Chapter 19

I Just Don't Know Anymore

{ Minhyuk POV }

 

I sat at my desk and stared out the glass panels that looked into the show room. ‘It’s all his fault. He hurt Eunjin.’  A crack echoed through the small office and I looked down to see the pen I was holding in two shattered pieces. I sighed while running a hand roughly through my hair; things haven’t been going well lately. After the incident at the club and the restaurant I’d been feeling particularly irritable and on edge and my job didn’t help. Pressuring people into buying expensive foreign cars isn’t as fun as you’d think.

 

Outside the sky was a dark gray and the large windows were frosted over at the edges. The wind was howling and the signs outside flapped around dangerously. Quite fitting weather for my attitude.

 

I scraped the pieces of plastic off my desk and threw them into the bin in the corner of the room, ignoring the blue ink smudges that were left behind on the glass surface.

“Things are really going to hell these days.” I muttered to myself while burying my face in my hands.

“Minhyuk-sshi, there’s a couple here looking for you. They look loaded!” My colleague, Hwanyong, had thrown open the door to my office and announced the news to me.

“I’ll be out in a minute.” I waved him away and watched as he bounced happily towards the couple who indeed looked like they were swimming in cash. I leaned over and looked at my reflection in the glass top of my desk. My hair was dishevelled, I hadn’t shaved in three days and purple bags formed ungracefully under my eyes. I could already tell it would be a rough week.

 

“Good morning, how can I help you both?” I asked while approaching them. I hardly listened when they rambled on about wanting to buy their daughter a car for her eighteenth birthday. My mind was only on Eunjin. ‘What is she doing right now…?’

 

 

{ Eunjin POV }

 

I had my head on Eunkwang’s shoulder as we sat at the table and stared out the window. Eunkwang loved me and I was certainly growing said feelings for him. It was a nice distraction from everything else in my life right now so I held onto every moment that went by, just the two of us enjoying each other’s company.

 

But of course all good things must come to an end. The wind blew harshly outside and the gray sky swirled nauseatingly. The weather lately had been less than favourable.

“You should go soon.” Eunkwang broke the near silence and moved his head to face me. I smiled gently and lifted my head from his shoulder.

“Yeah.” I mumbled while grabbing my handbag off the floor. For the last hour the two of us had just sat there and stared. No one else came into the café and Seyoung had left earlier. Eunkwang seemed restless the whole time but I on the other hand welcomed the silence as I chance to think clearly.

 

‘Eunkwang is in love with me, and has been for four years, and I’m beginning to feel the same way. But Minhyuk would kill the both of us if he ever found out. So what the hell do I do?’  That was a damn good question. Could I really keep this whole thing from Minhyuk?

 

-Forty Minutes Ago-

 

“That wouldn’t work.” I said definitely. He must be crazy to think that would work.

“It’s the only option. It has to work.” Eunkwang took my hands and looked me straight in the eyes. For a second I actually believed him.

“But how? How do I keep this from him?”

“You sneak out almost everyday; this won’t be much of a difference. And I promise to come to you more often so you don’t have to kept taking any bigger risks than necessary.”

“But we can’t have a proper relationship when I’m still with Minhyuk. It’s…wrong.” This whole situation went against just about all of my morals.

 

Eunkwang nodded his head; he knew what would happen if Minhyuk found out.

“Why don’t we run away?” His suggestion took me by surprise and I whipped my head around to face him again.

“This isn’t like a movie where the lovers run away and live happily ever after. People would notice we’re missing and find us again.”

“What if I find a place, somewhere secluded where we can live happily ever after?” His optimism was inspiring but I just couldn’t buy it. I leaned my forehead against his chest and sighed.

“Why is everything so difficult?” The frustrations inside me began to overflow and a tear escaped my eye. I had don enough crying to fill the Pacific Ocean in the past twenty minutes but the tears just wouldn’t stop.
“I know. Don’t cry, please?” Eunkwang’s voice hushed me and he steered me to the table and into a chair.

 

We sat there in silence and thought. Just…thought.

 

-Present-

 

“Okay, I’m going now.” I said with my hand on the door. Eunkwang touched my arm and placed a kiss on my forehead before sighing loudly. It pained me to see him have his feelings returned but only to have yet another obstacle disrupt his path. The bell attached to the door tinkled as I stepped out and into the howling wind. The entire walk home I kept my head down as I rushed to get back to the apartment. A glance at my watch said it was four thirty.

 

The apartment lobby was cold and the receptionist was too busy reading a magazine to notice me. The elevator ride was slow and eerily quiet, so I ran out as soon as the doors opened. Jamming my keys into the lock I threw the door open and shuffled into the lounge room. The whole apartment seemed rather damask and dark lately and the piano in the corner was gathering more and more dust by the minute. Now I just had to wait for Minhyuk to get home before my game of lies began.


Well hello everyone! It's been a few day since I last updated, sorry. This chapter is sort of a filler because I'm trying to think of what will happen next. I'd love it if you guys could share with me any ideas or scenes you'd like to read; it would really help! Anyways, thanks for reading.

Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated.