Link & Love : 05 “Dancer”

Link & Love

 

 


 

 

After that incident in the Girl's CR, I decided to keep distance from Yoseob and the rest. It's not because I'm afraid of those crazy girls but because I want to have a peaceful and quiet school life. I don't like being in fights and I just don't want the limelight.

 

 

I was eating my lunch alone at the cafeteria. Suddenly, someone sat beside me.

 

 

"Yongie! Where have you been all this time huh? We've been looking for you since three days ago." Yoseob said as he put his arm around my shoulder.

 

 

"Oh!" I was so shocked that I didn't actually know how to reply to that. "Uhmm, I was just... uhhh.. here? In school? I guess." I said hesitantly.

 

 

Yoseob had a confused look then his phone rang.

 

 

"Yoboseyo?" he answered. Then he suddeny yelled, "WHAT?! Dongwoon is injured? What happened?!" his eyebrows are now having a meet-up as he frowned, focusing hard on his phone. "How the hell are we suppose to present in the Summer School Program? No. Wait, Doojoon-ah, we can't do this, we need a susbtitute, we should  have 4 members in order to perform the stunts and for the choreography to be better!" he said angrily. Then he calm down, "Okay, we need to find a substitute as soon as possible. we only have 1 week to prepare." then he hang up his phone.

 

 

I turned to him, "What happened?" I asked, full of curiosity.

 

 

He looked at me and said, "Well, our Dongwoon is injured. So we need to find a substitute because our choregraphy was meant for four members."

 

 

"Oh. How is he? Too bad." I said, taking a spoonful of rice into my mouth. Silence followed.

 

 

"JACKPOT!" he suddenly shouted. I almost fell off my seat from the shock I got from that shout of his.

 

 

I turned to him and yelled, "What's the matter with you Yang Yoseob? You almost made my heart jump out of its place!" I slapped him on his shoulder and he looked at me with a wide, creepy smile on his face. "What?!" I asked, terrified of what he might say.

 

 

"I know you know what I'm thinking Yongie!" he said, moving closer to me still with that creepy smile printed on his face,

 

 

OH MY! I think I know what he's up to! *sweats* "W-what? I d-don't know!" I stuttered.

 

 

"You know! You know it Yong!" he insisted. He kept on leaning to me.

 

 

I swallowed hard and leaned back. "What are you talking about Seob?" I asked, even though I know what he's talking about. *sweating waterfalls*

 

 

"I remembered when we were kids, your dancing is bad*ss!" he  finally said it.

 

 

"S-so?!" I asked dumbly, hands shaking and lips trembling. DON'T TELL ME SEOB! DON'T!

 

 

"So, BE OUR DANCER YONG!"

 

 

That was it, I totally died.

 

 

- - - - - -

 

 

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped. Large drops of sweat made their way out of my pores as I processed what Yoseob had just said.

 

"So, BE OUR DANCER YONG!"

 

DANCER!? Is he even serious? I mean, yes, I was a dancer before. BEFORE. I haven't danced for quite some time now. I'm not even sure if I can still dance just like before.

 

 

"I, I can't dance." I simply said, turning my gaze to my food. I can't dance. I think I forgot how. I don't know.

 

 

"What? You can't? Don't joke around me Yong. I know you can. You're always the main dancer whenever we have presentations at school before. You dance really well." Yoseob said, reminding me of what happened before.

 

 

"That was before Seob. I haven't danced in a long time. I don't think my body can move just like before. I'm sorry I can't help you with this." I said, looking at him with my most sincere face.

 

 

"Come on Yong. I know you haven't forgotten your dancing skill. How can you forget something you love?" He said, trying to convince me to agree.

 

 

I feel a tug in my heart. Something I love? Yes. I love dancing. I remembered practicing very hard, enjoying every step I made, every beat I moved along with, every move I made. But that was before. Time changes everything and I think it included me and dancing. And also, dancing with Yoseob and his friends would mean being exposed to the public. I hate being in the spotlight. I hate attention. That's why I don't want to agree to this whole "So, BE OUR DANCER YONG!" thing.

 

"Seob, I can't be Dongwoon's substitute. I'll help you find one. Just don't let me dance." I said, trying to make a deal with him.

 

 

"But Yong, I think you're the fittest substitute for Dongwoon. And besides, you'll not be in the center always. You're more of a back-up dancer. Dongwoon's turn to be on spotlight was last year. Now, it's Junhyung's. So don't worry too much. Just please agree to this. Just this once." Yoseob pleaded, as he reached for my hand and grab it, pressing it hard.

 

 

"But---" I was about to protest then Junhyung came. He looked at me then turned to Yoseob. Then he turned to me again.

 

 

"Yah, forget about the tutor thing I asked you and join the group. Be Dongwoon's substitute and I'll forget you spat your filthy strawberry-flavored gum to my hair." he said.

 

 

"What if I say no?" I argued, not willing to give in to his command.

 

 

"You can't." he replied.

 

 

"And why is that?" i asked.

 

 

"Because if you do, I'll spill your filthy little secret." he answered with an evil smirk plastered on his handsome face. Wait! Scratch that! He's not in' handsome for Hello Kitty's sake!

 

 

"What secret?!" I asked.

 

 

"Try refusing to our offer, and then not only will you know, but the whole school will also know about what you're hiding." he simply said and then walked away.

 

WHAT SECRET?!!!!!!! O.o

 

- - - - - - -