Chapter 13

I need you.

Questioning,  Tabi looked at Daesung.
“Why can’t you be with him, Daesungie? What’s the matter?”
Daesung seemed to seek for the right words to impress his inner conflict.
“It… it’s dangerous.”
That made TOP raise his eyebrows. “Dangerous? What?”, he asked puzzled. Daesung looked at the older, desperation in his eyes.
“What if… what if the media finds out? What if… somebody finds out?”, he said quietly. “I… I can’t stand another scandal. I can’t stand being insulted again. And I couldn’t stand Big Bang breaking up because of such a scandal.”
The young singer took a deep breath.
“But most of all… Most of all…”
TOP nodded encouraging. “What, most of all?”, he asked, gently rubbing the back of his younger friend. Daesung sighed.
“Most of all, I don’t want Seungri to suffer like I had to. After my accident.”, he said. “It is… awful to be hated. It is awful to be insulted. I… I started to think I am the most terrible person on earth everytime someone insulted me.” With teary eyes, Daesung looked up to Seunghyun.
“I don’t want him to be hurt. I want him to be happy. And that’s why I can’t be with him. Because if someone finds out, he will be insulted. And I don’t want that, Seunghyun.” The blonde singer was crying again. “I couldn’t stand seeing him broken because he loves me…”

Seunhyun smiled softly and hugged Daesung. “Don’t you think he would like to decide himself whether to take this risk or not?”, he asked. “I can really understand what you feel. And it’s very noble. It shows how much you care for our maknae.” He looked at Daesung, rubbing his upper arms gently. “But do you really think you could live on without being close to him? Without… loving him?”
That made Daesung cry again. He buried his face in his hands and sobbed heart rendingly.
“I don’t know, TOP hyung…”, he cried. “I don’t know…”
Seunghyun wiped some tears off Daesung’s cheeks. “Let’s talk to him. That’s the only way to find a solution to this situation. Okay?”
For a few seconds, Daesung thought about that. Then, he finally nodded.
“Okay…”

“Come. We’re going to Seungri right now.” Tabi took Daesung’s hand and dragged him out of the room. They walked over to the maknae’s room and knocked. GD’s voice said a faint “Come in” and Seunghyun opened the door. Jiyong and Seungri were sitting on the youngest’s bed. They looked up to the two men who entered the room in unison. Seungri’s eyes were red and a bit swollen, it looked like he had been crying. Daesung stiffed a little. It hurt him to see his lover like that.
“Hey…” GD smiled softly at Tabi who replied that smile.
“Hey.” Tabi and Daesung took two chairs and sat down towards Ji and the young Seunghyun.

“Well… I think you two have to talk about your relationship.”, Tabi said softly. Seungri nodded. He looked at Daesung, who tried to avoid his gaze.
“Daesung…”, the maknae said faintly, making Daesung look up carefully.
“What… what am I to you?”
Swallowing hard, Daesung looked down to his lap and his hands again.
“Please tell me…”, Seungri started again. “Do you have feelings for me? Or am I just… am I just good enough for ?”
With shock widened eyes, Daesung shook his head. “No! No, of course not!”, he spat out. Seungri crossed his arms on his chest. “Then please tell me, Daesung. I need to know our situation.”
Daesung looked up to Tabi, who nodded encouraging. “Tell him, Dae. Tell him.”
With a deep breath, Daesung finally confessed.
“I love you, Seunghyun.”, he said shyly, looking up to Seungri. Said one started to smile happily and his expression became very soft.
“I love you, too, Daesung.”
But suddenly, Daesung started to cry again.
“But… But…”, he said. Seungri wrinkled his eyebrows.
“What ‘but’?”

With help seeking eyes, Daesungs gaze wandered over to G-Dragon. The leader smiled at him. “What is the matter?”, the pink-haired asked.
“I am scared.”, Daesung said. “I am afraid that… somebody could find out about us. That the media could find out.”
Seungri shook his head. “Why should they find out? Of course we’ll be careful.”
Nervously, Daesung rubbed his thigh and small tears dripped down his beautiful face. “I’m sorry…”, he said with choked voice. TOP caressed his head. “Shall I speak for you?”, he asked. “I could explain it to them if it is too hard for you right now, Daesungie.” Daesung just nodded.
Tabi looked at Seungri. “See, Seunghyun…”, he started.
“Daesung is afraid of being insulted by the fans and the media again. Just like after his accident in 2011.”, he told the youngest, who nodded slowly. “And he wants to protect you from suffering like he did a year ago. He doesn’t want you to be insulted.”
Seungri looked at Daesung.
“That means… you want to be with me, but you are afraid that both of us could suffer from a scandal caused by our relationship?”
Instantly, Daesung nodded, sniveling quietly.
Suddenly, Seungri stood up. He walked over to Daesung and wrapped his arms around him, burying his face in the blonde hair of the older.
“You are so amazing.”, he said softly. “You’re so sad and all you can think of is my well-being.”
Tenderly, Seungris hands caressed Daesung’s back.
“But you know… without you, I couldn’t be happy.”

When the maknae said this, Daesung looked up to him with a tear-stained face.
“I want to be with you. Because I love you, Daesung.”, Seungri continued. “I really appreciate that you want to protect me. But I want to take that risk. I want to be at your side.” The maknae sank down on his knees and took Daesung’s hands in his own.
“And… even if somebody found out, what I don’t think will happen…”, he said, wiping away Daesung’s tears softly, “…I won’t break down. I promise. I will be strong enough to stand for our relationship. Because I love you.” He smiled an adorable smile. “You know… I’m strong, baby.”

That made Daesung smile, too. “I love you.”, he whispered. “You are so strong. I wish I could be as strong as you.” Seungri kissed the back of Daesung’s hand. “I will be strong enough for both of us, okay? I promise I’ll protect you from everything that makes you cry, my angel.”
Blushing because of that nickname, Daesung nodded and wrapped his arms around Seungri’s shoulders. “Okay. I trust you. Please… protect me. And love me.”
Happily, Seungri tightened their hug. “I will. I promise.”