Chapter Five - "The Girl Who Can't Break-Up And The Guy Who Can't Leave..."

What To Expect When You're Not Expecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

​«Chapter five»

"The Girl Who Can't Break-Up And The Guy Who Can't Leave..."

 

 

The girls were all settled in their beds: Taeyeon and Sooyoung shared one bed as Hyoyeon and Tiffany had the other one to themselves. Jessica, Yoona and Sunny got the bed on the corner of the room. It was the biggest one and it accommodated the three cozily. Seohyun, on the other hand, crawled into their Umma’s bed. Yuri didn’t want the others to be squishing the poor little one while they were sleeping coz she was as soft as a pillow. She told the maknae that she would be sleeping beside her.

 

There were nine beds in total but the girls were too scared to spend the night in just one bed coz a single bed could actually accommodate all of them. So they came up with a buddy system and each should have two members. Only Sica’s, Yoona’s, and Sunny’s buddy system had three since Seohyun will sleep in her Umma’s arms tonight.

 

“Hm…It’s quiet. Too quiet…” Yuri mumbled to herself as she came into the room, holding two trays.

 

One of them had the plate of cookies while the other one occupied with the glasses of warm milk. As she pushed the door with her bum, she was greeted by a peaceful atmosphere. The girls all sat upright, their prim and dainty hands resting on their laps as they all lent an ear to Jessica, who was now telling their all-time favorite story, ‘The Little Mermaid’.  The little one was just about to go to the part where Prince Eric invited Ariel for a day out but she came to a halt as soon as she saw Yuri.

 

“Umma!” squealed Hyoyeon in delight.

 

“Cookies!” Yeah, that was Sooyoung.

 

“Miwk!” Yoona said with her baby-talk.

 

She beamed her usual smile and placed the trays on the bedside drawer near Seohyun’s and her bed. Jessica dropped the book on her lap and returned Yuri’s smile with a grin that she found adorable and angelic. The Umma passed a cookie to Sooyoung but retrieved it immediately with a raised brow.

 

“What do you say when someone gives you something?” she asked with a high-pitched voice, the way a person speaks when he/she is interacting with a child.

 

Sooyoung thought for a while and the light bulb inside her head lit up.

 

“Oh, I know! It’s, ‘Thank you’!” she chimed and Yuri patted her head before giving her the sweet pastry.

 

The mother then gave each one of them the cookies and milk and they all thanked her for it. Even little Seo didn’t refuse when Yuri gave it to her. Well, it was after Yuri convinced her that the cookies were filled with vegetables. After receiving the round chocolate-chipped cookie, she addressed it as, ‘Veggiekies’.

 

‘Such a strange kid…’

 

 She was about to plop herself on the bed but the girls begged her to finish the storybook Jessica was reading.

 

Yuri eventually granted their wish and sat beside Seohyun as she read the story. One by one, their eyes gradually drooped and by the time you know it, Sooyoung and Yoong were already dozing their tiny bodies to dreamland.

 

“And they lived happily…ever…after.” Yuri managed to say in between her yawns.

 

After that, Yuri tucked her angels to bed as she ran around the room, giving kisses to their foreheads. She imagined this kind of feeling when Yunho talked about marriage with her. To be having mini, carbon-copied Yunhos and Yuris skedaddling around their dream house in Yunho’s native place; to be having him as her husband, to be able to live perfectly and peacefully, away from show business and cameras, she dreamt of all of this. But now, how would it come true if they’re already over?

 

Yuri felt her ‘motherly instincts’ kicking it as she smooched the youngest’s cheek. She never felt this kind of feeling inside of her. It made her so mature and…

 

Happy.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter