Cats can swim, lady

Mistakes

AN: Well.. yeah here is another attempt as a chapter.. I guess xD Buuut.. dearest readers (x3) I think you were expecting something from Cathy now after so many chapters of her.. Struggling to get Key out of the picture.. Well.. let's see.. this might be that chapter.. So.. who knows, this chapter could be the one before the last.. Will this love story have a sad ending? Aaand if not, what if this chapter is just one huge, drama? xDD Love you all x3333

 

Key whimpered softly. He felt like he was being watched. Jonghyun had to leave for something again, and even though he told him that he could ask the maids to help him, he refused it. He didn't like the maids, they were all over Jonghyun and they seemed like they could drown him into a glass of water.

Oh, talking about water, Key was taking a stroll in the huge garden. Slowly, he seemed to reach the pool. He gulped as he looked at the deep, endless looking, water-filled 'thing'. Key hated water with everything he had, and of course, he had his reasons. Thy weren't pretty. He was still a few meters away from the pool when his sharp ears picked up a rustling sound. It came from one of the flower bushes. He shrugged it off sitting on one of the benches, under a huge cherry tree. He decided to get away from the pool. Somehow, it gave him the creeps. His tail swished nervously. 'Can't he just come home now?' he asked himself, pouting adorably. Suddenly, something caught his eye. A maid-uniformed figure was standing near the pool. Suddenly, she fell on her knees. She seemed to be sobbing. Key stood up, and even if his insticts were against it, he went there to help the maid.

Cathy smirked to herself as Key neared her. She had planned everything. Acting as a damsel in distress would make Key worried about her, and it did of course. She looked at the ground, seemingly sobbing, but her eyes were free of tears. She was happy that she could finally get rid of that damn brat. Key crouched down next to her.

'C..cathy, are you ok?' he asked softly, gently touching the maids shoulder.

'O..oh, master Kibum.. I.. I feel like dying..' she said hoarsely, acting the role of her being hurt well. Key seemed to be truly worried about her as he didn't notice that his back was facing the pool. Perfect. He stood up and helped the 'sobbing' maid up, who was still hiding her face. As he smiled at her encouragingly, she pushed him into the pool harshly. Key let out a loud yelp as he fell into the ice cold water.

He gasped as the water tried to drag him down, his tail was swishing widely as he tried to get out. Managing to lift his head higher than the water, he struggled to get out. He wasn't as far as Cathy tried to push him, so after kicking a bit with his legs, he got to the wall of the pool, but he didn't get out. 

'Did you really think that I can't swim?' he asked, floating in the water, not even using the wall to keep him up.

'W..wait you can?! You should be dead now, brat!' Cathy said coldly. Key rolled his feline eyes.

'First of all, lady. I am part cat, it's true. Cat's don't like water, true.. But I am part human as well. And both can swim. ' he smirked as he climbed out of the pool. 'I won't tell about this.. attempt to anyone because you just tried to play, didn't you?' he asked, chuckling coldly.

Cathy was still standing there. She hadn't expected him to be able to swim, but she had brought her knife, just in case. So as Key shook the water out of his clothes, she jumped on him, holding the knife securely. Key gasped as the cold metal pierced his thin skin. The maid's aim was perfect, the knife had hit him at his stomach are. She stabbed him repeatedly at the same place. Key let out a loud scream for help as he helplessly tried to fight off the woman. If he was at full strength, he would have been able to fight her off without any worries, but now, he couldn't even throw her off.

'Key!!' Suddenly, they could hear a loud, worried yell. Jonghyun was looking for his kitten. Somehow he knew that he was in trouble. Cathy got off the boy and tried to run, dropping her knife in the process. As she ran away, key fell on his knees, holding onto his injured stomach. Blood was seeping through his fingers. His whole body was shaking.

'J..Jong..' he tried to scream, but his voice came out as a choked whisper. But somehow, Jonghyun had heard the desperate call. He knew where to find Key now, and he ran at full speed.

'Key..' he whispered as he noticed the boy. He was on his knees, blood covering his hands that were trying to stop the bleeding. His eyes were full of pain, and something sat in them. A silent cry for help.

'Who.. who..?!' Jonghyun 'asked as he fell on his knees next to the boy. He seemed like he was barely able to keep his eyes open. 

'Cathy..' he whispered and fell ahead, but Jonghyun caught him. Tears had gathered in his eyes as he stared at the hurt boy in his arms. He was already running inside, the only thing on his mind was that Key needed to survive. They boy was silent in the strong arms, the bleeding had stopped already, but he'd lost a lot of blood.

Jonghyun laid Key on their bed and begged him to be Ok. He had already called a doctor, telling him that Key was a Perfect, which he was. Key sniffed softly. He knew that his wound wasn't deadly, and of course, he healed a bit faster than humans, but he felt really tired at the moment. He could faintly recognize Jongyhun's tight grip on his hand as something or someone was sewing his wound up.

'They boy will be fine, don't worry, master. He is a demon, he heals faster than humans..' a gently voice was heard by the fluffy cat ears. Key opened his eyes and met a soft smiled. 'See? He'll be running around in no time.. ' the doctor added. Jonghyun nodded, but he was still holding Key's hand tightly. Not being able to do anything else, the doctor left.

Her beautiful, feline eyes glinted in the summer sun. 'He has grown so much..' she whispered.. She felt guilty for having to lie to her own son like that, but she couldn't do anything else. Her corpse that Kibum found was just a puppet. She didn't have any other choices though, she either left her 'perfect' life, or her son died.. All thanks to one cruel man..

Key smiled at Jonghyun as he sat up slowly. He felt much better after a few hours. 'I am sorry for making you worry.. 'he mumbled, his ears flattening to his head.

'Kibum. Don't be sorry, but please.. Don't make me worry again..' Jonghyun whispered and hugged Key gently. He was too close to losing him that way. He wasn't going to leave his kitten alone now.. Never again.