Link & Love : 20 "Awkward"

Link & Love

 

 
 
 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

It has been a week since that confession. I don't know what's wrong with me but I kept ignoring Junhyung. I don't speak to him and I always avoid any eye contact with him. I try hard not to pay attention to him when we are all eating together. Maybe I'm too shy? I don't know! I don't know what to say. I always feel nervous when he's around! DANG! Why does he have to say those words! Now I'm becoming paranoid!

 

 

"Hey Yonghee! You've been staring into space since forever! What are you thinking?" Jieun nudged me. The two of us are eating our lunch alone today. I have decided not to join Yoseob and the others so I could avoid Junhyung.

 

 

"I was just, uhmm, nothing." I lied. I haven't told anyone about the confession. In fact, I am still not sure if Junhyung really likes me or if he was just joking around. I'd better keep this a secret until I proved that he was telling the truth.

 

 

- - - - - - - - -

 

 

Classes have ended. I got out of school alone because Jieun had to do something. I walked passed the gate when someone called me.

 

 

"Yonghee! Wait!" the voice said. I turned and saw Yoseob waving at me. Beside him was Junhyung. OH GOD! WHY MUST THIS HAPPEN?

 

 

Yoseob and Junhyung approached me. Yoseob was smiling at me and Junhyung had his poker face on. I looked at him but I quickly looked away when his eyes met mine.

 

 

"What is it?" I asked Yoseob.

 

 

"Well, since we're all going home, why don't we walk together." Yoseob suggested. Junhyung just shrugged and so I guess I didn't have the choice to refuse.

 

 

The three of us walked in silence. Yoseob was standing in the middle while me and Junhyung were on both sides. Yoseob was walking cheerfully while I kept my eyes focused on the road ahead. I feel really awkward.

 

 

~ meow! meow! meow! meow! ~

 

 

I turned my head to the sudden sound. A cat? Where? I tried to find the cat but then suddenly Yoseob took out his phone. "That was your phone?" I asked. He smiled and then answered it.

 

 

"Hello? Umma! Why did you call?" he paused and then he talked again. "Okay. I understand. I'll be there in no time. See you later Umma." he said and ended the call. He turned to us and said, "Sorry guys, I need to go to the grocery. My mom wanted me to help her. I'll go ahead." He said and turned to the other way, waving goodbye.

 

 

Junhyung and I were left there. One thing to describe the mood : AWKWARD! I don't like this feeling at all. I turned to him and our eyes met. Why do I feel nervous and embarrased? UGH!

 

 

"Uhh, I should get going." I announced as I started to walk.

 

 

"I'll take you home." He said, I heard footsteps behind me.

 

 

"You don't have to. I'm fine. I can go by myself." I refused, walking a bit faster.

 

 

"I don't mind. I'll walk you home." he insisted and so I let him.

 

 

We walked side by side until we reached my house. No words were spoken through that 10-minute walk. I turned to him and thanked him. I was about to walk inside the gates but then suddenly, my feet turned around by itself and my lips just blurted out things I didn't want to say.

 

 

"You said you like me. Were you serious that time?" I suddenly asked out of nowhere. I punched my face in my mind.

 

 

Junhyung's eyes were focused on me. I can tell he was a bit surprised but at the same time, he was expecting that to come. "Yes." he confirmed.

 

 

My eyes almost jumped out of their sockets when I heard his answer. "SO YOU REALLY LIKE ME?" I asked again.

 

 

He smirked, "Yes".

 

 

OHMYGOODNESS! What should I do?! SOMEONE JUST TOLD ME HE LIKES ME? WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO?!! HELP ME!

 

 

I was so nervous that I blurted out something again. This time, I really did not mean it. "But I don't like you. Don't come near me again. Sorry." my stupid mouth said. My feet, being more stupid, started to walk away, leaving Junhyung there.

 

 

I rushed inside my house and ran upstairs. I jumped to my bed and then I mentally slapped my face. I kicked the air and punched my pillow. "WHAT THE HELL DID I SAY?!"

 

 

- - - - - - - -

 

 

I walked passed the gates of my school praying that I don't see Junhyung for the rest of my life. I don't want to face him right now. I'm so embarrased and I'm scared. I hasten up my pace looking around to see any signs of Junhyung. Suddenly I bumped into someone. I looked up to see him. GREAT YONGHEE! GREAT! BRILLIANT WAY OF AVOIDING SOMEONE.

 

 

Junhyung looked at me and he was wearing that poker face again. He paused for a moment but then he started walking again. I was left there dumbfounded. HE JUST LEFT ME.

 

 

Lunch break came. Jieun begged me to join Yoseob and the others for lunch and so I gave in. I was nervous at first but then Junhyung was nowhere to be found. He didn't have lunch that day. I didn't bother asking Yoseob or Doojoon or Dongwoon because they might think I care about Junghyung. I DON'T CARE ABOUT HIM AT ALL!