Ravnos

Vampire Prince

You jump at the sound of the crash.  You're confused at Aimi's command, but nod anyway and stand up.  'Wrap myself in his clothes...?  Why on earth..?'  You quickly run to Soohyun's wardrobe, throwing it open and yanking the first bunch of neatly-hung clothes you see off their hangers.  You throw them over yourself haphazardly, Soohyun's scent hanging on them.  You rush to the bed and crawl under it.  There is enough room for you to hide comfortably.


Aimi slowly peeks around the corner and sees three dark figures.  "H-hello?" she calls out to them.  All three jerk around to look at her.  The house is too dark for her to make out any of their faces.  They walk toward her and she backs away.
"This isn't her, what should we do?" one of them says.  "We should eat her," speaks another from the darkness, menacingly.  He steps forward and a sliver of moonlight falls across his face.  It has many scars and looks aged. Aimi takes another step back, only to be grabbed from behind by a fourth man.  She lets out a very loud shriek.


You jump as you hear Aimi scream, chills running through your body.  'What should I do?  I'm no match for vampires..' you're sure that's what they are.    


The scarred man approaches Aimi who is still being restrained.  He his canines and leans down to her.  "You smell good.." he speaks softly into her ear before sinking his teeth into her neck.  Aimi's eyes widen in shock.  Both men release her and she collapses to the floor.  She attempts to crawl away, but another man grabs her by the leg, pulling her back.  His nails cut into her skin and she screams in pain.  One of the men observing laughs as the others claw at her.  Blood begins to seep through her clothes.  "So good..." the scarred man says softly and begins to his lips. 


You hear Aimi's continuous screams of pain.  You don't want to just leave her there.  You crawl out from beneath the bed, letting Soohyun's clothes fall from your body.  You stand up, take a deep breath, and slowly creep to the door, resting your hand on the cold brass doorknob.


As the scarred man leans down to Aimi once again, this time for the kill, he freezes.  A new scent suddenly draws his attention.  The other men also react to it, baring their teeth and letting Aimi go.  She lies there on the floor, motionless.


You can't stand it any longer.  You throw open the door and step out, knowing it's suicide.  Your heart pounds in your ears, your adrenaline pumping.  You know it will be useless to try to sneak up on them.  You stand there in the hall, your feet planted securely on the wooden floor, and take a deep breath.  "Hey!  Leave her alone!"  Your voice trembles uncontrollably. 


Aimi looks up as soon as she hears ______ speak, her eyes bloodshot from crying.  The men turn to ______ at the sound of her voice.
"That's her, I can smell it," the scarred man speaks and the others nod.
"Don't touch her..." Aimi utters weakly from the ground.


You step back a few feet, even though you try hard to stand your ground.  "Soohyun.." you whisper, wishing he was there, terrified as they advance on you.  Your whole body trembles and your eyes grow wider. 


Aimi begins to speak desperately, trying to draw their attention. 


Suddenly, the air begins to thicken.  A figure appears behind you and you back into him.  'This is it, I'm going to die...' you think to yourself, terrified.  The figure places a hand on your shoulder, sending a warm sensation through you, and moves you aside, walking past you toward the intruders.
"Soohyun...?" you says breathlessly.  Your legs finally give way and you fall to the ground, shaking.
The men stop in their tracks, appearing to weaken.  "Grab the other girl and let's get out of here!" one yells.  Before they can leave, three others appear behind them, trapping them in the hallway.


Aimi lies in pain as someone bends down and picks her up.  "You're safe now," she hears Shin's voice whisper beside her ear.  "Just  hold on."  She falls unconscious.


"You're in my house," Soohyun speaks to the four intruders.  "This pisses me off!" now beginning to yell.  He walks toward them with a fast pace.


You watch, wide-eyed, as Soohyun begins to take control.  You remember Aimi and glance over to Shin, horrified at the amount of blood dripping from Aimi's limp form in his arms.  You realize that all of this is your fault.  If you hadn't been out so late the night before, then you wouldn't have missed the train....you wouldn't have had to walk home through the alley.  'No. No...no!!!' You are beginning to panic, scooting back on the floor, sobbing.  You feel light-headed.


Soohyun grabs the scarred man by the neck and lifts him against the wall, beginning to choke him.  "Why are you here?" he demands an answer while glaring at the other three.
"W-we were sent," one of the others replies, obviously intimidated.
"By whom?" Soohyun demands once more.
"The leader of Ravnos.." they reply.  Soohyun drops the man to the floor and leaves the rest to Isaac who approaches from the shadows.  "They're all yours, Father.." Soohyun says, walking past him toward ______.   "______.."  He kneels beside her, looking for injuries.  "Are you hurt?"  He moves the hair from her face.



By this time, tears are streaking your face and you're pressing yourself against the wall, your knees drawn up to your chest. All of your senses seem to be heightened, your breathing coming so hard now, that you are in danger of hyperventilation. 


Soohyun touches her face, only to feel that she is burning up.  "______, look at me."  He forces her to face him, his eyes fixed on hers.  "Listen to me, are you hurt?" he asks again, hoping for a reply.

 


You stare into his eyes, and suddenly feels comforted by their rich color.  You shake your head, a wave of dizziness washing over you.  You tilt slightly to the side. 


Soohyun lifts her into his arms and holds her, turning back to his father and the others.  He watches as Isaac kills all but the scarred man.  Their bodies thud to the floor.


You feel Soohyun's warm body against yours as you close your eyes from exhaustion.  A thought crosses your mind; 'Aren't vampires supposed to be cold..?'  All you know is that it feels nice.  The noises around you seem amplified as your exhausted mind attempts to process it all.  You groan softly.


Soohyun listens to what Isaac says to the remaining man, "It only takes one to relay a message."  He yanks the man up from the floor forcefully.  "Tell Yoora to keep her pawns away from this house and away from my clan, or I will come and kill her myself.  Now get out of my sight!" he orders, throwing him down the stairs.
Soohyun turns his gaze from Isaac to Shin who has Aimi in his arms.  There is a look of anguish upon Shin's face as he gazes at her bloodied body.


You open your eyes a crack and glance over to Aimi's motionless form, hoping she's alright.  "No...Aimi..." you squirm slightly in Soohyun's arms, tears stinging your eyes again.


Soohyun turns and carries her into his room, closing the door behind them.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey all!  I hope you enjoyed this chapter~ lol
I probably won't be able to update with chapter 9 until June 25-26. :S  Mianhae, hopefully see you soon~