lie to me

you're not pretty, you're beautiful.

lie to me

There is no chance that Mr Woo can possibly have a decent conversation with my mother, or say a word to her, because she is peacefully gazing down at me in heaven. I drag myself to point directions for Mr Woo. According to Mr Woo’s car clock, it is precisely 5:00. My bartender job starts exactly in half an hour. I attempt to rush Mr Woo along in his car, but he keenly turns down my orders. He arrives in front of a, my, rundown apartment downtown. His eyes widen at the messy sight, but this is where I live. I ignore his reaction and grab my bag, straightening my school skirt and climbing up the metal stairs. Mr Woo reluctantly follows me, glancing at his unfamiliar surroundings.

So where’s you mother?” He queries.

I do not answer him, but instead I pull out the key to my apartment and unlock the door. Apartment no.17 is mine, and it’s situated right on the edge of all the apartments meaning that I have a side window. My apartment is small, but it’s cosy. I chuck my schoolbag near the door, and pretend to have a look around the apartment for my mother. I wish she was here, even if I was going to get in huge trouble with Mr Woo. Finally, after pretending to glance at every single corner in the apartment, I sigh and return to Mr Woo.

“My mother isn’t here. I’ll tell her to write a note for you tomorrow,” I remark.

“This apartment…only 1 person lives here…” He murmurs.

“What. I live here with my mother. Don’t question how we live,” I argue.

“I’ll wait with you. Would you like to have noodles together?” Mr Woo places the box on the table, which has two chairs.

“Sorry. I have something to do”.

I can’t afford to lose anymore time. I grab my duffle bag which I have already prepared with my bartender clothes in it. Mr Woo is leaning on the frame of the door, smirking.

“Don’t you have to wait for your mother…?” He tilts his head curiously.

“She’d want me to do this,” I plainly answer.

“Alright. What do I do with the noodles?” Mr Woo enquires.

“Just leave them there. I’ll come back and heat them up later Mr Woo,” I order.

“Okay then Hee Young. Tell your mother to write me a note okay?” He reminds.

“Sure…” I run into the bathroom quickly to do makeup on my face.

I apply dark red lipstick to my lips so they look smooth. I apply foundation to cover up all of my scars and my flaws and quickly tie my hair into a messy bun. I forget that Mr Woo is still standing there and hastily leave the apartment.

“You’re beautiful as you are Hee Young,” He murmurs.

“I’ve really got to go…” I mutter hastily, locking my apartment again.

Is this to impress some boy…?” Mr Woo sighs.

“No! I’ve got to go! Thank you Mr Woo! Bye!” I sprint away with my troubled leg, holding my duffle bag tightly around my shoulder.

I have precisely ten minutes before my shift starts, and I’m usually there by now. Curse you Mr Woo for making me late. I pick up my pace, even though my legs are dying beneath me. My body starts to strain itself, but I reach the club five minutes late. I enter, and hastily change into my bartending clothes in the bathroom. They may be a little skimpy, but that’s what I work with. I manage to avoid the boss and fortunately not many people have arrived at the club early. I put a smug look on my face as my co-worker comes later than I am.

“Yo Joon. Late again huh?” I cup my cheeks in my hands.

“Freaking boss yelled at me,” He exclaims in frustration.

“This is very high class you know,” I roll my eyes at the typical Joon behaviour.

Time rolls by slowly, very slowly and the DJ puts on different songs. I continue to bring out drinks, servicing the customers that come by obviously drunk already by the misty club air and the party aura. On the dance floor, everyone is grinding on each other and sensually dancing. When I first came here, I really hated it but now I just watch in interest as their fairytales come true. Did you hear my sarcasm there?

“Naega keureokke reokke manmanhani” The DJ changes the song quickly.

“Am I that insignificant you”

 

I notice a familiar blonde in the crowd dancing. No. It can’t be?! I lean closer and squint at the figure that is grinding him onto some random chic. I gasp and drop the glass I am holding loosely in my hand. The glass drops with a huge crash and the glass shatters into tiny shards. . Joon scolds me and I apologise around ten times before he finally cracks it and tells me to go die in a hole. I shamefully sit in the customer chairs, trying to get a glimpse of what I think is Sunghyun Woo.

Omo. I think it is really Sunghyun Woo.

I should probably go hide myself now. . He’s a womaniser too. What is with all those s hanging onto him?! He paces himself and glances around the club as he makes his way to the bar. I try to move myself but I can’t, so instead I hang my head low and spin around to Joon. Oh crap. Mr Woo happens to be seated right next to me. He plays around with the glass in his hands, fondling around with it for a few seconds after broadly sighing.

“What do you want Eun Mi,” He lazily glances up and down at her perfect S line figure.

“I wanted to know what we did last night! You said you loved me! You really did! What is going on here Kevin Oppa!?” She squirms.

“That was a one night stand babe,” He shrugs.

“B-B-But Oppa!” She stamps her feet.

“Face it Eun Mi. You just got R-E-J-E-C-T-E-D. Spells to rejected,” Mr Woo nods, swinging over and leaning on the table.

Ouch. So is his English name Kevin? I have to make sure this is Sunghyun Woo, him. The aura feels different. I slowly breathe and listen to Kevin call Joon over for his order.

“Yah. You lazy employee there. I’m busy so can you give him his order?”

JOON. He is so clueless. Probably because I didn’t tell him what was wrong. I slowly stand up, and keep my head as low as possible. I quickly glance up to find Mr Woo still boredly playing with the glass in his hands. I quickly grab the glass and he glances up at me, and grabs my hand, playing with it. “Just kidding. You’re a bartender. Why would I seduce you?” He chuckles to himself.

I grind my teeth as his comment. Is this guy testing my patience? I quickly fill the water and bang it in front of him so it grabs his attention. He jerks upwards and grabs the drink, softly sipping at it. He sits cross armed, observing my awkward actions as I ponder on what to do.

“Yah. You’re obviously clueless at your job. Aren’t you meant to be serving customers, talking to me?” He rolls his eyes.

“I-I-I have an s-s-social a-awkwardness p-problem,” I pretend to stutter.

I mentally punch myself for that. Social awkwardness problem?! Mr Woo shrugs, drowning himself in the drink I gave him. I strangely pretend to read the menu, when I already know it easily off by heart. Lucky Joon is busy serving the ladies, or he would scold me so much right now. I can feel Mr Woo’s hard stare on my back. He chuckles to himself, like he knows something I doesn’t. Girls continue to grind themselves against my music and science teacher. He might as well be my English teacher too since he’s so fluent. This is wrong.

“Hey you. Refill?” He dangles the glass in front of himself.

He is acting so obnoxious, and arrogant. You can’t just call a bartender you like that. I spin around, my face uncovered and bang the glass in front of him. He glances up and down at me, and I have finally realised my mistake.

So rude,” I huff.

“Jung Hee Young?” He examines my face.

“,” I swear.

“My underage student works at a club…an adult bar…huh? And what was that about you mother? A complete lie?” He curiously speaks. “There are many things you must tell me Hee Young don’t you?”

“Y-You’re…a heartbreaker. A player,” I stutter.

“We have many things to discuss Miss Jung. How about I ask your manager to pardon you just for today?” Mr Woo suggests.

“No! I need the money!” I lash out.

“I’ll give you double,” He bites his lip seductively.

“O-okay…” Mr Woo grabs my hand tightly and squeezes it, before going to the manager and paying him to let me go for today. He must be rich. He leads me to his car parked outside and quickly checks on it before crashing me against the wall.

“Mr Woo! What are you doing?” I cry.

A girl like you shouldn’t be working like this,” He his lips.

“Mr Woo…” I heavily breathe.

“Where are your parents?” He leans in closer, about to crash his lips on mine.

I shut my mouth, refusing to say anything. He stressfully banged his fist on the wall behind me, making me cower away in fear. I purse my lips together, shaking my head. He leans in closer until there are just small inches between our face. My lip trembles as he gently grazes his lip against my own. I close my eyes and wait for his lips to be laid on mine, as he breathes heavily, his chest heaving up and down. Maybe he’s just deprived. Maybe he hasn’t been laid in a few days.

“Sorry Hee Young. I should’ve stopped…” Mr Woo apologises deeply.

“I’m sorry I was a bit hard,” I bow, apologising in return.

“P-Please call me Kevin. We’re outside of school…” He scratches the back of his neck.

“Keeviinnn” I pronounce slowly, since my English is really bad.

Kevin gently ruffles my hair, chuckling at my strange pronunciation. Then I realise where I am. I’m in my bartending uniform, outside a club, with what supposedly to my teacher I had witnessed act like a total player, a heartbreaker. My eyes dart to his chest then to his smirking face again.

“Cash?” I hold my hand out.

“Here…Double…” He pulls out his wallet reluctantly and sighs.

“Okay! See you at school tomorrow Mr Woo…!” I happily giggle with my bag over my shoulder as Kevin digs through his wallet.

“Oh hold on there missy…you got off easy! And it’s Kevin to you. I’m not that much older than you and Mr Woo makes me feel awkward. And besides~ I still want to see your mother…!” He tapped my wrist, clenching it loosely.

“Um right. I have to tell you something. My parents aren’t here anymore,” I give Kevin the weakest look ever, in hope to get a sympathetic look back from him.

He just blankly stares at me after that.

 

Casey's Corner

well hai there again ;) he's bipolar. i know. i lost one subber --cries-- but all your lovely other subscribers commented :) i didn't get any new subscribers last time --cries again-- subscribes and comments are appreciated-- please do not unsub because i'll be really depressed...