Chapter 7

Boss, I am your “Male” Secretary!

AHHH!! 

AFF is killing me!! It is acting like TAO! Totally playing jokes with me! Why is my Chapter 7 gone?

WAE~~~ *Singing to Keep you head down*

Sorry people, I got to update AGAIN!! I'm not a liar~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Amber’s POV)

“Kris… the destroyed documents are the set of financial statements that was supposed to give it to Ms. Kim right?” Tao who was always very cheeky suddenly became serious.

 

“How much time left before the meeting?” Kris asked with an extra deep voice.

 

“We are meeting Ms. Kim at 11am and sadly, there is no extra copy of the statements…” Tao answered as he gave a frown.

 

“Are you able to get it done. There is still 30 mins left, do as much as you could.”

 

The two guys were standing there with a serious look. I wanted to say something, but the tense atmosphere does not allow me to do so.

 

“But… if the statements is not complete, the person who is going to present will not be able to continue…”

 

“Er… Actually…” I finally make some sound so that I could tell them not to worry…

 

“Oh… Amber, you can go out now.” Tao turned and looked at me with a forced smile.

 

“Actually, I wanted to say is…” I wanted to cut in to their conversation again but the two of them looked at me with an annoyed look.

 

“3 seconds for you to say what you wanted to say.” Kris who was not in a good mood said.

 

“Er… I… The financial statements and proposal was checked and arranged by me, so I’ve actually remembered the details and numbers…”

 

After hearing what I had said, both Kris and Tao looked at me with their eyes widened up. Tao had his mouth wide opened and I could see his eyes brightened up.

 

“Really…?” Tao asked.

 

I nodded my head lightly.

If they do not need me, then I will gladly take a half-day off and seek for doctor…

 

“Now that I had finished what I wanted to say. Can I… leave…?”

“Stay right here!” Both men shouted together as if they had a tacit agreement.

 

(11 am)

I was standing right in front of the table full of people who were holding on to high positions and were waiting for Ms Kim who Kris is going to sign a contract with.

My hands were shaking as I held tightly to the laser pointer.

 

‘Amber, you got to do well! The company’s fate is solely on your hands!’ I told myself.

 

Even though I had remembered the figures and details of the contract and the proposal, but I am experiencing stress right now. I’m glad that Panadol had worked as I am feeling much better than before and I believe I am able to endure it till the end of presentation.

 

“Hi, Mr. Wu! It’s been a long time ever since we met.” Ms Kim finally appeared and said with a coy voice, and then offered a handshake.

 

To be honest… her voice really made goosebumps around me.

 

“Please take a seat, Ms. Kim.” Kris gave a polite smile as he shook her hand.

 

I looked at Kris and realized that he did not even looked worried at all compared to Tao who was no longer smiling and I could see that he was really worried about the upcoming presentation.

 

“Alright, let’s get started with this year’s contract and our plans for the upcoming collaborations.” Tao said as he gave me a nod to tell me to start with the presentation.

 

~Claps~

After the last slide had ended off, people in the room started clapping and Kris was smiling at me while giving me a nod.

 

‘Did I do well?’ I asked myself.

 

“That was really good.” Ms Kim stood up and gave a satisfied smile.

 

“It’s never a wrong choice for choosing your company as our future collaborations.”

 

“Thank you and I looked forward to this collaboration.” Kris smiled.

 

They were smiling to each other as if there is nobody in the meeting room. Ms. Kim then grabbed onto Kris arm and leaned closely towards him as they walked out of the room…

 

WHAT?

 

How could they walk out of the meeting room acting so lovey dovey while I am having a fever but still tried my best to complete the presentation! Didn’t he know that he was engaged! And the person he was engaged to is my unnie!! How could he! I stared at the door even though the two figures had already disappeared from my eyes.

 

“Isn’t Kris perfect? Our Kris is always able to make all those women fall for him…” Tao came to my side and said.

 

“But… Isn’t he engaged?”

 

“So what if Kris is engaged? He did not even attend the ceremony and I heard that the lady did not attend too…” Tao said as if it did not matter much.

 

“Since boss is already engaged, then those women should stop pestering him!” I complained.

 

I do not wish that unnie would suffer after marriage. Unnie would be such a poor thing if Kris treats her as if they are not related even though they are married.

 

“HAHAHA! You are too innocent to understand the society. Even though I am impressed by your performance just now, but you still need more tutoring in your views of the real society…” Tao shook his head.

 

“My views are correct. Isn’t the law stated monogamy?” I argued back.

 

“Have you ever seen any arranged marriage would end up blissful? It’s either the husband or the wife who had an affair. Furthermore, in such modern age city, which woman would actually cares about true love? Money would obviously come first!”

 

“I won’t allow him to do such things!!” I shouted.

 

“Hey… why are you so angry? Are you…” Tao looked at me in curiosity.

 

! What did I just said? Now Tao think that I am in love with Kris… I mean I am a guy now. Could he think me as a gay?

 

“Er…I mean… If boss do such things, it will definitely ruin the image of the company…” I said in guilty and trying to escape from Tao stare.

 

“Ahh… you got to say it clearly. Our Kris popularity among the women is really high. Even some guys were unable to resist his charisma!” Tao said as he emphasizes the word, ‘some’.

 

“Right! According to the experience before hand, Ms Kim would hold a birthday party few days after this meeting. All the people who are holding on to high position will be attending. You could come too!” Tao said excitedly.

 

“Party?” Not again… I am not going to attend such things!

 

“I don’t think I’m going…” I shook my head.

 

“Not going? That’s a pity… you would miss a good show!” Tao said.

 

“What kind of good show?”

 

“Well… Last year Ms. Kim got herself drunk during the party and she kept hanging around Kris and forced him to dance a cheek dance with her. Everyone in the party was so jealous of Kris but I just don’t get why didn’t Kris gave any reaction.” Tao said excitedly.

 

“Cheek dance?!!” I looked at Tao with my eyes widen up as I shouted.

 

“Shhh! It’s just a cheek dance! It’s not like they had ended up in the bed!” Tao covered my mouth and said.

 

“S-sorry…” I immediately apologized.

 

Ended up in the bed? That would be too late! No way I am going to let this happen! I’m not going to let unnie repeat the same mistake that her mother and my mother had experienced!

I got to attend this year’s party and get unnie go too!!

 

“I am going!” I said.

 

“You are going? Looks like you do not want to miss the good show right?” Tao said cheekily.

 

I gave a weak smile. After the whole presentation, I realized that I am getting dizzy. I got to take a taxi to the doctor…

 

“Tao, I think I got to go home first. I am feeling uncomfortable…” I said as I tried to hold myself.

 

“Uncomfortable? Oh right! You are having a fever before hand! How could I forget about it! Do you want me to give you a ride?” Tao said as he gave me a worried look.

 

“No, I’m okay. I can take a taxi home myself.” I said as I started packing up my things.

 

“Alright then, go and see a doctor first.”

 

I nodded my head and headed out of the meeting room to the lift.

 

“Amber!” While I was waiting for the lift, someone called my name. When I turned around and look at the person who called me, an ice pack was placed on my forehead.

 

“Boss!” I looked at Kris who was placing the ice pack on my forehead in shock.

 

How did he know that I am having a fever?

 

“I will bring you to the doctor.” Kris did not say much but grabbed my hand and pulled me into the lift that had just arrived.

 

“Boss…” I was completely stunned by Kris actions. People in the room didn’t even notice that I was sick. How did he find out when Ms. Kim was pestering him the whole time?

 

“Did you think that the people in the room didn’t notice that your face was way too pale?”

 

Kris was standing right beside me therefore I am unable to see his expression.

 

“I heard from Tao that you are living alone and how could you not take good care of yourself!” He said.

 

“I…” I held onto the ice pack that was on my forehead.

 

I had never thought that Kris would be so caring and even observant.

 

“The meeting was long… you had work hard…” Kris said softly.

 

‘You had work hard…’

It’s just a simple sentence and it already touches me. It’s like he was really able to understand my tiresomeness and my hard work. I had totally forgotten what I had thought Kris as just now. Why is he so caring? He brought me towel and even scolded me for trying to protect him from the acid and now… wanting to bring me to the doctor…

 

I had never been cared so much beside unnie…

 

(Kris’s POV)

~Ding Dong~

 

“Mr. Wu~~ Here you are~~ I had not finished with what I wanted to say just now and you had escaped when I was answering a call…” When I stepped out of the lift, Ms Kim that woman came and blocked my way.

 

What does she wants?!

 

If she weren’t someone I am going to collaborate with, I would have ignored her completely.

 

“Ms Kim…”

 

“I was about to ask you what should I plan for the upcoming birthday party. Any ideas?” She gave a sweet smile as she grabbed my arm and stick onto me.

 

“I- Careful!” As I am about to say that I need to bring Amber to the doctor, Amber had already fainted and was about to fell onto the ground.

 

I immediately grabbed onto Amber’s waist and arm to pull him so that he can rest against me.

 

“What happened to him?” Ms. Kim frowned.

 

“ I got to bring him to the hospital. He is having a high fever!” I decided to ignore Ms. Kim for once and then carried Amber on my back, then ran towards the car park where my car was parked.

 

‘Stupid! Why didn’t you say that you had a fever when you came to work? Why do you want to endure for so long?’

 

I looked at Amber who was now lying on the car seat beside mine. He was officially fainted and I immediately helped him fasten the belts and placed the ice pack on his forehead once again, then drove off.