Chapter 7

I need you.

For a long time, Seunghyun and Jiyong were sitting on Tabi’s bed, holding each other tight.
Then, the front door was to be heard; it was opened and closed again. The voices of the other members rang to the ears of the young men.
“Tabi…”, GD said softly. “Let’s go, tell the others.”
But suddenly, TOP stiffened. “No. I don’t want them to know.”, he said, starting to shiver again.
“I don’t want them to treat me like I could be dead every second. Ji. I don’t want…”
But Jiyong looked deeply into his hyung’s eyes. “No, Tabi. Please. You have to tell them.” He caressed the upper arms of the taller. “It would be better if they knew. Believe me, Hyunnie.” The leader smiled softly. “Please. I beg you. Don’t… lie to them.”
Seunghyun deeply sighed. He couldn’t resist the concerned eyes of his best friend.
“Okay… But… Don’t leave me alone with them, okay?”, he whispered. Jiyong nodded and stood up. He took Seunghyun’s hands and pulled him off the bed.
“Come.”, he said, intertwined their fingers. TOP swallowed hard and followed his leader to the door.
Both of them walked into the living room, where Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri sat on the couch, chatting about a bar they had been this evening.

“Guys…”, GD said with a quiet voice, holding Seunghyun’s hand very tight in his. “Tabi… Seunghyun has something to tell you. It’s… a very serious matter.”
Instantly, the three members looked at him. Seunghyun sat down at their living room table, next to Jiyong, still holding his hand.
“Guys, I… I…”, he stuttered faintly, fighting against the tears that pricked in the corners of his eyes.
With great concern, Daesung, Taeyang and Seungri looked at him, silently.
“I have cancer.”, Seunghyun then spat out, narrowing his eyes.
There was silence for a few seconds.
“…what?”, Daesung suddenly asked. “Cancer?” His voice began to shake. “Y-you have cancer, Seunghyun hyung?”
Without looking at the younger, TOP nodded.
“He.. he has a tumor in his brain. It’s very serious.”, GD said, tears shimmering in his eyes. He tightly squeezed Seunghyuns hand, who was crying now.
It was Seungri who said something first. “What… what does it mean?”, he asked. “W-what will happen now?”
Jiyong looked at him. “He’s going to be operated. But… the doctors said he could die during… the operation.”
Faintly, Daesung sobbed. He stood up and walked over to Seunghyun, hugged him. He did not say one single word; the young singer just held the older tight, cried together with him. Soon, all the other members also hugged Tabi. He sniveled loudly.
“I love you guys.”, the tall rapper sobbed.
“We love you too, Seunghyun.”, Taeyang said mildly, caressing TOP’s back.  
“We all love you so much.”

After crying together for  a long time and talking with s about his fears and hopes, Seunghyun felt relieved. He noticed that none of them treated him otherwise. They gave him hope, gave him strength. All of them were sure that he’d make it. That he’d be healthy again soon. And that made Seunghyun feel so much better. He even smiled, when Daesung hugged him tightly once again, telling him how much he loved his older brother TOP.
It was close to midnight, when Tabi began to yawn.
“Are you tired, Hyunnie?”, Jiyong asked, still holding the hand of his best friend.
TOP nodded. “Yeah. I think… I need some sleep.”
“Do you want to sleep in my room tonight?”, the pink-haired suddenly asked. Seunghyun looked at him. “Well… I… I don’t know…”
“That’s a good idea.”, Taeyang said smiling. “I think it would be better if you wouldn’t be alone now, in this situation.”
Hesistating for a few seconds, Seunghyun looked at Jiyong. The tender smile of the younger made his heart skip a beat. “Okay. Thank you, Ji.”
Quietly, the members of Big Bang hugged each other. Then, everyone went to their rooms. Jiyong and Seunghyun walked over to the room of the leader. While Jiyong was in the bathroom to change, Seunghyun changed, too. He wore some pajamas and cuddled himself into Jiyong’s bed. But something was missing, so he stood up again and walked over to his own room. When Jiyong came back from the bathroom, he saw Tabi lying on his bed, holding his plush banana Nani in his arms.
The leader smiled and closed the door shut.
Then, he joined Seunghyun on the bed, slipped under the blanket.
He was a bit surprised when Tabi suddenly put his arms around him and snuggled himself up to the younger. “Thank you, Ji.”, he whispered. “I… I feel better now. It was a good decision to tell them.”
G-Dragon smiled again. “Yes, it really was, Tabi.” He softly kissed the forehead of the older. “I’m glad you feel at least a bit better. And now, I think you should try to sleep.”
Seunghyun nodded and returned the kiss on Ji’s forehead.
“Good night, Jiyong.”
“Good night, Hyunnie.”
Seunghyun closed his eyes and buried his face in Jiyong’s neck. The younger tenderly caressed his nape and continued to do so when he heard the silent breathing of his friend.
For the first time since his diagnosis, Seunghyun could sleep calm and peacefully, in the arms of Jiyong.