Chapter 3

I need you.

“Jiiii! Look at this! Isn’t it cute?”
“Well… no. Not really. I don’t think this looks cute, hyung.”
“How can you say that? It looks totally cute!”
“Hahaha, why don’t you buy it then, hm?”
“Of course I’ll buy it! Because it’s cute!”
Seunghyun laughed a dark and kind laughter and walked towards the cash register, loaded up with some Bearbricks. Jiyong followed him and couldn’t help but snicker when the salesgirl looked kinda confused. This tall, handsome man was buying so much toys, it was an unfamiliar view.
“Thank you very much for your visit.”, the saleswoman said after Tabi paid the bears. He smiled charmingly at her. “Thank you, Miss. Have a nice day~” He winked, the salesgirl blushed and both Seunghyun and Jiyong left the Bearbricks store.
“She liked you.”, Jiyong mumbled quietly while Tabi put the Bearbricks into his beloved backpack.
“Hm? What?”, he asked. GD looked at him. “She blushed when you talked to her. She liked you!”
TOP laughed. “Ji, she’s a salesgirl. She has to be charming and nice so that the costumer will come back and buy even more of their stuff.”
“No. She did not even look once at me. She only had eyes for you, hyung.”, the younger pouted. Tabi grinned and poked Jiyongs cheek. “Are you jealous, little dragon?”, he teased. GD pouted even more and crossed his arms. “Of course not.”, he mumbled. “Come on, let’s go and get some ice cream.”
So they dropped the salesgirl-topic and went to an ice cream parlour. Jiyong did not want Seunghyun to know that he really WAS jealous. But not because the salesgirl did not look at him – it was because Seunghyun had been smiling so charmingly at her. GD wanted Tabi to smile only at him like this. He wanted to be the one in Seunghyun’s heart. But of course he couldn’t tell his best friend.

“What do you want?”, Tabi asked, eyeing all over the numerous sorts of ice cream.
“Strawberry.”, Jiyong said. “It matches perfectly with my outfit!”
“Wait a minute.” Seunghyun looked at GD. “Are you seriously telling me that you are choosing your sort matching to your outfit?”
Jiyong laughed loudly. “Well, yes.” He grinned. “Don’t forget – I am a fashionista! Everything has to be perfect!” The leader winked at Seunghyun, who chuckled lightly, making the younger blush with the sentence he then said.  
“You’re cute.”
“I-I’m not cute!”, Jiyong stuttered suddenly, cheeks all red.
“Of course you are.” Seunghyun’s voice sounded amused. He ordered the ice cream and gave the cone with the pink strawberry-flavored cream to Jiyong. He himself had ordered that blue ice cream that looked like the color in which his hair had been dyed a while ago.
“I like that color.”, Jiyong grinned. Seunghyun grinned in return. “Yeah,  I like it too.”
In silence, both of them ate their ice cream, walking along an avenue.
“It’s nice.”, Tabi said after eating the rest of his ice cream cone.
Jiyong nodded. “Yeah…”, he said, completely lost in thought.
“Hey, Ji…”
“Hm?”
“Have you ever… thought about… death?”
“Death?”
Seunghyun nodded. “About dying.”
“Well… Not really. I mean… I’m really young. Why should I think about dying, hm?”, Jiyong asked, smiling softly at his hyung.
Tabi just nodded. “Yeah, that… is kinda needless, I think…”, he mumbled.
“Yes! It is! We’re young, we’re healthy, we don’t have to think about death.” Jiyong patted Seunghyun’s shoulder. “Just enjoy your life, okay?”
For a short while, TOP kept silent. Then, he nodded. “Okay. You are right.”, he said. Smiling, he put his hands into the pockets of his Jeans.

“Do you want to watch a movie? I haven’t been to the cinema for… years.”, Seunghyun said while they were walking back the avenue. “Oh yeah! I’d love to go to the cinema. There’s this new action movie starting tonight! You wanna go watch?”, Jiyong grinned. TOP nodded.
“Let’s go.”
Wearing hats and sunglasses, they bought tickets for the movie.
“This is exciting.”, Jiyong giggled a few minutes after. They stood in the line for entering the cinema hall, whispering like high school girls.
“Yeah. I hope nobody will recognize us.”, Seunghyun answered, grinning widely. Soon, they walked into the hall and took their seats in the top row of the cinema. Gladly, nobody had the seats next to the musicians, so they were almost alone in their row.
“This is almost like a date, you know?”, Tabi laughed, eating some of the popcorn they bought.
At this comment, Jiyongs eyes widened. “What?”, he spat, what made Seunghyun laugh even more.
“Hey, that was a joke, okay?”, he said, ruffling Jiyong’s hair. “No need to panic, Ji.”
“Hahaha, you’re sooo funny, hyung.”, Jiyong then said sarcastically.
“I know.”, the grinning TOP said. He almost had eaten half of his popcorn before the movie even started.

“If you ask me, the movie was pretty lame.” Two hours later, the young men left the cinema. Miraculously, nobody recognized them and they walked over to the parking lot to pick up Jiyongs car.
“Yup.”, the pink-haired leader agreed. “I was kind of disappointed. But being in the cinema after such a long time was nice.” Seunghyun nodded and sat next to Jiyong on the front passenger seat. The way to their dorm, they drove in silence. It wasn’t an awkward silence, it was comfortable and Seunghyun kinda enjoyed it. He enjoyed every second being with Jiyong so much that his disease and his fears were far away. At least for a short while.
When Jiyong and Seunghyun entered their dorm, the other guys were in their rooms. Both of them took off their shoes and jackets, when Seunghyun looked softly at the leader.
“Thank you for this great day. I really could get away from it all for a while.”
His heart skipped a beat, when Jiyong suddenly beamed at him happily.
“I’m glad you feel better, Hyunnie.”, the younger said. “I really was worried about you.”
This caused tears to prickle in Seunghyun’s eyes and he quickly pulled Jiyong into a tight hug.
“Thank you for caring so much about me, Jiyong.”
When he felt Jiyong returning the hug, he swallowed hard. Don’t cry, Seunghyun, he told himself. Don’t cry.
But what GD said next made TOP cry tears of emotion.
“Of course I care about you, Seunghyun. I don’t ever want to lose you. You are so precious to me.”