you're beautiful

you're not pretty, you're beautiful.

you’re beautiful.

No one had ever called me beautiful before. It slowly started to sink into my skin. Mr Woo just continues to smirk in front of me as I stare into empty space. His face had somehow etched into my mind. I open my mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. He gently touches a strand of my hair and tugs on it, wanting a reaction from me.

“Aren’t you going to talk Miss Jung Hee Young?” He questions, playing with my hair.

I remain completely silent to his question.

Have you…Have you never been called beautiful before Miss Hee Young?

“B-beautiful?” I stammer.

 

“You’re a teacher Mr Woo,” I gulp.

 

I don’t even think detentions even near ended but I stand up and haul my bag over my shoulder. Mr Woo stands up carefully, his fingers tapping the table. I hastily read his nametag that is mandatory for all staff to wear. I expect him to stand bewildered by the table, as I slam the door behind me. Instead his face remains no different as he quickly strides up to me, jerking at my bag.

“I believe detention’s not over yet Miss,” He raises an eyebrow.

“M-My mother is waiting for me at home…I can’t keep her waiting,” I fib.

That was a complete lie. That is no mother waiting for me at home. No one is waiting for me at home, nor is there someone I can wait for. I live in a single apartment by myself, and support myself with an after school job that occupied my time. The job is as a bartender at a bar, which is a rather gruesome job that no one wants. During my time, I’ve gotten used to the smoky smell and the drunken breathes spewed in my face. Nevertheless, the job pays well enough for me to support myself. I am aware I am underage, a mere seventeen year old.

“If so, I guess you should leave Hee Young,” He passes me a few notes for English.

“So this is what you were doing at your table…” I murmur, glancing over the new notes to help me with my English studies.

I sprint out of the classroom, drawing the door open and leaving it ajar as I realise I forgot to thank Mr Woo for the English notes. I shrug carelessly. My feet carry me at a fast pace, as I realise that I will be late for work tonight. I need that job, desperately. I can’t afford to fall out of line. I am too absorbed in my thoughts when suddenly I lose my feet and clumsily trip over my shoelaces onto the rough concrete ground. I yelp suddenly, realising that I tripped in the car park. I stagger to the seats and gaze at my bloodied knee.

“Aish…” I murmur stressfully.

 The nurse will aid me too much, and won’t let me go. There is no one around the area except for the teachers at this time, and I don’t want someone fussing over my knee. I wince as I attempt to stand up. The crimson blood trickles down my leg, staining my long socks. Now I’ll have to wash my school socks tonight. This day has turned out to be the worst. I got a detention and now I’ve fallen over. Next thing I know, I’ll be late for work.

Hee Young?” I hear a familiar voice from behind.

I twist my upper body around to witness Mr Woo dropping his bag onto the ground. He looks ready to go home. He first glances at my knee, and then to my pained face. I bite my lip, waiting to receive a reaction of him. He coolly kneels beside the bench, examining the cut silently. I realise he hasn’t said a word. He removes a first aid kit from his workbag and quickly finds the disinfectant. He soon fondles with the long strip of bandage, swirling it around my leg gently.

“How did you fall…?” He questions.

“I tripped, okay?!” I angrily answer.

He just chuckles softly. His voice comes across like chime bells. This teacher…he is angelic. His face is pretty, like a girl. I stare at his fine features as he continues to aid my leg. There is an awkward silence as he finished.

“Why were staring at me Hee Young?” He grins cheekily.

“No! I wasn’t! Why would I?!” I firmly raise my fist.

“So you walk home…I see…” He mutters.

I nod silently.

Where do you live…I’ll give you a lift home as a dedicated teacher,” He adds.

“I’m fine! I can walk home Mr Woo,” I quickly stand up, realising the pain and then immediately collapsing back onto the bench again.

Fine…huh?” He sniggers.

I curse in defeat. Mr Woo assists me to his car, which is a dark black one. He politely opens the door for me and I go in, sitting in the soft comfy seat. He hauls my bag into the backseat and soon arrives to the driver’s seat. I lean on the window, daydreaming as he starts the car and drives out of the school. The car gently rumbles which does not stir me much.

“Now where do you live?” He queries.

I’d rather not say. Please drop me off at the grocery shop. I have to pick up dinner,” I purse my lips together.

“But you’re...kind of disabled?” Mr Woo reminds me.

“Just do it,” I sigh.

“Yes sir,” He exhales noisily.

He parks his car in front of the busy grocery store and quickly pulls open the door for me. I grab my bag and immediately start limping away as fast as I can, leaving him standing by the car. I see him roll his eyes from behind and quickly race up to me since I can’t move myself quickly. He grabs my shoulder and spins me around.

“Yah! Can’t you see that you can’t walk?!” He scolds.

“So…?” I cross my arms over my chest and impatiently tap the ground.

“Let me help! You’re going to get takeout food right?” He exclaims.

“I don’t need your freaking help!” I stomp my uninjured foot.

“Come on…” He grabs my arm, leading me into the nearest Asian takeout store.

I reluctantly enter, knowing that Yoona and Eunhyuk will be here. I quickly glance around the store. Yoona and Eunhyuk are sitting in a corner. They both excitedly wave at me and then realise that Mr Woo has his grasp tightly on my arm. Their eyes widen and they drop their mouths at Mr Woo. Mr Woo is too absorbed in the menu list that he doesn’t notice my silent communication with my friends. I struggle to free myself from Mr Woo, and I fail in the end.

Let’s bring your mother home noodles?” Mr Woo suggests, putting his arm around my shoulder. This makes us look like a couple.

“Alright…” I agree.

I want to get out of here as soon as possible. Eunhyuk and Yoona are whispering to each other now, even though I would never hear them even if they were talking normally. I guess they’re talking about me. I hand Mr Woo my wallet so he can dig through it to get the right amount of money. He orders takeout and as we wait, he realises that Yoona and Eunhyuk are sitting in the corner. He waves and smiles at them, and I mentally face palm myself. Mr Woo grabs my hand, which is really awkward, and hauls us over to Yoona and Eunhyuk’s table.

“Hi Hyukjae! Hi Yoona!” He cheerfully waves.

“Hi Mr Woo,” Yoona nervously greets back.

“Mr Woo,” Eunhyuk nods, grimacing at how Mr Woo called him Hyukjae.

“What are you doing here with our best friend?!” Eunhyuk demands, threatening Mr Woo with a plastic fork.

“Just buying dinner with her,” Mr Woo casually shrugs.

You’re only here because I fell!” I grind my teeth.

“That’s no way to talk to a teacher…” He smirks at me.

What. Am I going to get another detention?” I sarcastically roll my eyes.

“I’ll be meeting your mother later Hee Young,” He firmly looks me in the eye.

I lied about my mother. I’ll just have to lie again.

Your order’s ready!” The ahjumma calls.

“We’ll be going…” Mr Woo grabs my hand, squeezing it once again.

As he squeezes my hand, I feel my cheeks becoming pink and my stomach lurches. I grasp onto my stomach, and swallow to try get rid of the feeling.

Here you are…!” The ahjumma sweetly hands Mr Woo the takeout.

“Thank you ahjumma!” Mr Woo bows as well as me.

“It’s fine! You two take care of each other, okay? You’re the sweetest yet funniest couple I have ever seen enter the store! You look like a teacher, but she’s a schoolgirl! How funny!” The ahjumma giggles.

“We’re not a couple,” I bluntly protest.

“Aish! This girl…!” She shakes her head in disappointment.

 

“Shall we go home? I have to talk to your mother about your behaviour…And your English.."

 

Casey's Corner

Um hai again ^^ chapter 2 up ;) uwah 23 subbers !! *screams in excitement* please sub and comment~! :) i might put 3rd chapter up today as well if i feel motivated :) okay bai for now! ~~comments and subscribes are appreciated~~! it's kinda awkward putting mr woo instead of kevin but hee young will call him kevin later ;) thanks for commenting and subbing!!! PLEASE COMMENT AND SUB :)