Link & Love : 18 "Hide & Seek"

Link & Love

MIYA'S NOTE: Hello. Sorry for taking up so long in updating. But I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. I hope its long and fun enough for you to be happy. Anyways, I've changed the name of Minjun's brother from Minho to Minhyuk. That's all. NYA!

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

After the incident involving Junhyung, the teachers said it would be best to let Junhyung rest first. The activities for the day were carried out without him. After all the fun games, we, Yoseob and the others, decided to visit Junhyung. We came to their room and saw him laying down on the bed. We went in and took our seats.

 

"Junhyung-ah, are you okay now?" Yoseob spoke first.

 

 

"Yes. You don't have to worry. You may now leave." he said coldly, not even turning to face us.

 

 

"I'm sorry. We shouldn't have let you swim like that----"

 

 

"I said I'm fine so you can leave now." Junhyung sat up and yelled at us, cutting off Doojoon's sentence.

 

 

I felt my blood rising as I see this. I stood up and walked towards him. "Hey you freaktard. Why are you shouting at us like that huh? We were all worried about you so we pay you a visit but you only yell at us?" I told him angrily.

 

 

"I already said I'm okay. What else do you want to hear? You want me to thank you for saving me? Fine. THANK YOU! Happy now?" he said sarcasticaly. WHY IS HE BEING A B*ASTARD?

 

 

"You know what, FINE! We're gonna leave you alone! You should go rot yourself in that corner you stupid piece of trash!" I bursted and walked out. I stomped my way outside and ran as fast as I can. I could feel anger and frustration mix up. I was so angry that my whole body was shaking. I went to our room and cried. 'HE IS SO FREAKIN' ANNOYING!" i shouted as I cry under the soft pillow.

 

 

- - - - - - - - -

 

The bright sunlight greeted my eyes as I walked out of our room the next morning. Jieun and I walked to the dining hall and saw Yoseob, Doojoon and Minjun eating. Junhyung was nowhere to be seen. Jieun sat between me and Yoseob and I sat beside Minjun.

 

 

I was still angry at Junhyung so I did not ask about him. Then Minjun whispered to me, "Yonghee, I think you should go find him."

 

 

"WHAT?!" I said silently, so that only Minjun can hear. 'Why would I?" 

 

 

"Well, after you walked out yesterday, everyone else also left. Junhyung was silent the whole night. He looked like he regretted acting like that. Well, maybe he was just ashamed." he explained.

 

 

"I don't care about that. Ashamed? About what? About drowning? What's to be ashamed about it? He should be ashamed of his attitude. Being rude and all that. He's such a B*stard!" I said angrily.

 

 

"I know but I think he's regretting all of that now. He looked so sad. I think I saw him crying last night." he said.

 

 

My eyes widened at the sudden information. HE CRIED? "That's impossible. He's a stone! He must've been cursing me last night for yelling at him. Well, I cursed  him too so we're just fair." I sad coldly. I really don't care. UGH! Suddenly, I don't want to eat anymore. "I'm done eating. I'll go outside for a walk." I said. I stood up and went out too take a walk by myself.

 

 

I walked along the shore and suddely, I saw a figure sitting down on the sand. As I walked closer, I finally recognized who it was. UGH. The freatard. I quickly turned around to avoid him but I heard his voice calling out. "Hey!" I wished I could just pretend not to hear but my feet just moved on its own and I turned around involuntarily.

 

 

"What now? Gonna yell at me like yesterday? Gonna tell me to leave? No need 'coz I'm leaving this instant." I snapped and started to walk a way.

 

 

"I'm sorry." I heard him say softly. I stopped on my tracks and turned towards him. I saw him hung his head low. Maybe he was truly sorry after all. I approached him and sat beside him. I waited for him to talk. "I'm sorry. I was just out of myself yesterday. I was shocked and ashamed. I didn't know how to face all of you." he explained, looking so regretful and sad.

 

 

I can't help but feel guilty. i shouted at him yesterday not knowing his feelings. I was just thinking of myself. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have acted like that. " I apologized.

 

 

He look at me and I can tell that he was scared. WHY?! "I can't swim. It's not that I don't know. I swim a lot when I was a kid. But now, I just can't swim." he confessed.

 

 

"Why?" I asked, I'm curious and worried at the same time. Why can't he swim when he knows how?

 

 

"Its--------"

 

 

"PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!" the sound of Mr. Choi's whistle rang through our ears. "Everyone, please gather around. We will be having our activity today." his voice was heard through the loud speakers.

 

 

DANG! Why must he intervene? TSK!

 

 

The students gathered around Mr. Choi, Mr.Kwon & Ms. Shin.  "Okay, so our activity for today is Hide & Seek. You will have to have a partner and hide. We, the teachers will be the one to find you. If your partner gets caught, it means you're also out of the game. Three pairs who will be the last ones to be caught will get a prize." Mr. Choi explained.

 

 

Cheers from the crowd erupted at the mention of the prize. Everyone took hold of their partners. I was about to look for Jieun but she and Yoseob were already partners! OH! Yoseob's not so shy anymore now. GOOD! But who'll be my partner then? Doojoon! I looked for him but he was already talking to Minjun for possible hideouts. OH MAN! Now what? I sighed then somone held my hand. I look up and see Junhyung.

 

 

"I guess I'll have to be your partner since they already have theirs." he said, still holding my hand. THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! What was that?!

 

 

"OKAY! We'll start counting to 20. 10! 9!" Mr. Choi started counting and everyone started running. Junhyung started to run and drag me with him. He was running really fast while holding my hand. THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

 

 

We arrived at the back of a vending machine but a pair was there. A pair was also at the comfort room. We ran around and stopped to hide at the back of a big stone statue. We sat beside each other and all I can hear are loud pants coming from our own mouths.

 

 

"Phew! That was tiring. You run so fast!" I said, slapping his shoulder. He look at me with a grin. Sweat running down his face. From his forehead down to his mascular cheeks and to his well-defined chin. OMG! Did I just stare at his sweat running down ily on his in' handsome face?! OMO! AND DID I JUST THINK ABOUT ALL THOSE THINGS?

 

 

I mentally slapped myself for all those nonsense thoughts. OH! I guess its the chance to ask him about why he can't swim now. I gathered the remaining energy in my body and turned to him. "Junhyung, earlier you said you can't swim now. Why?" I asked him.

 

 

He smiled but it was a sad and regretful kind of smile. "I.. I had a bad experience before.Noone knows about this. Not even Yoseob or Doojoon. It happened 7 years ago. My childhood friend, Sangeun, and I went out to play. We were young back then. We went to the sea near our house. I like swimming so I swam around the waters. I told him not to swim because he can't swim. But Sangeun was envious so he went into the water. I was swimming farther away frm the shore when I heard someone scream. I turned to see Sangeun drowning." he paused, his eyes were getting watery.

 

 

Then he continued "He was drowning and I was far away from him. I didn't know he would join me in. I quickly swam towards him but one of my legs got cramps. I was unable to swim. But I tried so hard to swim even if it hurts. I tried my best to get to him, to save him. But my leg betrayed me. I was getting tired and I was running out of breath and so I fainted. When I woke up, my parents told me that Sangeun did not make it. That he was dead. I did not believe it at first but when I saw his funeral, I knew then that he was really dead. His parents did not blame me though. The saw try hard to save their son. But I can't feel not guilty. I felt that I was the one who killed him. If I didn't swim far from him, if I just watched over him, that wouldn't happen." he finished, his voice was soft and full of regrets.

 

 

I saw his sad eyes and my body just did what it did. I hugged him tightly. He was surprised. I can tell because he tensed up when I hugged him. I myself am surprised of my actions. But I did not regret hugging him. Somehow I feel like I should do it. He was looking so guilty and sad. I feel the need to comfort him. I feel the need to make him feel a little bit better. I feel, I feel his arms going around me. He is hugging me back.

 

 

I did'nt know what to do so I just let him hug me. "Don't blame yourself. You tried your best to save him. I'm sure  Sangeun knew that. I know that he knows you're a good friend and that you love him so much. because you wouldn't try so hard if you don't love him." I said, trying to comfort him.

 

 

"Maybe that's one of the reasons why I become jealous over small things. I don't want to lose someone dear to me again so I tend to keep them for myself." he said, his hug was becoming tighter. WHAT THE! I KIND OF CAN'T BREATHE YOU KNOW! But still, I just let him hug me.

 

 

"So you're Mr. Jealous. Hahaha!" I teased.

 

 

"No, I'm not!" he argued. Breaking the hug. Why did he? WAIT. WHAT?!

 

 

"Yes you are Mr. Jealous." I laughed.

 

 

"No I am not." he denied again.

 

 

"YES YOU TWO ARE CAUGHT."

 

 

"No we are not." we both look up and saw Mr. Kwon smiling evilly at us.

 

 

"Oh, yes we are." we both surrendered.