Truth- full chapter

Mistakes

AN: Well.. I got home yesterday and I wanted to update but I just couldn't keep my eyes open T.T At least I am a bit more awake now xD So.. comment and subscribe cause I have a 'surprise' for my faithful readers.. :3

 

Key sighed as he listened to his mother's explanation. As the woman spoke, he slowly closed his eyes, listening silently. He didn't know if he could trust her at all, but she was still his mother..

'I was young when it started. Your father and I had fallen in love when we were in about 11th grade. We were both Perfects, and just plainly teens. I had you a few years later. We were happy for years.. But then a man came. He hurt your father, making him a Mistake..'

​Key gasped silently. His father wasn't a Mistake, no, he couldn't be..

'He took you, baby and raised you.. Unwell, I think. Only because in the end, he could sell you. I had to fake my death with the help of the fugitives, to be able to be with your father. We were planning to take you as well, but then He noticed it. And he threatened us. If we tried to even write to you, he would kill you...'

​The woman was sobbing now. Key's eyes were full of tears as well. He just couldn't believe this.. Jonghyun pulled Key close, and hugged him tightly. 'It's OK now, Bummie.. You'll have your family back soon..' he smiled, but Key was still crying. He had lived in a lie since he was small. .He just couldn't believe it. He clung to Jonghyun, feeling totally helpless. He wanted to hug his mother, but he wasn't sure about anything anymore.

'U..umma.. Why.. why haven't you tried to call or..or anything?' he asked brokenly. His mother sighed as she looked up at him.

'Baby, I tried, but your 'maids' were the ones to pick it up.. He told them to always watch out for me..' Key sniffed and hugged his mother tightly, letting out a sorrowful giggle. 

'I.. I want to meet my father..' he mumbled as he pulled away but suddenly black spots swam into his vision. He could feel a sudden pain in his stomach. He gasped, falling back, but landing in strong, protective arms.

'Bummie?' Jonghyun asked worriedly, lying the boy on the bed. Key let out a small whimper, his ears flattening to his head.

'I..it hurts.. U..Umma.. J..Jongie..' he mumbled. His mother sighed shakily and pulled up his T-shirt, revealing a nasty cut. It should have been healed but it looked like it had gotten worse. She remembered Jonghyun saying that it was a scar only which was healed mostly. Gasping, he looked for something to clean the wound with.

'There might have been poison on the blade he was stabbed with..' she whispered, listening to her son's pitiful sniffs. He seemed to be in more pain then ever.

Jonghyun took Key's hand gently and rubbed his palm, whispering into his ears. 'It will be OK, kitten.. You'll be fine..' he promised. Key nodded slightly, closing his eyes.

'I know..' he smiled faintly as his mother had cleaned the cut and wrapped it up. 

'We have to find the knife that he had been stabbed by, there must be some leftover poison on it. 'The doctor said, worrying about her son. Jonghyun nodded and ran to the garden. Just as he expected, the knife was there. He ran back, holding it tightly.

As Key's mother inspected the poisoned blade, she sighed softly. 'Just as I suspected, it was poisoned. But fortunately, the poison only blocks his demon abilities - in healing so the wound will heal like a human's. ' she said and kissed her son's forehead. 'He'll be fine, I'm sure, but he needs a lot of rest.' Jonghyun nodded and smiled softly as he looked at the now sleeping boy's face. 

'Will you.. tell his father and call him?' he asked, playing with Key's hair gently. The boy's ears flickered slightly and he let out a soft purr.

'I will, but he should heal first. He might sleep for a long time, because the poison is effecting him now more than before. You have to try and give him some food and water, but let him sleep..' the woman said and Jonghyun nodded again.

'Of course. Anything for him..' he said a small smile on his lips.

'Well, I am leaving now, I'll come and check up on him, OK?' the woman said, smiling softly. Jonghyun nodded and kissed Key's forehead. The doctor left quickly, happy for knowing that her son had someone that loved him more than anything.

Soon Key woke up and looked around tiredly. Jonghyun was sitting near him, holding his hand tightly. 'Jongie.. 'he mumbled, his stomach letting out a soft growl.

'Oh Bummie, I am glad you're awake. I'll get some food for you, Ok?' the elder asked smiling. Key nodded and smiled thankfully. 

Jonghyun left and returned quickly with a plate full of fruits. Key smiled and ate some slowly. 'Thank you..' he mumbled after he was full. The other just nodded.

'It's OK, just get better soon..' Jonghyun replied, ruffling Key's hair. Once again, they felt content in their own little world where Perfects and Mistakes hadn't existed.