Link & Love : 17 "Sand Castles & Pancakes"

Link & Love

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________


 

 

He smirked, "No need." he said, THEN HE IN' HIS THUMB THAT HE USED TO WIPE THE ICE CREAM FROM THE SIDE OF MY LIPS! "Hmm... Sweet." he said softly.

 

 

OH MY GOD FOR THE SECOND TIME!

 

 

I was so surprised by what he did! I quickly turned away and ate my icecream faster. UGH! Dang brain freeze! Nobody said a word after that and I felt kind of  awkward. After finishing off my ice cream I stood up and looked at him. " Uh.. I'm gonna go now. I'm tired. Tell them I'm not gonna have dinner, I'm still full." and with that, I walked away. I hurried over to our room and plopped myself on the bed. I got the soft pillow and hugged it ever so tightly.

 

 

 

"Yah! Tell me Pillow-sshi, what did he just do, huh? WHAT THE DID HE JUST DO?!" I asked the innocent pillow while shaking it violently. "What does that action mean? Is he playing a prank on me again? Well, I'm not gonna deny that it was flattering but it was also embarassing! He looked so, uhm, ahh, y, while doing it but it was gross! UGH! I hate him for making me like this!" I yelled at the pillow and threw it off the bed. Then I realized that the pillow did nothing wrong and so I got it back and hugged it tight again.


 

 

I laid down and cover my face with the pillow. I inhaled its floral scent then I felt relaxed. Then tiredness came and I slowly fell asleep.


 

- - - - - -

 

 

I woke up early the next day because I slept early. I washed up and got dressed. I decided to go out for a while since its still 7am. Breakfast is served at 8am. I walked out of the room and strolled along the seashore. AHHHH! Its so beautiful here! I haven't got the chance to appreciate the beauty of the place yesterday so I'm gonna appreciate it now. I took off my flipflops and got into the water.


 

 

"Ah! Its cool! I like this so much!" I said to myself. The feeling of the cool water on my feet was calming.


 


"What are you doing here, playing alone with yourself." A voice suddenly came from behind. I quickly turned around to see Minjun smiling at me. So cute!

 


 

"I woke up early so I've decided to check out the place. What about you?" I asked, smiling back at him.


 

 

"Woke up early too." he answered as he took a seat on the sand. I walked towards him and sat beside him.


 

 

"This place is great. Very beautiful." I said, starting a conversation.


 

 

"Yes. Its very relaxing here. I like the beach a lot." he replied, looking straight at the horizon.


 

 

I followed his gaze, "Me too. I love beaches. I love making sand castles too!"


 

 

He laughed. "Then, shall we make sand castles now?" he asked.


 

 

I smiled, "Sure!"


 

 

We started making sand castles. Minjun was making a big and wid one while I'm making a tall one. We had pretty good talks in the middle of making the sand castles. I discovered a lot of things about him. He is an ulzzang. He likes English the most and he has a little brother named Minhyuk. We also had a fair share of laughter as we try to joke around. Minjun is a really nice guy. He is so fun to be with.


 

 

"JARAAA! Finished!" I declared as I put the blue seasheel on the top of my tower. I clapped my hands as I proudly presented my sand castle.


 

 

"There! I've finished mine too." he said as he stared at his own castle. 


 

 

"Now let us make the other judge which is better. But we should not reveal the maker of the castle! We should not react after knowing their choices so that they will not know." I explained.

 


 

"Is there a punishment?" Minjun asked.

 


 

"Uhmm, what about giving half of your breakfast to the winner?" I suggested and he agreed. We sat beside the castles and waited for the others to wake up. Doojoon was the first one to get out of their room. I waved at him and called him. He then  walked towards us.


 

 

"Hey! Why are you guys up so early?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.


 

 

"We woke up early. Hey, look at those two sand castles and tell us which is better." I pointed at the castloes which were standing behind Doojoon. He turned around and observed the two.

 


 

"Ah! This one." he pointed the one on the left side which is MINE! YESS! I quickly hid my smile.

 


 

"Oh, okay! Thanks Doojoon!" I said and he laid beside me. I think he's still sleepy.


 

 

Yoseob came out at the same time with Jieun. I saw him getting stiff but Jieun just smiled. They both came towards us and we made them choose between the two. They both chose Minjun's. UWAAA! I can't lose! I'm hungry! Junhyung is my only chance to survive! After some time, Junhyung finally came out and came over to where we are. I was still shy because of what he did yesterday but I can't lose.


 

 

"Uhm, please choose the castle you think is better." I said quickly. He stared at me and then looked back to the castles. He observed carefully and then he chose, "This one."


 

 

HE CHOSE MINJUN'S! UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! NO FRIGGIN' WAY!

 

 

- - - - - 

 

 

And so I ended up losing. Nobody knew our deal because I don't want them to know that I lose. The six of us are now in the dining hall for our breakfast. I sat beside Jieun and Minjun.


 

 

I stared at my plate and I can't help but feel sad. The food looks delicious! Two pancakes, one egg and sausage, two pieces of toasts and hot chocolate drink. I have to give half to Minjun because of that stupid game. WHO THE HELL SUGGESTED IT? TSK!

 

All of them started eating and I began slicing the egg and the sausage in half. I placed them on Minjun's plate earning a "thank you" and a smile from him. Then I ate the other half. I placed one toast and ate the other. I was not willing to give the pancake because I love pancakes so much. But I never break deals. I was about to place the pancake on Minjun's plate but he stopped me.


 

 

"That's okay. You eat it. I'm full." he said and smiled at me. I guess he knew I like pancakes.


 

 

"Thanks!" I said cheerfully as I munched the pancake happily.


 

 

"Hey! What's up with you two? You suddenly look close." Doojoon asked out of nowhere.


 

 

"Ha! Yes we are close! Minjun is so fun to be with." I answered eagerly. I really like Minjun.


 

 

"He is that fun to be with that you give half of your food to him?" Junhyung suddenly spoke, sounding a bit cold.


 

 

"Uhmm, well, its not that---" I wasn't able to finish my sentence when Junhyung stood up and left.


 

 

"What was that? Is he angry?" I asked but noone answered.

 

 

- - - - - - 

 

 

"Okay students, this will be the first activity for our retreat. Its a fun activity because we will be playing a game. This will be played by group of 8 people. Each member needs to swim out there and you see those flags there floating on the sea, you need to get one and swim back here. You need to get all eight flags in order to win. You are free to choose your members." Mr. Choi announced.


 

 

Of course I'm in the same group with Yoseob, Jieun, Doojoon, Junhyung and Minjun. The other two members were Hyoyeon and Yuri. There were about 6 groups that are participating. After getting everything ready, we are now about to start the game.


 

 

"Okay, everyone, we will now start. On your mark, Get set, GO!" Mr. Choi shouted and the first runners quickly ran to the see and swan as fast as they could.


 

 

Our first runner is Doojoon. I can't believe he swims well. He swam so fast he's like a Jetski. He was the first one to get the flag and he got back to the shore. Yoseob quickly ran and swam. Then Jieun was next and then Minjun came after and then Hyoyeon and Yuri took their turn. I was next. I ran as fast as I could and swam quickly. I love beaches and I love the sea so I can swim well. I got the flag and quickly returned to the shore. Junhyung was our last member to swim. Our lead is so huge, he could actually sleep first. Junhyung walked towards the sea and I can see that he was hesitating to go farther.


 

 

He slowly walked into the water and then swam. He was slowly getting to where the flag was. He grabbed the last flag and slowly swam back but suddenly we saw him struggling. HE WAS DROWNING!

 


 

"OH MY GOD! YONG JUNHYUNG IS DROWNING!" I heard someone say.


 

 

All of us panicked. I quickly run to the water and swam as fast as I could to where Junhyung was. I grabbed his hand and then wrapped my arms around him. Doojoon was also there and we both dragged Junhyung to the shore. Everyone gathered around Junhyung. He was unconcious.


 

 

"Help him! HELP HIM!" I told Doojoon. He quickly performed CPR. Pumping his hand on Junhyung chest and then breathing air in through his lips while holding his nose. After three repeated attempts, Junhyung finally coughed all the water out and became concious.


 


"Junhyung! Thank God you're alive." Yoseob said helping Junhyung sit up. Junhyung brushed off Yoseob's hand and struggled to stand up. Doojoon tried to assist him but he refused and without a word, he walked away.