Chapter 20

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

 

3 weeks later

(Kai’s POV)

“Why are you carrying whole pack of tidbits with you, I don’t remember that you eat this kind of junk food.” Lu Han hyung stared at that one big bag of tidbits I had bought for Amber.

 

“Well, the girl that I kept love all these…” I smiled as I recalled that cute face of Amber while she was enjoying all these snacks.

 

“You are referring to the llama you kept?”

 

“It’s not like I kept a lot of llama, of course I’m referring to her.” 

 

“Have you fallen in love with her?” Lu Han hyung looked at me in curious.

 

“Of course not, I only treated her as my sister…” I said quickly, even though I’m not sure what my heart actually feels for her.

 

I hoped that I were being caring because I was treating her as if I’m treating my lost sister.

I know that she has someone in her heart and she is married… but why does she not go home, it’s still a mystery.

She is always staring at the ring and remained dazed off until I called for her.

I really wanted to know the reason but I decided to stay quiet until she is willing to tell me.

 

“Sister? Really?” Hyung looked at me in deisbelief.

 

“Hyung, when did you become so interested with my personal life?” I laughed.

 

“I’m always interested… you see, you doesn’t even have one girlfriend and I am starting to doubt whether you are straight or not…” Hyung joked.

 

“Not to worry. I won’t fall for you! You are way too cute for me to accept. Anyway, I have to rush back… it’s not safe to let her alone…” I said.

 

“Not safe? Are you serious?” Hyung widened his eyes as if he just saw an alien.

 

“I need to go, hyung. Bye!” I did not answer and just grabbed the bag of tidbits and left the café.

 

I’m just scared that Amber will go missing just like how my sister did…

 

(Amber’s POV)

I felt like vomiting when I took out the fish from the fridge, I immediately put the plate of fish on the table and rushed to the toilet bowl.

I started retching in front of the toilet bowl but nothing came out.

 

Did I eat something wrong?

 

“Amber!” Without thinking and I knew that the one calling out my name is Kai.

 

“Amber! Where are you?” Kai’s voice was near and I tried to pull myself up from the toilet bowl and washed my mouth.

 

“I got you your favourite snacks!” Kai stood in front of the toilet and said.

 

“Thank you so much.” I forced a smile, as I was feeling uncomfortable after retching for countless of times.

 

“Are you alright? You look pale…” Kai stretches out his hand and reached out to my face and said in worried tone.

 

“I’m alright, oppa… maybe I had eaten something wrong…” Not again, the disgust feeling was stirring in my body and I immediately bend down towards the toilet bowl and started retching once again.

 

“Amber… you…” Kai came forward and bend down as he patted on my back.

 

“You… Are you pregnant?”

 

Kai’s words struck me immediately and I felt like the world is going to end. Everything stops and I wished that the time stopped too, so that I would not need to face this situation at all.

 

‘Am I pregnant?’

 

I was disgusted when I smelt the fish and I started felt like vomiting… that’s was what exactly happens when someone was pregnant wasn’t it?

 

“I… I don’t know…” I let out a small voice as I slipped down to the cold floor.

 

Kai’s hands were wrapping around my shoulder and waist as if it’s telling me he is there to help me…

 

If I really had Kris’s baby, then what should I do?

 

“Let’s go to the hospital to check…” Kai suggested.

 

I immediately looked up at him and then nodded my head.

 

“Don’t be scared, I will accompany you alright?” Kai patted my head and gave me an encouraging smile while pulling me up.

 

(In hospital)

 

“Congratulations, you are pregnant! It’s already one month.” The female doctor smiled as she handed me an ultrasound scan picture that was in black and white.

 

My shaking hands reached out to the photo that the doctor was handing me and was hesitant to take it, but then, Kai’s hand held onto mine and took the photo from the doctor.

 

“The father has to take good care of the mother during this few months as it’s considered a dangerous month if there isn’t enough care given.” The doctor looked at Kai and smiled.

 

‘Did the doctor mistake Kai as the father of my baby?’

 

I immediately shook my head and wanted to deny it but Kai stopped me and said, “Amber, why not you go out and sit while the doctor tell me what I need to take note about?”

 

“But…”

 

“Take good care of this, it’s your precious baby!” Kai handed me the ultrasound scan photo and led me out, before I knew it, he went in back to the doctor’s room and shut the door.

 

I shook my head and sat right outside the doctor’s room and stared at the black and white photo.

 

There is really a baby inside me. It’s so small and not yet developed.

I had mixed feelings in me, as I’m not sure whether to be happy or not.

I’m happy that I had Kris’s baby but I’m sad as the baby came in the wrong time.

 

‘Will Kris be happy if he knows that I had his baby?’

 

‘Should I tell him?’

 

No, I shouldn’t after all we might ended up divorcing… so, there is no need for Kris to know isn’t it?

I carefully slipped the photo into my purse and decided to give birth to this child alone.

I must also grow my hair out so that I would look like a mother!

 

I stood up and wanted to enter the doctor’s room again but when I turned, I saw Kris walked past in a rush. Knowing that I did not see wrongly, I immediately turned away waiting for him to walked past the corridor.

 

Luckily, he did not looked in… if not he would definitely see me.

 

‘But, why is he in the hospital?’

 

'Did someone he knew got into the hospital or is he here to find me?'

 

No, cannot be... he wouldn't know that I'm here...

 

I slowly turned my head and peeped at the place where Kris walked past and found that his figure had already gone, therefore, I immediately opened the room’s door and dragged Kai out.

 

“Wait, I got to get all those magazines and books.” Kai said and then went in to take all those books.

 

“Kai Oppa, please… leave this place ASAP!” I begged Kai and grabbed his arm then pulled him out of the place.

 

“Why are you in a rush?” Kai frowned.

 

“I will explain later but please leave now…” My eyes were teary as I really do not want Kris to see me.

 

“Hey… Shhh… Don’t cry! Let’s go then…” Kai patted my head and held onto my hand then led me to his car.

 

My heart was unable to rest until we were out on the road and on the way back to Kai’s house.

 

(Kris’s POV)

“What did you just said again?” I couldn’t believe what the female obstetrician said.

 

“Mrs. Kim had left with her husband.”

 

“Who is Mrs. Kim, I’m talking about Amber Josephine Liu!” I said.

 

“Mrs. Kim is Amber Josephine Liu.” She rolled her eyes in annoyed.

 

“She came with a guy? Is the guy name Kai?” I asked.

 

“That’s what Amber called her husband.” The lady in white robe said.

 

“Stop with the husband thing, that guy is not her husband, but I am!” I clenched my fist as I slammed the door in anger.

 

It’s had been a long time ever since I’m been so angry.

I was totally annoyed by the words, Mrs. Kim. Amber should be called Mrs. Wu!

 

Once again, I missed her.

Why is fate playing a fool with me?!

 

Furthermore, Amber is pregnant with my child for a month!

That was totally unexpected but my heart was fluttering after knowing the news. She is carrying my baby and I must definitely find her back as soon as possible!

Since, I knew that she came here to see the obstetrician then I’m sure she would come back again for antenatal care.

So I will definitely catch her here!

 

I immediately went to the counter and ask for the appointment that she might had made with the midwife.

 

“I’m her husband.” I said without the nurse asked me.

 

“She will be coming back next month.” The nurse announced.

 

I nodded my head saying my thanks.

 

‘So… I got to wait for another month?’

 

* * *

 

Hi guys!

I seriously kind of in love with Kaiber pairing! LOL!  Anyway, I decided to make Amber younger than Kai even though I know that Kai is actually younger than Amber in reality.

But who cares? This is fanfiction right?

Well, I think I'm going to end this story on next chapter! So do tune in for last chap!

See ya guys! Hope you enjoyed!