Chapter 5

I need you.

“Seunghyun! Seunghyun! Can you hear me?”
When TOP opened his eyes again, he saw Jiyong. The leader knelt beside him, holding the taller rapper in his arms. “Oh, thank god, you’re awake.”, GD said, full of relief. Then, he hugged Seunghyun tightly. “I was so scared.”
Confused, TOP blinked. “Ji? What happened?”
“You suddenly fainted, hyung.”, Seungris voice was to be heard. “You kept on practicing this dance move and passed out.”
Seungris eyes were full of tears when he knelt down next to TOP. “You’re pushing yourself too far, hyung. Please, get some rest.” It touched Seunghyun to see the Maknae this worried. He put his arms around Seungri and hugged him. “I’m okay. Don’t worry. I’m just a little tired.”
“No. You are not okay.”, GD said suddenly. TOP looked at him. “I want you to go to a doctor, Seunghyun. It’s not normal to pass out like this.” The oldest swallowed, but nodded then. “Yeah. I think you’re right, Ji. I’ll go and see my doctor right after our practice is finished.”
But GD shake his head. “No, no, Hyunnie.”, he said. “I want you to go now. In this condition, you can’t continue the practice.” The leader softly caressed TOP’s head. “Go see your doc. And then go to our dorm and sleep, so you will be fine again, okay?”
Suddenly, Seunghyun teared up. “I’m sorry.”, he said, trying not to sob. He did not want the others to know about his cancer. Jiyong, a bit surprised by Tabis sudden tears, hugged him again, even tighter than before. “Hey… It’s okay. Don’t worry. There’s still plenty of time until the tour’s starting. Just relax a little. It’s totally fine, we all want you to be fine.” The other members nodded and Seunghyun quietly snivelled. “Thank you…”
Smiling, Jiyong helped TOP to stand on his feet again. “Come. I’ll give you a ride to the hospital, okay?”
Seunghyun nodded and supported by Jiyong, both of them left the practice room. The tall rapper still felt kind of dizzy and was glad that his best friend helped him to get to the car.

“I’m really worried about you, hyung.”, GD said while he was driving to the hospital. Seunghyun swallowed hard. “I know. I’m really sorry. I don’t want you to worry about me.” GD snorted. “Of course I worry about you! And that’s nothing bad, you know?” He looked at Seunghyun and his expression softened when he saw the sad look on Tabi’s face. “I’m really sorry…”, the older whispered. A few seconds after, they parked on the parking lot of the hospital. Jiyong switched off the engine of the car, unfastened his seatbelt and hugged Seunghyun again. “We love you, Hyunnie. We are your family. It’s totally normal that we’re worried about you, okay? Please don’t stress yourself. Rest a bit and everything will be fine.” Big Bang’s leader held his friend tight and caressed his back. Seunghyun felt like tearing up again.
“Jiyong, I…”, he started, but stopped.
“What is it, Hyunnie?”, the pink-haired whispered. “If there’s something bothering you… no matter what it is, you can always tell me.”
“I… I just wanted to say thank you again. I will rest and be healthy again soon, I promise.”, the taller said, squeezing Jiyong to his chest.
GD looked in TOP’s dark eyes with concern. “That’s all? Are you sure there isn’t something that is bothering you, Hyunnie?” Seunghyun forced a smile and nodded. “Yeah. Don’t worry.” He suddenly bent forward and kissed Jiyong’s forehead. “Thank you, Ji. For everything.”
With red cheeks, the latter returned the smile. “You are welcome.”
For a small while, both of them just smiled at each other. Then, Seunghyun cleared his throat.
“Well… I should be going to see my doc, I think.”
“Okay, hyung. Call me when you’re done, okay? Tell me what the doctor said.”
Tabi nodded and ruffled Jiyong’s hair. He loved the hair of the younger, it was so soft.
“Yeah, sure. See you later, Ji.”
Seunghyun left the car and waved goodbye at Jiyong. When the vehicle wasn’t to be seen anymore, he let out a deep sigh and turned around to enter the hospital he started hating so much.

About two hours later, the test-results came in to the doctors bureau, where Seunghyun was waiting.
“Well, Choi Seunghyun-ssi…”,  the doctor said, taking his seat behind his desk. “I’m afraid that those test results aren’t good news. The tumor has been growing over the last days. I think that caused your headaches and the fainting today.”
Seunghyun, kneading his hands nervously, swallowed hard. “W-what does that mean?”, he almost whispered.
“Well…”, the doctor looked at him with pity. “We have to examine the growth for a few more days. But I think an operation will be necessary.” TOP nodded. “That means… I have to stay here, in hospital now?” But the doctor shook his head.
“No. I want to examine this, for at least a few more days, so you can head home. But be sure to rest. No physical exertion! And come by every day so we can make more tests.”
“Okay.” Seunghyun stood up, shaking the hand of the doctor. “Thank you, doctor.”
The man smiled and patted the shoulder of the young rapper. “Don’t let your hope go down. You’re young, you’re strong, I’m sure you will defeat the cancer.”
With watering eyes, Seunghyun left the building.
He pulled out his cell phone and dialed Jiyong’s number.
“Tabi! Hey! How are you? What did your doctor say?”, the leader immediately said after picking up.
“I… I am fine.”, TOP said, trying to not letting his voice sound shaky. “The doc said I seemed to had a little faintness. I have to rest. No physical exertion the next few days.”, he repeated the words of his physician.
“Oh, yeah, that’s what I already guessed.”, Jiyong replied. “So, you’re excused for the next days. Please do like we said and rest, okay?”
Seunghyun started walking slowly along the street, watching out for a cab.
“Yeah… Ji… Would you mind if I’d stay at my mother’s tonight? I.. kind of wanna see her.”
The soft chuckle of his best friend made Seunghyun tear up immediately. “Of course not. That’s the best thing to do, I think. Your momma will take good care of you, Hyunnie. Tell her the best greetings, okay?”
With tears streaming down his face, Seunghyun nodded, although Jiyong couldn’t see it.
“Yeah, I will.”, the rapper said, voice sounding scratchy. “See you tomorrow, okay, Ji? Bye.”
Before Jiyong could respond, he hung up.