregnant?! Then I would be aunt soon!! Wait, don’t tell me you think that Amber betrayed you!” Victoria folded her arms across her chest and asked angrily.

 

“Of course not! She is pregnant for about 1 month, the child she is carrying is definitely mine!” I shouted.

 

“Good. If you dare to suspect my poor sister, you are definitely in trouble!”

 

“Since, she went to that hospital for check up then I guess we can catch her there when she goes back there for her check ups again, right?” Nickhun asked.

 

“Right, I asked the nurse and she said Amber would be going back for check up next month. And, I just found out that the guy who accompany Amber all along has the surname, Kim.”

 

“If that’s the case, then we can patiently wait for the llama to fall into the tiger’s trap…” Nickhun smiled.

 

I nodded my head but still worrying about how Amber is doing.

 

Did she eat well?

 

Most importantly, did she miss me?

 

For one thing I know, I missed her a lot!

It’s been 3 weeks; it’s 21 days of separation.

I missed her smile, her warmth and her accompany.

 

* * *

 

(Amber’s POV)

(Next month)

“Oppa, I guess you can’t rush back right?” I was already prepared to go to the hospital for my antenatal care and was checking with Kai since, he said that he would accompany me there.

 

“Sorry, Amber! There is something happened in the company that I have to be there to settle. I will be coming over later, I had already asked the chauffeur to bring you to the hospital.” Kai said through phone with his sincere apologies.

 

“No worries, Oppa! Then I will go there alone. Fighting!” I smiled and gave my encouragements to Kai who is working hard.

 

“Okay, be careful!”

 

We ended the conversation and I stepped out of the house and saw the black car waiting outside.

Kai is always so thoughtful.

I smiled and went into the car.

I took out the ultrasound scan picture that the doctor gave me last month. It’s been countless of times that I took out and dazed at it.

 

My palm automatically placed on my belly and smiled.

 

‘Baby… Even though, you won’t have a daddy, but mummy will definitely love you more than anything! I will work hard!’

 

I sighed every time I thought about it. I had never thought of giving the baby single parenting style, but I can’t abort this baby. He/She is what I left with… the baby is also Kris’s…

 

Kris…

 

I stared at the ring that I refused to take out and once again, my eyes went teary.

 

‘No! Amber! You shouldn’t cry… Sudden up and down emotions will affect baby’s growth. Don’t cry…’

 

I immediately forced my tears back into my stomach and calmed myself down.

 

“The hospital had arrived, Miss. Mr. Kim said that he will be here as soon as possible.” The chauffeur’s voice broke my deep thoughts that drew back to reality.

 

“Thank you.” I forced out a smile and stepped out of the car then entered the hospital.

 

“I had an appointment for antenatal care.” I told the nurse and handed her my appointment slip.

 

“Amber Josephine Liu?” The nurse asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Please proceed to the room that is located inside. It’s Room 5.” The nurse pointed to the place I’m supposed to go.

 

“Thank you.” I bowed to her and walked to the room she pointed to.

 

That’s weird. That room didn't seem to be those room for antenatal care. It looked more like a normal patient room.

 

I opened up the beige door and walked in.

 

“I’m here for the check up.” I said while opening the door. Before I knew it, someone pulled my hand and the next second I was embraced by someone tightly.

I immediately panic and wanted to push the person away from me, but the person’s arms were locking me and I’m unable to breathe easily.

 

The smell of the person… It’s so familiar. It reminded me of Kris…

 

KRIS!

 

“Amber… Finally I catch you! I missed you so much, Amber!” The familiar deep voice entered my ears and it proved my guess correctly.

 

W-Why is he here?

He should be sitting comfortably in his office working!

He shouldn’t be in the hospital!

 

What should I do? I’m still not ready to face him! I should run!

 

I tried to push the broad chest away from me, but the more I struggle, the tighter he hugged me.

 

(Kris’s POV)

“Amber… please stop pushing me away… It’s been so long ever since I hugged you like this. Just stay like this for a minute…” I whispered into her ears, begging her not to move.

 

For how long, ever since I hugged her?

 

The pleasant smell from her hair finally allows me to calm down and relax after so many weeks of worries. Finally, she is now in my arm.

I'm able to feel her existence.

Everything was the same except her hair had grown longer and she was now carrying my baby.

 

Thinking of which a smile spread across my face.

 

Suddenly, I felt my shirt became wet and then I found that this little woman who loves to go missing is sobbing.

 

I released her and placed my hands on her shoulders then bend down to meet her eyes.

She was looking downwards and her body was trembling.

 

I can’t help myself but got close to her and landed a kiss on her lips. She was stunned by my action and was totally standing there like a stone.

I slowly deepen the kiss to comfort her and I could feel that she was slowly accepting me and was closing her eyes.

 

For don’t know how long, I felt that she was about to lose her breathe, I decided to leave her lips.

 

“Kris…” She said softly while her eyes still staring at her toes.

 

“What happened to you? Do you think it’s fun to hide from me?!” I questioned her.

 

“I…” Her head was still hanging low.

 

“Why do you have to do this to me? I’m not some monster, why are you scared of me? Why are you hiding from me?”

 

“I… I was scared…” She shook her head and finally looked at me. Tears were rolling down her pale cheeks continuously.

 

“What are you scared of?” My voice softens after seeing her tears.

I knew that I couldn’t be angry with her whenever she cries.

 

“I... I’m fake…I can’t face you… I lied to you. I even ruined your product launch!” She cried even harder.

 

I immediately embraced her again and patted on her back.

“Pabo! You didn’t lie to me. I’m the one who lied to you…”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I knew it all along… You are Victoria’s stepsister. I told your dad that I wanted to marry you in the very first place. So, all along, I had never wanted to marry your sister. The one, I wanted to marry… is you!”

 

“You knew?” She gently pushed me away and looked at me in shock.

 

I nodded my head and continued, “Did you know how worry and sad I got when you had gone missing?”

 

“I thought, you would be angry at me… Even though, you wanted to marry me in the first place, I still lied to you…”

 

“I know you did’t want it… I had already heard from your unnie. Your father forced you to marry me and even warned you to say nothing. You came to my office to work just to spy for your sister right?” I looked into her eyes and said gently.

 

“You knew…”

 

“So, are you going to hide from me now?” I asked.

 

She looked at me and thought.

 

I immediately knocked on her head and warned her, “Stop thinking about escaping from me! You are my wife and the only place you can go is our home!”

 

She nodded her head looking completely shock.

 

“Amber!” Suddenly, someone opened the door and shouted my wife’s name.

 

I looked up and saw a guy breathing heavily.

 

“Oppa!” Amber shouted as she looked up at the guy.

 

Oppa? When did she get so close to this stranger that she even called him, ‘OPPA’!

 

“Who is he, Amber?” The man asked while staring at my hand which was wrapping around Amber’s waist.

 

I immediately tightened the grip on Amber’s waist and pulled her closer to me.

 

“Hmm… Oppa, he is my husband… Kris.” Amber said shyly.

 

The man looked up at me and paused then he held up his hand in mid air offering a handshake.

 

“I’m Kai. Nice to meet you.” He said with a smile.

 

I reach out to the hand and gave a light shake on his hand.

 

So, he was the one who had accompanied Amber all along…

 

“Thank you for taking care of my wife for this few weeks.” I emphasized on the word, ‘wife’.

 

“You’re welcome. Since, Amber is with you… then I guess Amber won’t need my accompany anymore…” The man looked at Amber with those annoying sad eyes and forced smile.

 

“Oppa… thank you… I will visit you soon!” Amber gave him a gentle smile and nodded her head.

 

(Kai’s POV)

“Sure.” I found myself forcing out those words but I know that there is no place for me. They are husband and wife… I’m just some generous person who kept her when she had no place to go…

 

I turned and left the room leaving the both of them alone.

My heart felt empty all of sudden…

Now, Amber doesn’t need me anymore. She has her husband…

 

I took out my phone and contacted Lu Han hyung.

“Hyung, come out and have a drink.”

 

“Wah~ My younger one called me for a drink for the first time?” Hyung replied happily.

 

“I guess that’s a yes from you?” I smiled.

 

"What with the sad voice? What happened?" Hyung asked.

 

"I will explain to you later..." I ended the conversation and left the hospital.

 

(Amber’s POV)

“Why didn’t you call me oppa too?” After Kai left, Kris started questioning me again.

 

“Erm… Kris, don’t misunderstand, I only treated Kai as big brother…” I explained.

 

“Then call me oppa too.” Kris seemed to not give up if I don’t give him a good answer.

 

“Well, I only will call someone 'oppa' when I treated him as big brother. I guess you wouldn’t want me to treat you as brother right?” I asked carefully.

 

“Fine. I shall forgive you. Now, let’s go for your check up. This time I have to make the doctor see clearly who is your husband!” Kris held onto my hand and pulled me to the actual room that I was supposed to report to.

 

(Home)

After the check up, the both of us went home that I had not been entering for almost 2 months.

When I entered the house, the person who came welcoming me home is surprisingly, unnie!

 

“AMBER!” Unnie spread her arms wide and embraced me.

 

“Unnie! You came back!” I was so surprised and my eyes became teary again.

 

“Amber… why did you leave the house? Don’t you know all of us will be worried?” Unnie looked at me and asked.

 

“Sorry, unnie! I won’t do it again.”

 

“There won’t be another chance for you to escape!” Kris said.

 

I smiled and looked around the house. Nothing changes… and I feel good about it.

 

“Unnie, who is he?” As I was looking around, a tanned skin man caught my attention. He was smiling widely and was leaning against the wall.

 

“Oh… He… he is my boyfriend.” Unnie said shyly and went to the man’s side and pulled him closer to me.

 

“Annyeong! I’m Nickhun!”

 

“Nickhun? You are not Korean?”

 

“I’m from Thailand.” He smiled.

 

“Nice to meet you! Unnie, congrats that you had found your true love!” I smiled revealing my teeth.

 

Now, I won’t need to worry anymore, since unnie found her own love and she looks really happy about it.

 

“So, Amber. Don’t think so much! Just be a happy mummy and take good care of my niece or nephew!” Unnie patted on my head and smiled widely.

 

I nodded my head continuously. 

 

(7 months later.)

Kris and I were sitting on the sofa watching ‘soap drama’. I was eating the supper that Kris had bought for me as I requested for it.

 

For the past few months, Kris had been taking really good care for me. He even went to an extreme of stopping me from going for work and insisted me in lying on the bed to reduce number times I got into minor accidents. 

Sometimes, I really think that he is treating as if I'm a pig. 

 

“Kris… Why did you buy so many baby girl’s items when the doctor already told us that the baby’s gender is a boy.” I asked randomly while my eyes still locked on the television programme.

 

“Because, I’m preparing for the next baby arrival!”

 

“BOH? Our baby is not even out yet and you are already planning for the next one?” I turned and looked at Kris who was smiling happily.

 

“Of course, I’m wishing for a baby girl that looks like you!”

 

“Alright then, but after this baby had grown up a bit.” I pointed at my big belly and smiled.  The expected date of childbirth is around the corner and I’m getting nervous.

 

“Whatever you say so.” Kris pushed me closer to him while we enjoy the drama.

 

Pain struck into me out of sudden when I wanted to get up of the sofa.

“Ah!” I moaned as I tried to hold myself up.

 

“Amber? What happened?” Kris who heard my moan immediately came and held me.

 

“Kris… I… I think I’m going to give birth…” I frowned as I leaned my whole weight on him.

 

“Boh? Isn’t it next week?!” Kris exclaimed.

 

“I think our baby would like to see the world now…” I laughed.

 

“Then…what should we do… wait, I carry you to the car then I go get the bag with baby’s stuff. Alright, I have to calm down.” Kris immediately carried me and placed me in his car then ran inside the house and gotten the bag of stuff that I had packed for baby’s arrival.

 

“Just hang on!” Kris started his car engine and drove me straight to the hospital.

 

* * *

“Kris…”

 

“Ya?” He asked while concentrating on the road.

 

“Thank you and I love you.” I smiled and said.

 

“I love you too…” Kris looked at me after he stopped his car right in front of the hospital and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

 

“Hmm.. Kris…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I guess, our baby can’t wait anymore.” I tried to hold the pain so that I won’t make Kris panic again.

 

“My god!” Kris immediately got out of the car and carried me out then shouted for doctor as he ran into the hospital.

 

I looked up at Kris who was panicking and smiled. I guess this is the only time he would panic.

I’m glad that I had married to such a great husband and I believe our blissful marriage will definitely last long…

 

Definitely last long…

 

* * *

 

AH~~~

The story had ended! Thank you for the support all along!!

I hope you have a good experience and reading! Do comment and tell how you feel about the whole story! ^^

I will be continueing with 'White Clover' (My another fanfic on Minber). 

So those who subscribe to the story, you will be expecting it to update~~

And, I guess I would be writing another Krisber story! YAY! Let's ship Krisber tgt!

THANK YOU!!