Author Note

I Just Don't Know Anymore

Hello everyone! It's been a while hasn't it? Well, I just thought I should share something with you all. Recently I had this story reviewed and I found it really helpful. So here it is if you guys are interested.


I Just Don't Know Anymore by asian_on_the_iniside

Reviewed by Kakurine039

Title: (4/5)
It doesn’t really stand out to me. Well, I mean, It kind of does stand out, but I wouldn’t click it to read. It fits the story, though.

 

Foreword/Description: (5/10)
The description was good. It caught my attention. However, I think that the quote in the beginning belongs in the foreword.

Now as for the character profiles, I’m highly against them. I feel that they give away the story. Majority of the time, readers actually don’t really pay much attention to the profiles. And the few that do completely forget what they just read the minute they clicked next. You’ll be explaining the character’s background and personalities throughout the story, so there’s really no point for the profiles.

A simple character chart would be sufficient.

And since your foreword is just profiles, I’m going to have to take points off for that.

 

Appearance: (5/5)
Oh my gosh, the poster is gorgeous. The artist is amazing! I just can’t get over it! Gah, Eunkwang and Minhyuk look so y! I also really like the hourglass in the background.

Overall, the appearance of the story itself looks good.

 

Plot: (13/15)

 The plot events are bit clichéd, but you were able to take those clichéd scenes and make it your own.
 

Originality: (13/15)
Same thing I said for the plot section. This isn’t the first time I’ve read a story about the main character being abused by her boyfriend, and said boyfriend’s best friend is in love with the main girl. Your storyline isn’t necessarily original, but you mixed it up and changed it up a bit. What I can say is really original is the fact that you used BToB. There are not too many stories featuring that group.

 

Grammar and Spelling: (18/20)
Your spelling and grammar are amazing. You have a couple of mistakes here and there, but that is perfectly acceptable.

 

Characterization: (9/10)
You’ve done an excellent job at characterization. I was able to picture what all the characters look like and understand their personalities easily.  I’m just confused on one subject; in one of the chapters Eunkwang said he worked at the bank. But then in a later chapter, we find out that he’s a baker for that café…

 

Flow: (8/10)
The pace of the story is good. It’s not too slow, and it’s not too fast. The only problem is the shifts in POV. Switching the POVs more than two times, even if it’s between two people, can mess up the flow of the story and confuse the readers

 

Overall Enjoyment: (9/10)
I’m not big on OCxIdol couples, but I enjoyed reading this fic. You’ve done a great job so far, so keep it up. I really like BToB, and I like how you portrayed them in this story. I’ll be looking forward to the nest chapter, for I subscribed.

 

Total: 84/100