Link & Love : 23 "I Like You"

Link & Love

 

 


 

 

 

 "Yonghee?"

 

 

My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I heard that voice calling my name. I know that voice. The voice I missed so much. But I felt pain in my chest. I couldn't face him and so I continued walking hastily. But then a hand grabbed my wrist and and forced me to turn around.

 

 

Yong Junhyung.

 

 

He was there, right in front of my eyes. But then his face became blurry as tears roll down from my eyes.

 

 

"Let go." I said, lowering my gaze to the ground. I can't look at him. It hurts.

 

 

"What are you doing here?" he asked, still holding my wrist.

 

 

"You don't have to know so let go." I insisted, moving my arm but he held me tighter.

 

 

"Why are you crying? Did something happen?" he asked again, his voice was full of concern and worry.

 

 

With my head still hung low, I retorted, "Why do you care? Just let me go! She's waiting for you. I bet you have a lot of catching up to do since you miss her so much." I struggled to free my wrist and I managed to do it. I turned around and started to walk away from him but then he grabbed me again by the waist and surprised me with a very tight hug.

 

 

"I miss you the most." he said softly to my ear. His hands held m tightly in place and I can feel his warm seeping through my own body.

 

 

I didn't respond to his hug. I was just standing there, letting him hug me. Then I said, "You miss me the most? You miss me the most yet you sent her emails telling her you miss her so much? What does that mean?" anger rose up to my head.

 

 

He broke the hug and look at me, "I didn't----- the messages, they, they were supposed to be sent to you. I was drunk that time but I clearly remembered the image of you telling me you don't like me. So I didn't send the emails to you. I sent them randomly. I didn't know I sent those to her. I swear." he explained.

 

 

"What?! You mistakenly sent those messages to me?!" Hyuna suddenly interrupted. Her voice full of shock and anger at the same time.

 

 

Junhyung turned to her, "Yes. Please don't misunderstand and just forget about it." he said. Hyuna felt so offended that she stomped her way towards the school after blurting out some curses.

 

 

Junhyung turned back to me, looking at me straight  in the eyes, giving me all his attention. "Please believe me." he pleaded.

 

 

I felt sorry for him but I was still feeling a bit angry inside. "Whatever. I don't care. Let's just stop this." I said angrily, looking back at him.

 

 

"Well I care." he answered firmly.

 

 

"Why do you care?"

 

 

"Because I like you! I care for you and I missed you so much." he answered. "Do you know how hard was it for me not to see you even for just three days? Do you know how hard it was for me to talk to my father's employees without fatlering when inside me I feel so much pain because of images of you saying you don't like me? Do you know how difficult it was for me to just stare at your number and hold myself from calling  you or sending you messages? Do you know how hard were those three days for me?" he said, pain and sadness filled his eyes.

 

 

"No I don't. I don't know." I answered. "But I know that it was hard not to know why you disappeared suddenly. It was hard to resist myself from asking Yoseob and the others about where you've gone. It was difficult to eat or sleep or even do anything else when I feel guilty inside because of what I said to you. It was so hard to wake up in the morning when I've got all day to blame myself for saying things to you that I really did not mean and for hurting you. It was hard trying to stop myself from calling you and asking how you're doing. IT WAS SO HARD THAT I FELT LIKE DYING. I felt like dying from all the guilt I felt inside. It was hard for you, I know. But it doesn't mean that it wasn't hard for me." I said, tears keep on flowing from my eyes.

 

 

We stared at each other for a moment. He was the one who broke the silence. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for disappearing and  for not telling you where I went. I'm sorry for making you worry about me. I'm sorry for not calling you. I'm sorry for making you feel guilty inside. I'm sorry, Yonghee." he apoligized. I can see remorse in his face.

 

 

"I'm sorry too. I'm sorry for getting angry at you. For hurting you. For saying mean things to you. For lying. I'm sorry, Junhyung." I said softly. I really felt almost all the heavy weight inside my heart was lifted after I apoligized at him.

 

 

"Lying?" he repeated.

 

 

"Yes." I answered.

 

 

"About what?" he asked.

 

 

"About disliking you." I replied.

 

 

"What do you mean?" he asked again, curiosity at its highest level.

 

 

 

"The truth is....

 

 

 

 

I like you."