Chapter 13

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

(Amber’s POV)

“I… I want to resign…” I tried to hide my hoarse voice because of my continuous crying.

 

“Boh? You are not with Kris? Where are you?” Tao asked with an eager tone.

 

“I… I’m at home…” I lied. Actually, I’m officially locked in one of the Song’s family rooms that dad had dragged me to.

 

“I’ll go find you!” Tao said.

 

“NO! I mean, I’m a bit sick and I need to rest. Anyway, I want to resign. Please help me tell boss about it.” I said then quickly hung up the phone without hearing Tao’s response.

 

There is no chance in escaping the house, as there are two bodyguards outside.

Am I really going to married Kris?

Even though I don’t feel hateful of this marriage as much as unnie did, but my heart felt uneasy. It’s like I had stolen unnie’s future. All this belonged to unnie…

 

I lay back onto the bed and my tears started to roll out again.

‘Unnie, where are you?’ I closed my eyes and asked blankly.

 

~Knock, knock~

 

“What…” I asked.

 

“Young miss… Old master wants me to tell you that the marriage will be held next week.” The voice of the maid entered my ears.

 

Next week… that was fast…

 

“Young miss…” She called again.

 

“I got it…” I said weakly.

 

(Kris’s POV)

“What did you just said?” I asked because it seems like I had heard it wrongly.

 

“Er… What I just said is… Amber wanted to resign…” Tao scratched his head and said carefully.

 

“Resign? Then where is her resign letter?” I frowned.

Why the hell did she want to resign?

 

“Hmmm… apparently, Amber called to inform me that she wants to resign… That means, there is no resign letter. She also did not say why she wants to resign.” Tao said.

 

“Really…” I said softly. Never mind, since we are going to be married next week, I will ask her personally.

 

I drank a sip of coffee and I immediately frowned.

 

“Why is it so sweet?” I bet this cup of coffee had at least 4 teaspoons of sugar.

 

“Well, Amber is not here. So, me as your dear little brother shall be kind and make you a cup of coffee.” Tao said as if I should be honoured to have him brewed me a coffee.

 

“Expected.” I shook my head. Only Tao would drink such sweet coffee.

 

“Oh right… So I should be expecting you getting married soon with Amber?” Tao asked.

 

“Next week.” I replied.

 

“Huh? Next week?”

 

“The marriage is held next week.” I repeated.

 

“WHAT? So fast?!” Tao looked at me with his big eyes.

 

“No wonder Amber wanted to resign! When she called me, her voice sounded really weird. She must had cried!” Tao nodded.

 

She cried? She doesn’t want to marry me? Am I too confident that Amber would definitely fell for me?

Even though I felt guilty for using money to exchange conditions with Mr. Song, but I will not regret from doing that.

 

(Next Friday)

The bells of the church could be heard from far.

Today it’s my wedding ceremony with Amber. I could already imagine her in bridal gown slowly walking towards me.

 

“It’s better not to tell Amber that you threatened Mr Song in order to marry her. She won’t like it.” Tao gave me a warning.

 

“I know what to do.” I replied.

 

(Amber’s POV)

“Young miss… don’t cry anymore… it’s your wedding ceremony.” The chauffeur who was driving me to the church was trying to encourage me.

Right, It’s my wedding day. But dad and stepmother did not even attend this wedding ceremony. I’m just a substitute of unnie.

 

“But, it’s previously belonged to unnie…”

 

“It’s yours now. Be happy, miss.” The chauffeur said.

 

I remained silent as my mind was all occupied by stepmother’s accusation of seducing Kris.

Now that I am going to married Kris, this further supports that I actually planned to get close to Kris so that I could marry Kris.

 

How would I be happy?

 

“We had arrived at the church…” The chauffeur said and then got down to open the door for me.

 

I nodded my head and walked towards the red carpet that will lead me to my marriage life. I looked up at Kris who was wearing tuxedo and standing right there looking at me in shock.

 

I immediately looked down as I knew that my lies were about to expose.

 

I’m going to married this man that is rich, capable and handsome who makes every guys jealous and also makes every ladies fall in love with him.

Will my marriage be blissful?

At this moment, I felt like running away, but I couldn’t because reporters were here and if I run away, it would be an extremely shameful thing towards my family and Kris.

 

The wedding march started and I slowly walked towards Kris who was still stunned.

He must had felt cheated as my hair now was really short and could be easily recognize as his secretary. Furthermore, he is going to marry 'Josephine' who he met 2 times.

 

* * *

(Kris’s POV)

“Congrats, Mr. Wu and Mrs Wu. Hope that you would have a blissful marriage!” The two maids smiled and then closed the door of the room leaving the big room for both Amber and myself.

 

After the door was closed, I turned and looked at the figure that was sitting on the new bed that I had prepared for the marriage. She was looking downwards and her hands were clenched to fist.

 

‘She is nervous?’ I smiled and sat beside her.

 

“Why are you not looking at me?” I asked softly, trying not to scare her.

 

I looked closely and I could see her shoulders were shaking.

 

“Are you crying?” I asked.

This moment, I felt something stabbing into my heart. Does she really not willing to marry me?

 

She did not reply but kept on shaking her head.

 

“Look at me…” I said.

 

I could see that her body stiffened and she slowly rose up her head to face me. Tears were rolling down her cheeks and her eyes were swollen red.

I sighed and gave her a hug. I patted her back trying to calm her down.

 

“Sorry…” She finally said something.

 

I broke the hug and looked at her in curiosity. Why did she apologize to me?

 

“I lied that I had a twin brother, but in fact the secretary that work for you is actually me.” She continued.

 

She had been crying because of this? She wasn’t crying because she was not willing to marry me?

I smiled beneath my heart but I acted as if it was my first time hearing it.

 

(Amber’s POV)

“Did you purposely disguise as a guy so to spy on me?” Kris asked seriously.

 

He knew?!

 

I nodded my head.

 

“Am I that scary that you don’t even dare to make a sound?” He asked as his face suddenly enlarged before my eyes. His face was so close that I could feel his hot breathe.

 

“N-no…” I tried to hide my face from him but he already cupped my face between his hands so to prevent me from moving.

 

“So, should I call you Josephine or Amber?” He asked.

 

“Sorry… I didn’t mean to lie to you…” I said softly.

 

Suddenly, a wide smile was hung on his face. I was shocked by his sudden smile. He was not angry?

“Actually, you wanted to spy on me before getting married, therefore you disguised as guy and work for me wasn’t it?” He asked.

 

Eh? I looked at him in shock.

His guess was half correct as I did spy on him but it’s because unnie pleaded me to do so…

However, in the end, unnie’s main intention was to push me towards Kris and I am now married to him.

 

(Kris’s POV)

Noticing that Amber is actually quite scared of me and I could feel that she is feeling guilty because she had lied to me, therefore, I decided to say that to her, hoping that she would feel slightly better.

 

After all, she thought that I didn’t know Mr Song has two daughters and she thought that I was actually still marrying Mr Song’s only daughter.

 

“Is your ankle all right now?” I decided to drop the topic and started checking on her feet.

 

“It had fully recovered.” She answered as she gave me a warm smile.

I was immediately attracted by her smile. She really looked pretty today. When she walked into the church, I was stunned by how beautiful she was.

 

I slowly leaned forward and landed a light kiss on her lips. Even though, it’s just a short while, I am still able to feel that her lips were as soft as cotton, which made me felt like kissing her again and again.

However, looking at how shocked she was, I decided not to scare her too much. After all, I had the whole lifetime to guide her along.

 

“I knew that this marriage was not what you really want it. After all, we got married because of benefits and we were not in love with each other.” She suddenly said this, which immediately put me in wet blanket.

 

She’s wrong, I’m in love with her therefore I threatened Mr Song to let you marry me. But I couldn’t say it out.

 

“I know… why?”

 

“So, that means you can still lead your normal life and not affected by the marriage. Just treat this marriage as it exist in name but not reality.” She said.

 

Her words made me feel angry but I decided to calm myself down as I do not want to vent my anger on her and made her pull the distant between her and me even further.

 

“Then, what about the job as my secretary?” I asked.

 

At least I have to tie her by my side so that I could make her fall in love with me.

 

“I thought I had resigned? Didn’t Tao told you about it?” She widened up her eyes and looked at me.

 

“Without a resign letter is not counted as resign! Furthermore, without my confirmation, you are still supposed to come for work.”

 

“I…”

 

“No more excuses, you have to come back to work!” I said firmly not allowing her to leave the job.

 

“Okay…” She gave a sigh and agreed.

 

“Good.”

 

* * *

 

Okay. I decided to have a double update this week since I really had nothing to do. -.-

Apparently, my wedding ceremony was not so amazingly written like those normal wedding ceremony. It's quite sad and depress as Amber doesn't really feel like being a bride.

But, I'm sure Kris is able to make her feel better! HAHA!

Hope you all would enjoy this update, at least Kris finally kissed Amber although it's just a light kiss.