Chapter 10

I Just Don't Know Anymore

{ Eunkwang POV }

 

I stole those lips. Finally, after so many years I felt Eunjin’s lips on mine. At the time I didn’t care about Minhyuk or the fact Eunjin is his girlfriend. All I thought about was the possibility of her being my girl; and soon I’d make that possibility a reality. Who cares if Minhyuk finds out, I’ll deal with him, or if she rejects me, I felt her kiss me back I know she enjoyed it. But now the real challenge begins, getting her to fall for me.

 

{ Eunjin POV }

 

He stole my lips. Eunkwang kissed me, and it wasn’t some innocent peck on the lips, no, it was far more pressured. But…did I like it? No, that’s impossible. Minhyuk is my boyfriend. My silent, slightly frightening boyfriend. I touched my lips and thought about whether I did like it. I mean I kissed him back, but that was only because I was shocked and didn’t know what to do. Right?

 

The sound of the door opening and closing loudly jolted me out of my thoughts. As I sat up I felt a rather odd lump under me; a backpack. Confused I looked around the rest of the room and saw mounds of clothes, shoes, bags and other various items scattered around the room. That’s when the day’s earlier mission to find out more about Minhyuk came back to me. Panicking, I pushed everything under the large bed and threw everything else in my side of the wardrobe. As the footsteps outside the door got louder I was just about to close the wardrobe door when I spotted the photo on the floor. I snatched up the photo of Minhyuk and the mystery girl just as the door opened to reveal a tired looking Minhyuk. I stood erect with the photo clasped behind my back.

 

Minhyuk surveyed the room, as though he were checking that everything was in order like a military sergeant. I gulped loudly and started to step cautiously towards the door while shoving the photo in my back pocket, but Minhyuk caught me around the waist. I began to fear that I was busted but instead he just hugged me from behind and rested his head on my shoulder. I was surprised but relieved I wasn’t found out, though this behaviour was a total three-sixty from before. His mood swings were beginning to get on my nerves and I wondered how much longer I could take before I snapped. I better not make him mad again so I turned in his arms and hugged him tightly. But it was a cold and stiff hug, there was no loving emotion behind it.

“I missed you today.” Minhyuk whispered into my hair and I frowned at his attempt to make me feel sorry for him.

“Really? Well, I’m here now.” I replied flatly and made sure to keep out any emotion in my voice. Minhyuk’s arms tightened around me and I could tell he was trying to get something across.

“Why don’t you love me anymore? I still love you, even more than when we first met.” Oh, so now he was going to play the guilt card. Well, two can play at that game.

“Why do you think?”

“I have no idea. I give you anything you want and give you love but you seem to hate me now.” He actually sounded hurt but I was sure it was fake. After four years I’ve learnt how to tell a liar from a person speaking the truth.

“Well, sometimes people change.” I broke away from the cold embrace and walked into the lounge room and switched on the TV, trying to drown out the conflicting voices in my head.

 

{ Minhyuk POV }

 

Why doesn’t she love me anymore? I give her a home, a bed and my unwavering love. What else could she want? I admit sometimes I’m forced to do things I really don’t want to do, but that’s only because I love Eunjin. ‘What else can I do?’ I thought sadly as she walked out of the room, the racket from the TV filling the whole apartment. Just then and idea came into my head; something that would show Eunjin just how much I love her.

 

I entered the lounge room and saw her lying on the lounge, blankly staring at the TV screen. This would definitely work, and it’s not like we hadn’t done it before. I confidently walked over and stood right in front of her, gaining a grumble and her getting up to leave. Before she could leave again I grabbed her wrists and pulled her forward. She grew a look of anger and disgust but I didn’t care, I would have her. I cupped her face with one hand and crashed my lips onto hers. She squeaked and struggled but I tightened my grip on her wrists and held her even closer. She pushed me away but only enough to separate our faces, and she looked at me as though I were the most grotesque person to walk the earth. But I just smirked wickedly and drew her into my arms again. Tears streamed down her face as I kicked open the bedroom door. Tonight, she’d know she is mine and mine only.

 

 

{ Eunjin POV }

 

My tears fell in an endless waterfall against my hands. ‘How could he have done that to me?!’ It’s not like it was the first time, but that doesn’t mean he can just do it whenever he damn well feels like it! I felt disgusting like I should just crawl under a rock and stay there forever. Minhyuk had gotten up and left a few hours ago just before dawn. God knows where he went but I didn’t care, now I could at least be alone.

 

I slowly stood up from the bed and stumbled into the bathroom. The bright white light was raw on my skin and showed every imperfection, every flaw I had collected over the years. The person in the mirror was pale with dark bags under their eyes and wild hair. I sighed and the shower, trying to rid myself of any impurities. But that was impossible. After throwing on a pair of tracksuit pants and an oversized t-shirt I plopped down on the lounge. The TV was still on and some cooking show was on. For about fifteen minutes I watched the show absently until my phone rang. The caller ID said it was Minyoung. I contemplated whether I should even pick up, as I didn’t feel like talking to anyone but if I ignored her she would just keep calling.

“Hello?” I answered in a monotone.

“Eunjin? Where have you been lately?! I thought you had disappeared from the face of the earth!” Minyoung yelled into the phone and I had to hold it away from my ear.

“Calm down, okay. I was just really busy” I lied quickly. Sometimes it scares even me how well I can lie when it’s called for.

“Really? I don’t believe you! If that Minhyuk is doing anything to you he shou-”

“Minyoung, everything’s fine. I was just busy cleaning and organising stuff.” I cut her off before she could say anything more. At times I think Minyoung knows more than she needs to.

“Well, you don’t sound too busy so you should come round. We haven’t seen each other in a week or so.” I really didn’t want to go out and risk getting caught now. Especially if that’s what I’ll get.

“Why don’t you come to my place?” Minyoung had only been here a few times and that was only for an hour or so when Minhyuk was here.

“Sure. Only as long as Minhyuk doesn’t hover over us like last time.” Minyoung said with a scowl in her voice. Last time Minhyuk had sat right next to me and watched every move I made.

 

A few minutes later the doorbell sounded and I hopped up to see Minyoung smiling widely, albeit dripping wet from the continuous rain outside. I stood aside while she slipped off her soaking boots and gave me a tight hug. I ushered her into the house but saw her shivering so she followed me to the bedroom where I opened my wardrobe to get a jumper for her. But, a mountain of clothes and whatnot came tumbling out; but a certain plushie caught her interest.

“Did Minhyuk give you this?” Minyoung asked while holding up the fluffy white bunny Eunkwang had bought me yesterday. Eunkwang. What was I meant to think of him now?

“Oh…yeah.” I said quietly while trying to shove everything back into the wardrobe. Minyoung just placed the rabbit onto the bed and pulled on the knitted jumper I threw at her.

 

For the rest of the day we lounged around and talked and laughed like friends do. But all my laughs and smiles were forced. While Minyoung prattled on about some guy she met at work my mind wondered to Eunkwang. I remembered how he held my hand all day, got me a gift and even protected me from that awful Jihoon. He fought to keep me safe and I appreciated it. But did I appreciate his other ‘gift’? Around five-thirty Minyoung left and I was alone again. I had become like a ghost, just wondering everywhere and no one noticing. But I prefer to be unnoticed than to be gawked at or taken pity upon because of my relationship; and the only person who takes notice but doesn’t pity me is Eunkwang.


Hello! Short chapter, but I hope it was ok. Have you seen Super Junior's new MV y, Free & Single? If not you should check it out!

Comments and subscriptions are much appreciated.