yours, not mine

you're not pretty, you're beautiful.

yours, not mine

I slip on my distinctive hooded leather jacket and sported my usual school uniform. Even though I barely talked, I stood out in the crowd. I had one of those rare knee length skirts and I wore a hooded leather jacket. School is the exact opposite of where I want to be right now. I have nothing against it, but I find it a waste of my precious time. The teachers are utterly stupid and do not know how to teach thus that is how my previous music and science teacher got sacked. I had found teaching music and science was an interesting mix. Music was something apparently carefree, unlike science which revolved around formulas. I step into the classroom wearing my knee high socks and rainbow sneakers early. I locate my usual seat behind the queenka of not only the class, but school.

“Do you know what happened to Mr Kim?” My best friend Eunhyuk sniggers.

I honestly don’t know how I became best friends with Eunhyuk in high school. I can’t believe we’re still friends in Senior Year. It just happened. We never really clicked and I don’t think we ever will. I roll my eyes at Eunhyuk. I swear, he’s much more of a girl than I am. But I would never call him gay; after all, he has this huge crush on Miyoung who is in all different classes than him. Unlucky hey?

So what happened to Mr Kim,” I sigh.

“Apparently the pedo tried to hit on Yujin. Yujin got her father’s lawyers to eliminate him,” Eunhyuk explains.

Yujin happens to be the person sitting in front of me, the queenka. She is bloody rich. It makes me feel bad for myself and my family, but nevertheless she didn’t have the greatest personality. I flip open my schedule and glance through my classes.

Music. Bring music pad.

I forgot my music pad! Without warning I race out of the classroom and to my locker. There is a commotion that is moving towards me. I curiously turn my head towards the crowded gaggle of girls that are surrounding one new teacher. His hair is dyed a light auburn colour. He coldly pushes his way through the crowds. This is what he gets for coming to a school like this. Even though I am a student in this school, I find this school peculiar. Girls like Yujin are worshipped because they kick others to the ground like dirt. He catches my eye and I sense I slightly plea for help as he is trapped. Meh. I ignore it and I run back to class with my music pad in my hands.

“Sunghyun Oppa,” One of the girls flirts, brushing against him lightly.

Miss Kim Eunjung. Detention,” He sternly moves away from her.

It’s the first day Sir,” I blurt out, in defence of Kim Eunjung’s stupid actions.

It’s not the first day of term. It’s the first day I’m here,” He corrects.

A teacher’s personality never clashes with mine. I wasn’t going to let this new teacher come in and trample over everyone else.

Jeez Hee Young! Let me have a detention with a hot guy!” Eunjung grimaces.

My mouth drops, literally. I don’t even know if I saw a smirk. I think he smirked. I bury my face behind my book and waddle on back to class.

It soon came to me. I watch as the smirking teacher from before enters the classroom and stretches his long limbs. He eyes us all behind slamming his books onto the table and the class grows silent. His sharp eyes quickly find mine. I sigh and stare at my desk, fondling with the end of my pen. He opens his mouth to begin his huge introduction, but he instead shuts his mouth close and forces a smile.

Sunghyun Woo at your service,” He clicks his fingers.

“Really…” I murmur under my breath.

A majority of girls are squealing, whilst the rest of us straight minded population just roll our eyes. So we have a player as a teacher. I really don’t know if he is a player or not, but I think he is. He just gives off that vibe. So our teacher, who introduced himself as Sunghyun Woo sits at the teachers desk. I’m anticipating a further introduction, but I don’t get any. The room is silent. Still. He opens his bag revealing his laptop and decides to go through roll call.

“Lee Hyukjae,” He calls Eunhyuk who’s half asleep in his chair.

It’s Eunhyuk sir. He only answers to Eunhyuk,” I correct, gently nudging my friend.

“Eunhyuk,” Mr Woo coughs slightly and Eunhyuk jerks his head up the same time as his hands. I watch as Mr Woo’s firm lips turn up into a smile. His smile is cute. I wonder how old he is; because I don’t think he’s that old. He continues calling the rest of the class and I listen to the drone of his voice.

“Jung Hee Young,” He calls my name.

“Here,” I bluntly shrug.

I wonder if he’s gotten laid before,” Yujin giggles a little too loudly right after my name is called, and a few heads turn around to look at her inappropriate comment. Mr Woo even turned to look at her strangely but then just chuckled to himself. I assume he’s up himself. Yujin just wriggles her eyebrows and flap those lashes as Mr Woo just eyes her for whole class. The bell soon echoes through the school and I exit the school. The classes drag on and on, and I feel relieved by the end of the day. My best friend, Yoona, is waiting for me and holding her books with Eunhyuk.

“How was school today Hee Young?” She smiles playfully.

“Stupid new teacher,” I shrug.

Stupid hey?” I spin around to see Mr Woo ready to leave school.

“No,” I gulp.

“We’re going to leave Hee Young. Is that okay?” Eunhyuk questions and walks off anyway knowing that I’m not going to answer him. I spin around to face a smirking Mr Woo. I literally want to sink into the ground after saying that. I should watch my mouth. I look at him bravely as he takes out a bun to eat.

“Want some?” He asks.

“No thank you,” I purse my lips together.

So you called me stupid?” He awkwardly asks.

“Apparently I did,” I shrug, brave enough to say that.

“Detention,” He raises his eyebrow.

Sure sure,” I roll my eyes, I knew I was in for this.

Without much surprise, I soon find myself seated right in front of Mr Woo’s desk. He concentrates at his desk in marking and things. I just play with my pencil, sighing and falling asleep. I look up at him to find him staring at me.

“Don’t you have anything better to do?” I mock.

“Just watching you work,” He bites his lip and stands up. He takes the seat in front of his desk out and leans on my desk, glancing at my homework on the desk. He fluently reads the English.

“You haven’t done anything…” He murmurs.

“I don’t understand English, okay?” I sigh.

English was never my strongest subject and I didn’t pay attention to it much. I guess Mr Woo must be fluent in English then. Just another person to correct my mistakes.

“How old are you really Mr Woo?” I rest my chin in my hands and curiously look at him.

“Why would you be so interested? Am I that mesmerising?” He chuckles.

“NO!” My face blushes red.

“I’m twenty this year. Turning 21,” He answers.

“Wow…” I murmur under my breath.

“What am I too young for you?” He gently simpers.

He stares at me right in the eye. This is so awkward. I feel my cheeks beginning to redden as he moves in even closer to my face. This is too close. I can feel his hot breathing in my face.

“No,” I answer.

“Has anyone ever told you that you’re not pretty?”

“No”.

What kind of question is that? I want to sink into my chair. I sheepishly blush under my bangs. No one has told me that I’m pretty or anything else than that. I’ve been called pretty occasionally with my family, but parents call you pretty no matter what.

“It’s because you’re beautiful”.

 

Casey's Corner

uwah~ 17 subbers already! I was really scared that I would disappoint you this chapter. Ask any of my friends >A< oh well. I really hope you liked the chapter. I hope A LOT. Thanks for commenting and subscribing if you have because it means A LOT to me :) hope the first chapter isn't too bad! thank you so much --cries happily--

~~ comments and subscribes are appreciated~~