Chapter Two - "Cookies And Crap!"

What To Expect When You're Not Expecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​«Chapter two»

"Cookies And Cream Crap!"

 

 

Yuri placed the bags of food on their jade table as she tried to gather all of the girls in the dining room. It was pretty challenging to have all the kids in one place. Hyoyeon was still performing her Pororo dance, but this time, she was standing up on the couch. Sunny and Tiffany were singing ‘Three Little Bears’ to which little Seo responded to with a sincere smile and occasional claps.

 

Taeyeon was immensely absorbed in the storybook that she was reading to Yoona out loud. Jessica rolled on the carpet, her eyes entirely shut as she tried to seclude herself from the loud atmosphere. Indeed, she was still the Sleeping Beauty of SNSD, whether if she was the petite, young lady that she is currently now or if she was the tall goddess Yuri remembered.

 

Sooyoung tugged on Yuri’s shirt with a gloomy expression.

 

“Umma, Shikshin is hungry.”

 

She beamed a motherly smile as she took her tiny hand in hers and led her to the living room to where the others are goofing around.

 

“Attention!” Yuri raised her left hand and placed it above her eyebrows.

 

The girl beside her copied her salute pose and shouted deafeningly to capture the other’s interest.

 

Hyoyeon froze and Sunny and Tiffany came to a halt with their singing. Jessica sat up and Taeyeon and Yoona had their eyes peeking out from the book.

 

“Aren’t you girls hungry?” Yuri asked, eyeing on all of them.

 

They shook their heads, ignored the lady, and went back to what they were doing. Yuri was about to pull all of her hair out. The children were so stubborn and to tell you frankly, Yuri was also starving. And the headache from the five bottles of Soju that she had drunk hours ago added more fire to the fuel.

 

“YAAAAAAH!”

 

Yup, Yuri’s lost it.

 

The kids all had their faces turned to Yuri with alarmed and frightened appearances. This time, Hyoyeon went down the couch and Sunny and Fany held hands as they kept their mouths shut. Taeyeon dropped the book from her hands and Yoona embraced her unnie tightly. Jessica stood up and ran to Hyoyeon’s side, afraid with Yuri’s sudden wrath. Her voice echoed through the four walls of the room as she tried to catch her breath. Yuri then again stared at all of them and noticed that Seohyun was teary-eyed.

 

‘Oh, no…What did I do?’

 

A piercing bawl was heard from the maknae as her tears started to fall. Taeyeon rushed to the now-crying Seohyun and her back. Soon, the maknae was surrounded by all of the girls, attempting to comfort their startled dongsaeng.

 

“Now, now, Seo…” Sunny said with a very reassuring voice.

 

However, the little baby couldn’t control her emotions, and instead, sobbed harder. Yuri felt her heart break into pieces at the scene. She hated making people cry, especially people like Seohyun. She’s fragile and sensitive, and knowing that she’s just a couple of years old, it made her more delicate.

 

Yuri picked up the youngster and caressed her back soothingly. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter