Chapter 15

I Just Don't Know Anymore

This chapter is not rated but will have some swearing in it. So you've been warned.


{ Minhyuk POV } 

My head was throbbing and I felt like throwing up. The light from the open window seemed blinding but in reality it was only a soft glow. You’d think last night would be a blur but it was crystal clear; even though I didn’t want it to be. Changsub and Hyunsik had dragged me back to the apartment early this morning though I said I wanted to go somewhere else. I stood up slowly but collapsed again onto the floor, groaning in frustration. ‘What am I doing with my life?’ Footsteps sounded in the hallway and I strained my eyes against the sun to see who it was.

 

Eunjin stood at the edge of the lounge and stared at me. Her gaze was not pitiful, but sad and it annoyed me. ‘Why is she looking at me like that?’ my temper grew and I was about to snap. But why? What happened?

 

 

-Last Night-

 

“Eunkwang said he’s not coming.” Changsub yelled over the throng of voices. We, Changsub, Ilhoon, Hyunsik and I, were standing in front of a clothing store waiting for Eunkwang but now he wasn’t coming.

“I knew he wouldn’t come. He hates clubs.” Ilhoon announced while crossing his arms childishly.

“Well, there’s not much we can do about it. Let’s go.” Changsub put his phone back into his pocket and we started walking slowly towards the club. Considering it was a Saturday night the streets were absolutely packed and it was more than difficult to move. The other three were chatting loudly and jumping around but I walked quietly behind them, not wanting to make a scene. Soon we reached the club and waited in line for a few minutes. We had to wait for Ilhoon because the bouncer didn’t think he was old enough, and after a lot of convincing and checking if his ID card was fake or not, we finally entered the loud club.

 

A massive dance floor was set out in the centre of the club and it was a sea of bodies. Strobe lights flashed periodically and music pounded through my ears. Reason number one why I hated clubs: they’re too loud and claustrophobic. Ilhoon had already dragged Changsub to the dance floor so I was left with Hyunsik, who was our designated driver for the night.

“Well, might as well try to have some fun.” Hyunsik said with a small smile before meekly making his way to the dance floor and leaving me standing alone near the door. ‘Great, they all left me.’ I made my way to the bar and took a seat on one of the metal bar stools. The bartender was a woman, around my age, but it was hard to tell behind the caked on makeup she wore.

“What can I get ya’?” She asked with a tilted smile. Reason number two why I hated clubs: people hitting on you. By the way she was dressed you’d think she was a stripper and I could tell she was wearing shoes that were as tall as a wine glass. But I noticed her name tag. Haesun. ‘Wait, what?’ No, she wasn’t the Haesun I knew, but she was close enough. I tried to fight back the memories of her but small flashes still made their way into my head.

“A beer.” I hissed through clenched teeth. This was just what I needed; to be reminded of that . She set the mug down in front of me and I immediately chugged it down.

“Rough day?” She asked while leaning on the counter, showing far too much cleavage. I shot her my darkest glare and grunted and answer. She stood back up again, threw me a look of disgust and walked to the other end of the bar where a group of giggling girls where downing cocktails like it were water.

 

The night went on and the club became more packed. I had spoken to the guys since we arrived but I spotted Hyunsik trying to brush off a woman who must have been twice his age, and Ilhoon who was sitting in a booth with a selection of women. My mood had only worsened with the alcohol and I was running on a short fuse. I was on my second beer already and my vision was starting to blur. The seats next to me were empty until a girl probably younger than me sat to my right. Throwing a drunken glance at her she was skimpily dressed with towering heels and ratty hair extensions.

“Hey, wanna go home with me?” She batted her eyelashes and scooted closer. She smelled like cigarette smoke and seemed even more sloshed than I was. ‘Ugh, disgusting.’

“No. Piss off.” I turned back to my glass and took a swig. The girl put a hand on my shoulder and dug her fake nails in my skin. She just doesn’t get it.

“No, you obviously don’t understand me. You’ll come home with me and you can have with me.” She tried to sound convincing but her speech was slurred and she wasn’t in the least bit attractive.

“No. Now piss off you shameless !” I snapped and pushed her away. God, I shouldn’t have come tonight, I’m already drunk and the people here were just making it worse. I stood up from the bar stool and stumbled into the crowd of people on the dance floor; looking for Hyunsik.

 

I spotted him standing to the side and pushed past the surrounding people. He looked surprised to see me but caught my arm when I tripped on someone’s foot.

“Minhyuk, are you drunk?” He asked concerned. The guys all knew I wasn’t a nice drunk.

“What’da you think?” My speech was broken and my head swam from the blasting music.

“C’mon. Let’s get Changsub and Ilhoon and go.” Was all I heard before I passed out.

 

 

-Present-

 

I assume the guys dragged me to the car and drove me back here. Eunjin must have set me down on the lounge but why was she acting like this? Eunjin took a few steps closer and crouched down next to me. She held out a glass of water and I snatched it from her hand. She said nothing but kept that sad look on her face.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” I spat at her while slamming the glass down on the coffee table. She still didn’t change so I stood up and stormed into the bedroom. ‘What have I done? I’ve done nothing but protect her and she acts like this!’ I opened my side of the wardrobe and pulled out a pair of tracksuit pants and a t-shirt. Kicking off my shoes I was about to open the door but something under the bed caught my eye. I bent over, despite the throbbing in my head, and peered under the bed. A fluffy white thing was stuffed under there and a few bags and boxes were surrounding it, trying to cover it up. I pulled the thing out and saw it was a big rabbit doll. It seemed awfully familiar and I recognised it as something Eunjin had wanted me to buy for her. How could she have gotten it? She can’t go out and buy it herself so maybe her friend bought it for her? Whatever the answer was, I was sure I wouldn’t like it.

 

{ Eunjin POV }

 

He still loved Haesun. I could see it when he glared at me just then. I can understand why he hates her but he still loves her regardless of what she did? So what does that make me? Am I just some in between girl for him to play with while he thinks of her? I said I love him but I don’t think I can love a person unconditionally like he does.


Hello! Quick update today. I'm sorry if this chapter doesn't meet standards but I'm too young to get into a club, let alone drink, so i have no idea what goes on in there but I'm sure it's not nice. And the swearing! I don't swear like that in everyday life but it kinda felt appropriate in this situation. Anyway, tell me what you think, comments motivate me. :D

Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated.