Chapter Nine - "Morning Munchies!"

What To Expect When You're Not Expecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​«Chapter nine»

"Morning Munchies!"

 

 

The smell of burnt grub radiated through the whole kitchen. Taeyeon and Fany were standing on a stool, stealing the wooden spatula from each other and bickering about how cooked the pancake was.  Tiffany insisted that the insides were still liquidy and icky as she poked it with her dainty finger. Taeyeon, on the other hand, demanded that the not-so-sweet anymore pastry should be flipped since it's bottom was, well, black. Meanwhile, Yoona was on the floor with Hyoyeon, spreading what seems like strawberry jam on the now-tainted tiles. What a great way to start the morning, guys.

 

Yunho froze like a block of ice, his mouth gaping; opening and closing like a fish.

 

“Look, Appa! We’re finger painting!” they both exclaimed in duet with a smart voice.

 

“We were just about to finish making pancakes, Appa!” they all recognized Yunho as their dad.

 

And if the girls were plopped down on the ground, little Changmin was enjoying the view from above the table, a banana peel sitting on his head. He had stuffed himself with bananas and his hair was adorned with sticky Popsicle sticks. Seohyun was just there at the countertop across the boy’s, watching them with such interest and innocence. Her eyes roamed from corner to corner as she giggled lightly. Junsu had his face twisted in pain while he was all fours on the tiles as Yoochun stood on top of him, attempting to grab the cookie jar from the cupboard.

 

'​How does he even know that the cookie jar was kept on that cupboard?'

 

And Jaejoong, who was the oldest of all, managed himself to get wrapped in paper towels while he cleaned after Changmin’s mess.

 

It’s a good thing that Sooyoung wasn’t here or else…

 

“What are you kids doing?” Yunho spilled through his clenched teeth. It was freakin’ morning and this is what he gets after being woken up by the fury of Changmin’s feet? Such a shame.

 

They all froze at the man’s sudden infusion and started pointing fingers towards each other.

 

“It’s Jaejoong’s fault!” Junsu screamed out, pointing at the mummified boy squirming on the floor.

 

“No way! Changmin started this!” he replied back angrily as Yunho pulled him up from the ground.

 

"Hm? Changmin...Food...Eat!" babbled the baby as he poked his tongue out at his hyung.

 

 “Junsu-ah! Jaejoong is your hyung! Don’t address him informally! And would you mind telling me why on Earth is Yoochun standing on your back?”

 

As their interrogations occured, Yoochun tippy-toed on Junsu’s back and yes, he successfully got the cookies but then, he slipped and fell down with a loud thud. Hyoyeon and Yoona jumped out from their sitting position and Jaejoong looked at the boy with a shocked expression.

 

“Yoochun-ah!” Yunho rapidly cradled the five-year-old in his arms.

 

He then showered him with an ocean of questions frantically. From, “Does your head hurt?!” to, “Are you sure you didn’t break your toe?!”, Yunho displayed a very, very over-protective father figure that Yoochun found annoying and stupid. The man looked like a lost puppy as he inspected Yoochun's arms and legs and back and shoulders. What could you expect more? He just found out that he has 12 kids and managing even one of them wasn’t easy. He had to supervise them with great care. Oh, what would Yuri say if she finds out about this? She’d probably be mad at Yunho for not taking care of the others well. Or she might pull his hair too much that he’d become bald.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter