Chapter 14

I Just Don't Know Anymore

{ Eunkwang POV }

 

I did it again, but I wasn’t meant to. She was just so close and I couldn’t help it, but I knew she kissed me back. I wasn’t going to give up on this; I would make Eunjin mine.

 

I woke up and the room was still dark. The clock on the DVD player said it was six forty-five. I had fallen asleep on the chaise next to Eunjin. She was still asleep so I stood up carefully and made my way to the kitchen. Minhyuk and the guys said they wouldn’t be back till sometime the next morning so it would be okay for her to stay a while onger, right?

 

{ Eunjin POV }

 

“Eunjin!” Someone was calling my name from a distance. I was lying in a field with the sunset stretched out in front of me. The grass was soft and the surrounding trees swayed gently in the breeze. I slowly sat up but saw no one; so who had called my name? A pair of arms wrapped themselves around my shoulders and jumped in surprise before turning in the person’s arms. It was Minhyuk, but he was different. His face looked younger and he had a genuine smile on his face. I was bewildered by his bright behaviour and reached and up to his face, placing it on his cheek. He smiled softly and leaned in for a kiss, and this time I let him do it. It had been years since he had treated me so gently but I was ecstatic things had finally changed.

 

I opened my eyes but met with a different pair. They held different emotions and a mop of blonde hair brushed their forehead. It was Eunkwang not Minhyuk. But before… what was going on? I stood up quickly and looked around frantically, where was this anyway?

“Eunjin, what’s wrong?” Eunkwang had also stood up and was reaching out to me again.

“Where is this? Where’s Minhyuk?” My voice had risen and my hands kept clenching and un clenching, I was starting to panic. Eunkwang swiftly pulled me into his arms and my panic slowly faded away.

“Please, don’t leave-”

 

 

 

“Eunjin! Are you awake?” A shout jerked me from my sleep and I sat up right quickly. I was sitting on Eunkwang’s lounge with a blanket draped across my legs. I had fallen asleep in his apartment again?! And last night, with that kiss, why? I got up and padded into the kitchen where Eunkwang’s seemed to come from. He had his back to me while he put two slices of bread into a chrome toaster.

“Eunkwang.” He turned around at my voice and a smile grew on his face.

“Morning, did you sleep well?” He seemed rather chipper this morning. Was it because…? I had to clear things up and know why he kissed me, twice.

“Eunkwang, why did you kiss me?” I asked bluntly and his smile fell. It was replaced with a look of sorrow but his eyes were angry; a mixture of emotion I had only ever seen on Minhyuk when he was absolutely pissed.

“Because, I wanted to.” I could tell he wasn’t going to make this easy.

 “That’s not a proper answer! You’ve done it twice now but you keep acting like it’s nothing.”

“It is nothing.” He said lowly and shot a glare in my direction. ‘What?! Nothing, it’s everything!’ His words sparked my anger; now I was pissed.

“What the hell?! It’s not nothing, I have a boyfriend! You can’t just go up to someone and kiss them whenever you feel like it !” I yelled at him and tears welled up in my eyes. My head began to throb from the anger and my breathing became shallower.

“Boyfriend? He’s hardly a boyfriend, he abuses you for god sake! How can you still love him when he does that? Don’t you think you deserve better than that?” His words struck a chord in my heart and I fell silent. He was right though, how can I still love him? I still love Minhyuk, despite everything he does, but why do I have these feelings for Eunkwang? I clenched my fists and my tears finally fell, the bottled up emotions spilling onto my cheeks.

“Take me home.” My voice cracked and I had to bring my hands up to my face. I heard Eunkwang sigh but he grabbed his car keys and led me out of the apartment.

 

 

The whole drive back to my apartment was silent except for the small sobs that escaped me. When Eunkwang pulled up outside my apartment I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the door to get out but stopped when I felt his hand on mine.

“Please, think about it.” I got out of the car and ran into the elevator. I was confused enough with Minhyuk but now I had Eunkwang to worry about. Is it possible to have feelings for two men? It felt so wrong, I was betraying Minhyuk, but I couldn’t help it.

 

The apartment was silent as a grave when I creaked open the door. I really didn’t feel like doing anything so I threw myself onto the king bed and tried to sleep but images of the two men floated through my head. I layed there for about ten minutes before a loud banging echoed into the apartment. ‘What’s the problem now?’ I thought irritated as I shuffled to the front door. Undoing the chain I saw Changsub and Hyunsik standing at the threshold with a hunched figure supported between them.

“Eunjin, it’s Minhyuk. He drank too much last night.” Hyunsik spoke up first while pulling Minhyuk’s arm up over his shoulder again. It looks like everyone is having problems of their own.

“Okay, bring him in.” I opened the door wide and watched as the two hauled Minhyuk into the lounge room and layed him gently on the lounge.

“Sorry.” Changsub placed a hand on my arm before walking out the door with Hyunsik.

“See you.” I said sadly before slowly closing the door and crouching next to Minhyuk’s figure. His face was troubled and the strong smell of alcohol wafted off him. I sighed heavily before standing to get a blanket.

“Haesun, don’t leave me.” Minhyuk whispered sadly. Haesun. He was dreaming of her. He can’t forget her. I sat next to him on the floor and held his hand; I wasn’t Haesun, but…I don’t know. Was Minhyuk still in love with her?

 

I stayed with him for the whole morning but left for the bedroom around lunch time. It looked like I’m not the only one with issues.


Hey! Sorry for a short chapter. But, tell me what you think of the story so far, yeah?

Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated.