Chapter 6

I need you.

“Seunghyun!” Tabi’s mom hugged the tall rapper tightly. “Why didn’t you call, sweetheart, that you’re gonna come over? I would’ve made your favorite food!” Seunghyun smiled softly. “Thank you, momma. I just… wanted to see you. I feel… bad these days and I wanted to ask if it’s okay to stay at yours for one night?”
The woman smiled brighty. “Of course it’s okay, my beloved son. You are always welcome.”
“Thanks, mom.”, Tabi sighed and followed his mother into the house. The familiar atmosphere made him relax immediately.

That day, Seunghyun’s mum did her best to spoil her only son. He told her about his fainting and of course, she was really worried. The rapper did not have the heart to tell his mother about the cancer. It would have broken her caring little heart, so Seunghyun was silent. He enjoyed being with his mother for some relaxing hours and slept in his old children’s room.
The next few days, Seunghyun went to the hospital daily. The doctors told him that he definitely would have to be operated. But the tumor sat at a very dangerous place in his brain. Without going easy on him, the doctor told Seunghyun, that the operation could cause his death. But he had to do it; sooner or later the tumor definitely would kill him.
 At Big Bang’s dorm, he was in his room most of the time. His headaches became even more bad and he was touchy and whiny and tried to avoid his friends as often as he could. Also, he lost weight.
One day, Jiyong saw how thin Seunghyun had become. He told him that they had to talk, urgently.
And this time, Tabi couldn’t avoid the leader. He was serious. So, they met in Seunghyun’s room on a night where the others were out. Jiyong made sure they could talk without being disturbed.

“Seunghyun.”, he said, sitting on a chair towards Tabi, who sat on his bed.
“I want you to tell me what the is wrong with you.” The pink-haired leader was angry. He couldn’t understand why his best friend wasn’t telling him what was wrong.
“W-what do you mean, Ji? I don’t know what you’re talking about…”
Jiyong frowned. “Stop it! I know there is something bothering you, Seunghyun! You are my best friend for years, I’m not dumb, okay?”
The older winced because of GD’s angry voice. That made the younger sigh.
“See, Tabi… I’m worried. Really worried. You’re sad, you’re sick, you lost so much weight and you are avoiding us. Don’t tell me everything is fine, because it isn’t. I know that.” He looked straight into Seunghyun’s eyes. “Please, Seunghyun. Tell me. You can tell me everything, no matter what. I just want to help you. It’s… awful to see you suffering like that.”
The leader took one of Seunghyun’s large hands into both of his. “I’m here for you. You don’t have to suffer alone.”
Suddenly, tears of despair streamed down Seunghyun’s face. He hung his head and sobbed loudly.
“S-Seunghyun…”, GD said. He stood up and sat next to the taller, putting his arms around the shaking shoulders of his friend.
Tabi cried like he never cried before. Everything seemed to crash down on him in this moment, and he couldn’t take it anymore. He was broken. Jiyong rubbed his back lovingly, gave the rapper the time to cry as much as he needed to.
It took about ten minutes time until Seunghyun finally spoke up.
“I’m ill.”, he whispered.
Jiyong looked at him. “You’re ill…”, he repeated the words of the older. “How… how ill are you? Is it… severe?”
TOP looked up to Jiyong with red and swollen eyes. The emotions in those dark, beautiful orbs made Jiyong want to cry. Seunghyun was scared and desperate.
“Maybe I’ll have to die soon, Jiyong.”, he said very quietly, with a shaking voice.
GD’s eyes widened in shock. “…what?”, he asked, completely frightened. “Are you serious?”
Tabi just nodded. “Yeah. I… have a tumor in my brain. And it’s growing really fast.”, he told his friend. “That’s why… I have fainted. And that’s why I have those terrible headaches. And that’s why… I lost weight. My doc said, if I wouldn’t have an operation, I’d… be dead in five or six months.”
It was strange for Seunghyun that he could tell all those facts to Jiyong without breaking down again. But maybe he just had lost all of his strength.
“B-but…” Jiyong’s lips were shaking. “B-but you can be operated, can’t you? Please tell me there is still hope!” The leader clung to Tabi’s upper arms and looked at him with watering eyes. Seunghyun slightly nodded. “I… will be operated in a few days. But… it’s dangerous. I could die during that operation.” Now, tears fell down Jiyong’s cheeks, dropping on his lap. “The possibility for me to survive that operation is… 30 to 40 percent.”
Sobbing, Jiyong hugged Seunghyun, pressing his face against the shoulder of the older. Tenderly, TOP put his arms around the younger and caressed his back. Now, it was the latter to be comforted.
“I don’t want you to die!”, he cried in pain, shivering in the arms of his friend.
“I don’t want you to die!”
“I don’t want to die.”, Seunghyun said silently, now also crying again.
“I want to stay with you, Jiyong. I’m so scared…”
Both of them cried for a long time, holding on to each other. It was kind of relieving for Seunghyun. Now, he wasn’t alone anymore. Now, he had someone to hold on to.
Never before, Jiyong had hugged him this tightly. And it felt good. TOP clung to the younger and cried all the tears that had not been shed before.
After a few minutes, they calmed down a little.
Jiyong looked up to Seunghyun and softly the tears off his cheeks.
“I’m glad you told me.”, he said with a raspy voice. “Now I… understand.”
Slightly, Seunghyun nodded. “I… I’m sorry.”, he cried. “I’m so sorry for not telling you, Jiyong. It was not my intention to hurt you.” More tears streamed down the face of the tall rapper, which directly were wiped away by GD.
“It’s okay. It’s okay. Please don’t worry. Now I know. And now I’m with you, Seunghyun. You will make it. I’m by your side. You are not alone anymore.”
Sobbing, Seunghyun nodded again.
“Thank you, Ji… I… I need you so much…”