Chapter 24

I Just Don't Know Anymore

{ Eunjin POV }

 

We broke apart and stared at each other for a while. It seemed impossible that a guy like Eunkwang would love me, but here I am. The movie had ended and the clock struck twelve, signalling the time to sleep. Wait, sleep?! How, or more importantly, where am I meant to sleep? I couldn’t possibly sleep with Eunkwang! It just seemed really wrong.

“Time for bed?” He asked while placing the DVD back in its case.

“Uh, y-yeah.” Oh god, I’m stuttering. Eunkwang stood up and led me into his bedroom before shutting the door and walking off somewhere, which I assumed was the bathroom. I think I’m meant to change into my pyjamas now.

 

I fished through my tote bag for my pyjamas and hurriedly put them on. Blue with sheep and stars. Very attractive. I look like some over grown five year old, but these are the only decent pair I have, the rest are too small or have a collection of holes. I stuffed my other clothes back into the bag and sat on the edge of is bed to wait. I was right, I am over thinking; I mean my heart is pumping so hard it might explode and I swear my face was tomato red. A knock at the door jolted me out of my thoughts.

“Can I come in?” Eunkwang asked casually from behind the white door.

“Uh, yeah.” I sounded extremely nervous and stood straight. He walked into the room and threw his belt into his wardrobe before pulling back the sheets and lying down. I stood there like an idiot, unsure of what to do.

 

“Well? Are you gonna sleep or not?” He asked and patted the pillow beside his. Did he really expect me to sleep in the same bed as him?

“Oh, I can sleep on the lounge. Or the floor.” I waved my hands at him and headed to the door but a pillow flew at the back of my head. I turned around to see Eunkwang smiling like an idiot while looking at the ceiling. Now he’s asking for it. I picked the pillow up of the floor and flung it back at him, scoring a shot right in the face. I laughed and ran out the door but he followed me. I grabbed one of the small cushions that sat on the lounge and started beating him silly with it. Unexpectedly, the pillow ripped and polyester fluff went everywhere. We looked at each other but immediately cracked up laughing at the scene.

 

“I’ll get you a new one.” I said in between laughs as we collapsed on the lounge. Eunkwang didn’t say anything but brushed a few bits of fluff off my face. His blonde hair was strewn with the fibres and I reached up and picked every bit of it.

“Now, we can sleep. Otherwise you’ll die of fatigue.” Eunkwang picked me up in his arms and carried me back into his room. At this point I had no qualms about sleeping in the same bed as him, and snuggled into the sheets. He layed down next to me and drew me close while his gentle breathing lulled me to sleep.

 

 

 

 

{ Minhyuk POV }
 

Black smoke billowed from the oven door and I was surprised the smoke alarm hadn’t gone off. Maybe I should replace the batteries. I didn’t want to do it, but I had to. If she really wanted it that badly she could have just asked me again. I’m not that unapproachable, am I? I still couldn’t forget the other night, when I heard her talking on the phone. She was probably talking to Minyoung but it didn’t sound like a conversation best friends would have. Best friends don’t say “I love you” in that sense.

 

The oven had stopped blowing smoke everywhere and only small wisps of smoke came out from its door. I slowly opened the door and fanned away the cloud that escaped. The entire base of the oven was blanketed in ash, and two small black buttons poked out from the mess. Now to leave it there. Eunjin would find it soon enough.

 

I left the ribbon on the bench and walked into the bedroom. It was dark and looked uninhabited; and she’s only been gone for a few hours! That shows you how dependant I am on her. She is lovely, she has beauty and everything. But I keep her locked up here when she should be out living a fulfilling life. I sighed heavily and slipped under the sheets while staring at the ceiling. She doesn’t deserve this, she should be free but I need her, and no matter how cliché that sounds, it’s true. Looking into the future now would be a waste of time, I already know the probable outcome. But I will change the outcome.

 

I shut the oven door and switched off all the lights as I walked towards the bedroom again. Without bothering to push the stuff back under the bed, I threw myself on it and hugged her pillow to me. Sighing heavily, I thought back to when things used to be “normal” and fell asleep to the sound of the alarm clock buzzing softly.

 

 

{ Eunjin POV }

 

Pots and pans clanked together and I heard the TV going. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the alarm clock on the bedside table. Quarter past eight. Despite the unnerving presence of Eunkwang and the whole “sleeping-in-the-same-bed” ordeal, that must’ve been the best night’s sleep I’d had in a very long time. Too bad it wouldn’t happen again for a while.

 

I slipped off the bed and shuffled into the kitchen where Eunkwang stood facing the stove with a spatula in hand. I crept up behind him and stood on my tip toes to peek over his shoulder. He obviously didn’t notice so I stood perfectly still with my eyes peeking over his shoulder like some creepy stalker. For some reason the image looked hilarious in my mind so I bit my cheeks to stop my laughter from coming out. Eunkwang yawned widely and looked at me from the corner of his eye but did a double take when he saw my dumb smile.

“What on earth are you doing?! You scared the crap out of me!” He blinked a few times and held a hand to his chest. I giggled and ran out to the lounge room before flicking through the channels quickly.

“What will I do with you?” I heard him mutter to himself.

 

About fifteen minutes later we were sitting next to each other with a plate in our laps. Most people eat at the table but I preferred it this way; it wasn’t as formal then. Blueberry pancakes and vanilla ice cream.  ‘How does he even know all the things I like? I seriously doubt he’s a stalker.’  We washed the minimal plates and bowls together before Eunkwang left me in his bedroom again to get dressed for the day. I had decided to pack one of my better dresses in case we went somewhere and thank god I did. As soon as we were finished dressing Eunkwang dragged me out of the apartment with my bag and told me we’d be going somewhere new.

 

I watched the city go by and vanish as the car drove out towards a less populated area. We drove for almost an hour before he stopped the car at an empty parking lot surrounded by trees. Eunkwang motioned for me to follow him out of the car and into the massive trees. The air here was cleaner and a light breeze brushed through the space. I had never even known there was a place like this so close to the city, but I would be sure to visit here again. I grabbed Eunkwang’s hand and we slowly walked down the dirt path that winded across the ground and soon led to a small clearing covered in soft grass and was dotted with large rocks big enough to lie on.

“I only found this place a few days ago but, I think it suits us perfectly.” Eunkwang said confidently while nodding his head at the landscape. I nodded as well and climbed onto the biggest rock to see the pale cityscape over the tree tops. Eunkwang climbed up and wrapped his arms around my waist and admired it with me. It was times like this I wanted to last forever. But reality is cruel sometimes and time doesn’t stop for anyone.

 

 

 

“I’ll see you later.” I leaned across my seat and gave Eunkwang a peck on the lips before shutting the car door and running to the elevator. Unfortunately, I had to be back before Minhyuk which meant less time with Eunkwang. The apartment was just as I’d left it two nights ago; the windows were still closed and the bed was made. I dumped my bag in the small laundry room and decided on watching TV for a little bit, but before I could even press the power button the door opened and closed softly. Minhyuk shuffled in and threw himself on the lounge while grabbing the remote and flicking mindlessly through channels. I muttered a “hello” and got a mumble in return as I headed into the kitchen to make a start on dinner.

 

When I entered a saw something yellow on the bench and saw it was a pale ribbon. It seems awfully familiar. I put the ribbon in my pocket and got out a few bowls and ingredients while pre heating the oven. I noticed a kind of burnt smell but it was faint so I ignored it. After preparing everything I was about to slip the dish into the oven but something stopped me. I switched the oven off and stared at the black mess in the bottom of it. It looked like ash but what could have happened to make it, and it was quite a lot of it too. As I inspected it further I noticed two black buttons sticking out of the ash. Black button, ash and a yellow ribbon. Wait, it couldn’t be…

 

The rabbit doll. I was sure of it. I dropped the ribbon and gripped the bench for support as my throat closed up a little. Minhyuk had found the doll and reduced it to ashes. Does that mean he…knows? I began to get this sinking feeling that he did know, and my panic rose to new heights. He’ll find out, sooner or later he will and we can’t hide it for much longer. God, what do I do now?

 


Hello! So sorry for the late update, and a probably disappointing chapter. Ugh, the first section was so...weird! Anyway, I hope the story is geeting a little more exciting fo you all; soon I'll be getting to the thick of it all. Also, if you guys could do me a big favour, could you check out this story written by my wonderful bestie kissMe_Kevin4eva. It's called Kidnapping Tegan, here's the link that hopefully will work for once!!! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/260108/kidnapping-tegan-comedy-drama-romance-superjunior-exom Thanks for reading! :D

Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated.