Chapter 25

I Just Don't Know Anymore

{ Eunjin POV }

 

As I swept the ash into the bucket small white clouds floated up into my face. I coughed and waved a hand in front of my face but the choked feeling stayed. It had been like that for a few days now; at first it felt like something was stuck in my throat but now it felt like it was in a vice. Minhyuk had been skulking around the apartment in a daze but I didn’t dare question him. ‘There goes my rabbit.’  I thought glumly as I scooped the last of it’s ashes into the bucket. After throwing my cremated rabbit doll into the garbage bin I settled on texting Eunkwang. Maybe that would settle my nerves.

 

‘The rabbit doll’s been cremated.’ I sent grimly and he replied immediately.

 

‘What do you mean cremated? Why’d you burn it?’

 

‘No, Minhyuk did. He found it and burnt it to ashes. He’s becoming suspicious.’ I waited about ten minutes before Eunkwang replied back.

 

‘Just hang on. Tell me if he does anything suspicious and I’ll come and get you. I won’t let him hurt you.’ It sounded awfully romantic but it wasn’t the time for that. I sent a quick reply and headed back into the kitchen to finish washing out the oven. In the ten hours that I’d been home I had been thinking. It’s true; I didn’t love Minhyuk and wanted out of the relationship. He abused me and that certainly wasn’t right. So why did I feel guilty? Who knows?

 

I so preoccupied with cleaning I didn’t hear the front door open and slam closed. Not until a coat came flying into the kitchen did I look up from the oven to see Minhyuk storming into the lounge room. What happened now? I cautiously entered the room and looked warily at Minhyuk. He had collapsed on the lounge and had his hands over his eyes. He looked angry, as in furious. He couldn’t have found out yet…

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked in quiet voice, dreading his reply. Minhyuk uncovered his eyes and stared at me with piercing eyes. I gulped and prepared for the worst, but it never came.

“I was fired.” He said in a monotone voice while glaring out the window.

“Fired? How?”

“They said I wasn’t focused, I wasn’t attentive. They’d had enough of me moping around, it wasn’t good for business.” He was fired because of that? If he was fired that meant he wouldn’t be out every weekday, so he would be in the apartment. Which meant I couldn’t go out anymore.

 

Minhyuk pushed himself up and slammed the door to the bathroom, leaving me dumbstruck. I wouldn't be able to see Eunkwang until Minhyuk found another job, and that could destroy our relationship. Well, whatever poor excuse of a relationship. But do I sort of deserve this? Sneaking around and cheating is against everything I've ever been taught, so why have I become such a bad person? I dropped the towel I'd been holding and slipped to the floor. I furiously blinked back my tears and pulled out my phone to text Eunkwang again. 'Things are getting difficult.'


I'm so sorry! I had no bloody idea what to write for this chapter, so its kinda a filler. I promise that the next chapter will be way more interesting. Oh, and MokpoStar, I don't feel sorry for Eunjin either, I feel sorry for Minhyuk. This story isn't going how I thought it would...

Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated.