Chapter 30

I Just Don't Know Anymore

{ Minhyuk POV }

 

“Show’s over.” I mumbled to the stunned crowd. Well, it’s all over and done with now.

“Minhyuk, I’m so sorry.” Eunjin’s mother placed a hand on my shoulder in a gesture of comfort. I shook my head and walked to the lectern at the front on the aisle. Placing my hands on the smooth wood I tried to fight back the tears that clouded my eyes. No, tears are for later.

 

“Minhyuk, we didn’t know…” Ilhoon said behind me. I couldn’t be mad at them; they did nothing wrong. Neither Eunjin. She broke my heart but I hurt hers many more times.

“It’s fine, just go. I want to be alone.” I looked out the large window behind the lectern and gazed at the blue sky. Not a cloud in sight.

“We’ll see you later.” Hyunsik patted my shoulder and ushered the guys out the door. Eunjin’s parents and Minyoung hesitated for a moment before walking out the door. Soon I was alone.

 

I took a seat on one of the wooden benches and closed my eyes. So much had happened in the last few months. Where would things go now? I heard the doors behind me open and a woman in a black suit stood at the doorway, obviously confused. She must have been an employee. Standing up I walked up the aisle and out the door, leaving the woman to figure out what had happened.

 

Outside a light breeze flowed through the air and the sun was warm. Such weather seemed unfitting for me; after all I was now alone. I opened my car door and slipped in, starting the engine and driving at a leisurely pace back to the apartment. The streets were lively and filled with people despite it being a weekday. Finally reaching the apartment, I stepped out of the car and made my way to the elevator. The ride was quick and I was soon staring at the numbers of the apartment door. 134. That hadn’t changed.

 

Opening the door I saw the shoes still scattered on the floor of the entrance. Throwing my suit jacket on the floor with the shoes I entered the bright apartment. The curtains were wide open and the sun rays warmed the wood floor. The walls were still a light cream colour with photo frames hanging artfully around the room. The kitchen was still white and pristine. The bedroom as it had been left; the bed made and a few clothes folded on top of the dresser and vanity. Nothing had changed.

 

So why do I feel… different? It’s not like I feel hollow and rage filled at the events that happened a mere twenty minutes ago. I feel like a weight has been lifted off me, I feel like I could stretch my wings and fly. There was nothing for me here anymore so why hang around?

 

 

{ Eunjin POV }

 

We were silent as Eunkwang drove quickly to his apartment. There was really no point in rushing, I knew Minhyuk wouldn’t come after us. So it finally happened, huh. Well, I couldn’t say I wasn’t expecting it to happen in one form or another. I felt so guilty for deceiving Minhyuk for so long, I no longer felt anger towards him just guilt. Hopefully now he would be free of pain and would be able to follow his dreams.

 

We arrived at the apartment and I immediately layed down on the lounge. For some reason I was exhausted. The past few months had taken a toll on me, on everyone. Now all I wanted to do was rest; I’d get my stuff from the apartment tomorrow.

 

 

{ Minhyuk POV }

 

“Twelve thirty to Incheon.” The overhead speakers crackled as the train approached. The station was nearly empty except for myself, a busker and a few people in suits. The train came to a stop and the doors hissed open. I stepped through the doors and took a seat next to an elderly woman who smiled slightly at me. I didn’t hesitate to smile widely at her,  elated to be moving somewhere new. Who knows where I’ll end up living; I’ll get off at whatever stop I want to.

 

The sky was a striking blue with small puffs of cloud here and there. Winter had passed and spring was on its way bringing with it new beginnings. Now I could start anew and make something of myself, get new friends and maybe even find love. I guess I’d just have to wait and see…

 

 

{ Eunjin POV }

 

“Flight eight thirty-nine to Gate Four.” The automated voice said from the overhead speakers. Eunkwang and I picked up our on board luggage and made our way to the right terminal. We handed the woman behind the counter our tickets and waited as she put them through the machine. As we entered the plane I smiled suddenly. I was given the window seat and Eunkwang was next to me.

 

Looking out the window I saw the sky was bright blue without a cloud in sight. I relaxed back into my seat as the seatbelt light flashed and the cabin crew prepared for take off. Things were certainly looking up.


Hello again! Sorry for the short chapter! Well, I've decided that the next cahpter will be the last and then the story will be complete! YAY! And I start school holidays tomorrow! ( Well, techincally I have work experience but it's at a primary school so it'll be fun. ) So look out for the next chapter, hopefully it won't disappoint you.

By the way I have a new story and I would be very thankful if you could check it out.! Here's the link >>>>>

Not Your Average Extraterrestrial Thanks a lot! :D

Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated.