Chapter 31

I Just Don't Know Anymore

-Six Years Later-

 

{ Eunjin POV }

 

The trees rustled gently as I walked with Eunkwang down the concrete path. The sun was close to setting, casting an orange glow over everything. Sighing lightly I breathed in the fresh air and took in my surroundings.

 

A colourful playground with children climbing over it and parents ushering them home. Green grass and the occasional wooden bench dotted the park. Truly, I had found somewhere I could be at peace. Eunkwang was silent beside me as we took a seat on a bench next to the playground. My past events were all but forgotten and I no longer held any anger or resentment. I still felt guilty and even sad at times but I had to be strong. Being a role model is a tough job.

 

“I can’t help but feel like we’re finally at peace, of sorts.” Eunkwang said from beside me. I turned my head to stare at my husband. Even after all these years he was still the same; physically and personality wise. The years had hardly hindered him, it was hard to believe he was twenty eight. The transition from city life to a simpler living was more beneficial to him than myself; I knew how much he wanted to escape the bustling city that held too many bad, and good, memories for him. I gladly accepted the offer.

 

“Well, maybe we are at peace.”

“You’d think we deserve it.”

“Hm.” That made me think. ‘Do I really deserve this good fortune?’. Well, if I didn’t I’d have gotten up and left a while ago.

“You’re not still questioning yourself, are you?” Eunkwang raised an eyebrow at me.

“No, just thinking.”

“Well, stop thinking and grab your son. We need to get groceries.” Eunkwang patted my knee and pulled me up from the bench.

 

“My son? He’s our son.” Eunkwang laughed cheerily. Since the birth of our son three years ago Eunkwang had transformed into a perfect father. He doted on him to no end but always knew when to use discipline. His mother would be proud.

 

“Minhyuk! Come on, we have to get dinner.” I called my son over from the bright yellow slide he was standing atop of. Sliding down quickly he ran over to me and took my hand in his small one. He looked like his father but had my eyes. Mum was particularly happy with him, stating it was our fantastic genes. Dad and Sungjae just felt old once they knew they would be a grandfather and uncle. Life didn’t turn out like I had expected to, but hey, I’m not complaining.

 

“Mum! Hurry! Dad said we’s could get ice cream.” I laughed at Minhyuk’s childish talk and let go of his hand as he ran to catch up to Eunkwang. Why I named him Minhyuk I’ll never know; it just fitted him well. I laughed to myself as I followed the two from behind. As I walked down the path I approached a man with a young girl on his shoulders, a butterfly hovering above them. But just as I was about to pass them something stopped me. That man looked awfully familiar…

 

 

{ Minhyuk POV }

 

“Daddy! Come play!” Eunjin yelled at me from the top of the plastic and metal playground tower she was standing on. I chuckled and climbed up the small ladder grabbing my daughter and swinging her around.

“Down the slide?” I asked and she nodded her head enthusiastically. I put her in my lap and we slid down together, her peals of laughter echoing through the near empty playground.

 

“Come one, let’s go home and get dinner started.” Mingi walked up to us and held out a hand for the both of us. The gold link bracelet with the heart charm shone on her wrist in the orange light. I admit, the last few years had been difficult and it took a long time to recover but I was better now. And Mingi had helped me so much and I couldn’t go without her now. Aside from being my wife she was my best friend.

 

I told her everything and she listened to every word. She didn’t judge me or her; she just held me and promised it would never happen again. I believed her and life went on bringing with it surprises and opportunities. My feelings for Seoul and it’s people had since become numb but there were still times when I missed the city, my old friends and my fiancée of such a short time.

 

“Alright. Let’s go.” I grabbed Eunjin’s left hand while she skipped happily next to me. I know, why would I name my daughter Eunjin? Well…I have no idea why. I just like the name and I think it suits her. Mingi had no problems with it so it was fine. Just then a bright blue butterfly flew past my face and snapped me out of my thoughts. Eunjin also took notice of it and let go of my hand as she ran in an attempt to catch it.

 

Mingi laughed beside me as we watched our two and a half year old jump and pounce at the butterfly. I jogged lightly to catch up to her and passed a man with a child, about Eunjin’s age. I caught Eunjin and hauled her up onto my shoulders. She giggled and waved her hands about to catch the butterfly. As I spun around I caught sight of someone walking along the path. I stopped spinning and moved out of their way but something caught my eye. It was a woman but she was familiar…

 

 

{ Eunjin & Minhyuk }

 

It couldn’t be could it? How is it possible that after all these years we would run into each other? We stood staring at each other for a moment before two small voices called out.

“Mum, hurry up!”
“Daddy, let’s go, the butterfly flew away.” I looked at the familiar voice and smiled gently at them.

 

“I’m coming, Minhyuk!”

“Alright, let’s catch up to Mummy, Eunjin.” I said but stopped again when I heard my name being called. I looked back at the familiar figure and looked closely at them. Smiling softly I turned my back and walked away, leaving the person behind. Maybe it was them, maybe it wasn’t. I’ll never know; right now I had to focus on getting this little one home, they had preschool tomorrow…


FINALLY!!!!!! IT'S FINSIHED!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Prepare youselves, I'm writing you a thank you speech.

First, I want to thank my lovely subscribers. Without you, I wouldn't write. Seriously. I especially thank those who have been reading since the start which was about...three months ago(?).

 

Second, I apologise. I understand this fic may have been really boring and disappointing in some parts and even I think it's a little rushed. I know the ending is SO CLICHE but... Okay, I really have no excuse for that. Beat me with baseball bats and lightsticks; I would too if I were reading this. But anyway, thanks for sticking with me! I'd love to read what you guys thought of the fic!

 ( Block B's comeback is next month! Hooray to any of you who are also BBC's! )

Okay I should wrap this up now. I thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. Look out for me in the future but for now... TTFN!