First Kiss

Vampire Prince

The sound of fighting echoed through the forest.  It was slightly dark and the sun began to peek over the horizon.  Kanna's eyes roamed around the battlefield, eventually locating Soohyun.  He was standing over a body on the ground, along with Kuro.  Shin was holding Aimi, sheilding her eyes from the sight.

Kanna's eyes widened as she approached.  There, in front of her, was Isaac; lying on the ground, bloodied and battered.  Soohyun knelt down, tears running down his face.  "Father..." he whispered softly, grasping his hand.

An overwhelming sadness overtook Kanna.  'Soohyun...' Her eyes began to water as she sniffed. "Isn't there a way we can save him?!" she shouted in desperation.

Isaac began to cough up blood.  "This...this is the end for me.." he stuttered as he took a deep breath.  "Soohyun," his eyes turn to his son.  "My reign is over..."  He lifted his hand slowly, pulling back his shirt collar.  "But yours is about to begin..."

Suddenly, Kanna turned and jumped back as Tsubaki charged for her.  Her eyes snapped open.  Tears were running down her face and she felt warm.  "Soohyun!" she yelled without thinking.

Startled by the scream coming from Kanna's room, Soohyun quickly jumped from the couch to the door.  He ran down the hall and entered Kanna's room, discovering her sitting up, tears running down her cheeks and a horrified look on her face.  "Kanna..." he said softly as he approached her bed.  "What's happened?"  She looked at him with frightened eyes.  Breathing shallowly, she tried to quiet her pounding heart.  "It....it was just a dream..." her voice quivered.

Soohyun climbed onto the bed, sat on his knees in front of her and raised his hands, caressing her face softly.  His thumbs moved up and wiped away the tears being shed.  "I'm here..." he whispered softly, meeting her eyes.

She pulled away slightly, but only because she was embarrassed to be this close to him while she was in her pajamas in bed.  She glanced away from him.  Then, she was reminded painfully of the dream as the bloody image of Isaac flashed before her.  She met his eyes and drew her arms closer around herself.

Soohyun gazed into her eyes, trying to read her.  He scooted closer, bringing his face nearer to her.  "Kanna..." he said gently.  Glancing up, he thought about his next words.  'I can't..' his voice echoed in his head.  He smiled slightly as he looked back to Kanna, revealing his canines.

When she saw his teeth, she shuddered internally, briefly afraid.  But that fear soon vanished, and, even though her heart was still beating rather hard, she looked back at him, unwaveringly.  "Soohyun...." she whispered.  Slowly, she reached up and laid her hand on his cheek, her fingers almost grazing his parted lips.

His eyes flickered slightly, then went soft.  He moved in closer, their lips almost touching.  He moved one of his hands to her hair and cleared it from her face.  Their foreheads touched slightly.  Holding back, he said, "I-Is it alright..?" stuttering and trembling slightly.

She knew she was blushing, but she didn't care.  His closeness was overwhelming, and her eyes moved to his lips, the canines still slightly visible between them.  Before she could think about it, she nodded.

Soohyun's smile widened and his eyes met hers just before closing slightly.  Their lips met for a few seconds and then released.  He opened his eyes and looked at Kanna, but then felt overwhelmed and began kissing her again, only slightly rougher.  Gaining control of himself, he pulled away, releasing her.  "I'm...sorry..." the words barely escaped his quivering lips.

Kanna felt the heat rising in her body as he kissed her, and when he pulled away for the second time, she was slightly disappointed.  And she felt embarrassed that she was.
When he apologized, she touched his face again and made him look at her. Without saying anything, she slowly leaned forward and pressed her lips to his again, gently.

Surprised, Soohyun pulled Kanna closer to him and began kissing her between breaths.  "Kanna..." he whispered, before kissing her again, more passionately.  He moved his arms to her waist, holding her gently.

Kanna closed her eyes, receiving his passionate kisses willingly, and returning them.  She leaned back, little by little, until she found herself on her back, surrounded by pillows, with Soohyun supporting himself over her.  She moaned a little as she felt one of his canines graze her lip, but barely had the mind to feel embarrassed.

When the taste of her blood made itself known on his tongue, he stopped, pulling back slightly.  "Are you okay..?" he asked, concerned.

Kanna opened her eyes when he broke contact again and stared at him.  Then, she noticed the slight taste of blood in , and pressed her lips together.  "It doesn't hurt," she said truthfully, a little out of breath.  He pushed himself off of her, trying to endure the temptation.  When he looked down, he noticed that Kanna was in a very vulnerable position.  "Aish.."  He got off the bed, running a hand through his hair.

Kanna propped herself up on her elbow as she watched him move away.  Her heart was still pounding.

Soohyun leaned against the wall and slowly slid down, wrapping his arms around his knees.  "Too irresitable.." he muttered against his knees.  He looked up to Kanna, noticing that her shirt was pulled above her stomach.  'I went too far..' he thought, scolding himself.  "Are you seriously okay?" he asked her, scanning her body for any bites and noticing that her lip was still bleeding.

"I'm fine," she replied, giving him a small, embarrassed smile.  She touched her lip and on it to stop the bleeding.  She didn't think the cut had been that bad.  'It was worth it..' she thought, feeling a little warm as she remembered the sensation of kissing him.

He stood up and walked toward the door.  "You should get some more sleep.." he said, glancing back at Kanna who was staring at him with slight longing.  He hesitated and then turned and made his way to the armchair in front of the hearth.  "I'll be here...so if you have another dream, I'll be by your side," he said, feeling slightly more attached to her at this point.

She didn't know how she would sleep now, but she suddenly realized that she was starting to feel quite relaxed.  Slowly, she laid back down on the bed, rolling onto her side and pulling the soft blanket up, tucking it under her arm.

For the remainder of the night, Soohyun watched Kanna as she slept with tenderness.  'Is it too soon?' he thought, beginning to feel tired himself.

Kanna drifted in and out of a shallow sleep.  But she didn't mind; she felt at ease knowing that Soohyun was in the room.

As Soohyun observed her sleeping, he began to fall asleep, but caught himself.  Then, he stood up and walked to the bed.  'Is it okay..?' he thought to himself.  After a moment's pause, he climbed into the bed with Kanna and pulled her against him.

Kanna felt something warm wrap around her and she unconsciously snuggled closer.  Her mind calmed even further and she drifted into a deeper sleep.

Soohyun curled around Kanna, breathing on her neck slightly.  He slowly fell asleep for the first time in weeks.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you all like the new chapter~~~ We had fun with this one.... XD
Oh, and we have a facebook page where we post various stories that we've written - from this site and elsewhere. So, if you don't log onto here very often, or if you just want to follow our page, please do. (Click on the picture below to go to the page.) ^^