Link & Love : 24 "Couple"

Link & Love

 


 


 

 

"Get your feet off my couch!" I yelled at Junhyung who was lying comfortably on my soft and comfy couch.

 

 

"Oh come on. My feet are not at all dirty and infectious!" he argued, not moving an inch.

 

 

I walked towards him, "So where do you want me to sit, huh? On the floor?" I asked angrily as I placed my hands on both sides of my waist and raised an eyebrow at him.

 

 

"Certainly. If you don't want, then you can lay on top of me." Junhyung said in a soft voice as if trying to seduce me.

 

 

"What the! You're being weird! Stop that and get your feet off of my couch or I'll kick your out of my house!" I snapped at him. He lazily moved his feet off and sat at the corner of the couch, giving some space for me to sit.

 

 

"There. Now sit." he said gently.

 

 

"What am I, your dog?" I replied back sarcastically.

 

 

"Come on, let's drop this argument. Just sit here." he patted the couch, telling me to just sit beside him. I obeyed. I sat beside him and  looked at the TV which was now showing a Music Video of Son Dam Bi's Queen.

 

 

Suddenly, Junhyung became focused on the screen. He was smiling and bobbing his head to the beat of the song. He looks like he's enjoying every minute of it.

 

 

"Junhyung." I called him but he did not listen. "Junhyung."  he still did not turn to look at me. "Yong Junhyung." I called him again, this time, more firm. But he still wouldn't look at me. My patience was beyond its limit so I stood up and stomped my way out of the house but Junhyung stopped me on my tracks.

 

 

"Sorry. I was just teasing you." he said, a wide smile appearing on his face.

 

 

It pissed me even more. "You think that was funny? You had fun making me angry?" I spat angrily.

 

 

"I said i'm sorry. Come on, don't be mad." he replied, looking a bit apologetic. Right when I was about to forgive him, he said something that made me angrier. "You were jealous aren't you?"

 

 

"Jealous? Me? Of who?" I asked, suprised.

 

 

"Son Dambi. You know, I like her a lot. She's pretty, y and has a good voice. Very talented." he said proudly. A grin formed on his lips.

 

 

"Why are you here then? Go to her, confess and get married. LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER! I DON'T GIVE A DAMN! GO MAKE BABIES AND I'LL BAPTIZE THEM FOR YOU FOR FREE!!!!" I bursted. I was really ticked off by the fact that he was praising another girl in front of me. I wasn't jealous that he likes her, I was pissed of because I felt inferior. Well some say I'm pretty, more of handsome actually, but I certainly know I'm not y and I don't have a good voice. Why the hell did he have to throw it in my face.

 

 

"Woah, you're really mad, aren't you?" he asked dumbly. ISN'T IT OBVIOUS YOU FREAKTARD!

 

 

"No I'm not. I'm actually very happy. Look I'm smiling." I smiled and glared at him at the same time. Clearly showing him how angry I was.

 

 

"Okay, okay. I'm really sorry this time. I'm sorry for pissing you off. I'm sorry." he apologized again. Now I don't feel like forgiving him. I look away, still frowning. Breathing heavily, I tried to calm myself down. Suddenly, a hand hugged me from behind and a chin rested on my shoulder. Then Junhyung whispered to my ear. "Do you know what I want to say to you right now?" he asked.

 

 

"I don't want to know." I snapped. I'm too angry to talk to him properly.

 

 

"I'm sure you do." he answered back. I did not respond. He moved closer to my ear and I can feel his hot breath on my neck. I felt millions of butterflies in my stomach as the hot air touch my neck. Then he whispered gently, "Sarang'Hee'."

 

 

All my anger were washed away but disgust made its way inside me. "What the heck was that?!" I yelled at him. He totally ruined the romatic mood with that lame line of his!

 

 

You see people, It has been a week since Junhyung and I got together. On that day that he returned from Jeju, we officially became a couple. So after my confession, this was what happened.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

"The truth is... I like you."

 

 

"Really?" he asked, not actually believing what I said.

 

 

"Yes." I answered. Then he came towards me and hugged me ever so tightly. 

 

 

So you think that was it? Just plain, old, boring getting together? NAH! Not really. After that, this was what happened.

 

 

Me and Junhyung went to an icecream shop and got our favorite icecream there to celebrate our first day as a couple. We were eating our icecream while walking down the street. Then I noticed his hand brushing at mine whenever our arms sway. I was getting a hint that he wants to hold my hand. I suddenly felt hot and my cheeks became warm even though I was eating icecream. I actually want to hold his hand too, so I moved closer to him and purposely brushed my hand against him. We both turned at each other at the touch of our hands and we both look away immediately. I was embarrased. But then I felt a strong but gentle hand slowly holding mine. I look at our hands as Junhyung intertwined our fingers. It felt right! Our hands fit perfectly with each other. We stared at each other again. He gave me a warm smile and I returned him a smile of my own. After that, we continued walking.

 

 

Out of nowhere, Junhyung spoke, "You know what you make me feel?" he asked.

 

 

I suddenly became curious and so I asked, "What?"

 

 

 

"Neon nal haengbokhage 'Hee' ." he answered.

("Neon nal haengbokhage 'HAE' means 'you make me happy'. Junhyung made a wordplay and made 'hae' into 'hee' which was part of Yonghee's name.)

 

 

"What the heck?!" 

 

 

End of flashback

 

 

- - - - - - - - 

 

 

So that is how it all started. His infamous corny lines. I don't know where he got all those Ideas but one thing is for sure. I AM DEFINITELY NOT BUYING ALL THOSE CRAP THAT HE SAYS. They are so lame and dumb. Just like him. But it actually does make me a little bit less angry at him. But its still disgusting to hear.

 

 

So that's how we are as a couple as of now. It has been a week and I felt that days have gone by so fast. But as those days passed, I've come to realize some things about the two of us. We may fight and argue about little things very often but I'm certain that we really care for each other, that we really like each other. And for me, that's the most important thing in our relationship at the present.

 

 

 

PS. No matter how lame he is, I still like him.