"You'll Be Safe."

Vampire Prince

Blackness.  Cold.  You shiver, your hair hanging around you.  The air is still, yet it feels as though the wind is caressing your pale skin, rustling your gown around your bare ankles.  Tears begin to well in your eyes as you hug your arms around yourself.  A pair of cold hands encircle you and you shiver again, goose bumps crawling across your bare arms.  'No... What do you want....?' you whisper, your eyes searching blindly in the darkness.  'What do I want..?'  A cold, bone-chilling laugh echoes around you, the arms encircling you tightening, and something cold and wet touching your neck.  'NO!!' you scream, and suddenly everything disappears, the crackling of a fire now audible.  Gasping, your eyes snap open, your face  and chest streaked with sweat.


Soohyun, sitting in his room, begins to think about ______.  He can smell her through the walls and it's everywhere on him.  He props his legs up on the window sill and stares out across the fields of stars.  Several minutes later, he hears footsteps out in the hall.  He gets up and walks out of his room.


You approach Soohyun's door slowly, your legs weak and your body cold from the sweat.  The wood floor creaks beneath your bare feet, sending more shivers through your body.  You aren't sure why you're going to Soohyun's room.  All you know is that you're scared.  You don't know what the dream meant, and you don't want to have another one.  The door to Soohyun's room opens before you and he steps out, looking at you.  You look up at him and before you know it, you're on the floor, shaking.


Soohyun quickly picks her up, carries her into his room, and sits her on his bed.  He walks to his fireplace and grabs a blanket lying in the chair beside it, and gently lays it over her shoulders.  "What's wrong?" he asks her, placing his arm around her.  "What happened?"


You feel yourself blush slightly at his gentleness, and look away from him toward the floor.  "I...it was a dream...but it was so real.. I was scared..."  You look up at him "Soohyun...I'm scared..."


The light of the fireplace reflects off the tears in her eyes and she clutches the blanket tighter around her self.  "Sleep in here," Soohyun says softly.  "You'll be safe."  He makes her lie down in his bed as he pulls the covers over her.  "It'll be okay, I'm here with you."  He touches her forehead.


You eye him warily, then close your eyes, feeling his gentle touch.  Suddenly, you feel heavy and your mind goes blank, the power of sleep taking you once again.  Just before you drift off, a single word comes to your lips, escaping in a whisper, "Soo...hyun...."


"Soo...hyun...."  He stares at her lips as she utters it, and waits calmly as she falls asleep before getting up from the edge of the bed and walking back over to his chair by the window, looking over the city.  Periodically, he glances back to her to make sure that she's sleeping well.  What he feels for her is different; she has this hold on him..  Though, of course, he already knows the reason.  He runs his hand through his hair as the night hours pass by.


You sleep soundly through the rest of the night.  When you awake the next morning, you open your eyes and notice that the curtains are shut tightly, the glow of the morning sun beyond blocked out.  You turn over and rub your forehead, taking a deep breath, feeling like your lungs need to be stretched.


Soohyun walks into his room, carrying a folded set of clothes, and notices ______ has awoken.  "Good morning, ______," he says to her.  "Are you hungry?"


You sit upright and run a hand through your hair as he enters, pulling your knees up to your chest, nodding in response to the mention of food, smiling slightly.


"We don't have any food that you're able to eat..." Soohyun admits.  "But there is someone who will take you out for me.."  He sets the clothes on the bed and asks her to get dressed and meet him downstairs when she's ready.  He walks out of the room and down the stairs to a girl standing in the front hall by the door.  "Think you could do me a favor?"  He explains to her what he needs.


After Soohyun leaves, you get out of bed and unfold the pile of clothes.  You step out of your nightgown and put on the long skirt, t-shirt and hoodie, then your shoes, which you realize Soohyun must have brought from your room.  You walk to the door and step out into the hallway, making your way down the large grand staircase, noticing that the whole house is out.  Suddenly, you notice a girl standing at the bottom of the staircase.  "Hi!  I'm Aimi!" the girl says, running up to you.  "Shhh, please don't wake the others," Soohyun semi-whispers to Aimi.  Aimi quickly nods back.  "Shall we go?"
Soohyun begins to walk back up the grand staircase.  Aimi opens the door and offers to let you go first.  You nod at her and smile before glancing back at Soohyun.  You feel a tug on your arm and turn back to Aimi, walking out the door, which she closes behind you.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I realize this chapter is shorter than the others, but I try to end and begin each chapter in a way that makes sense. ^^;  Thank you so much for reading, I honestly didn't think anyone would read this besides a couple of friends. haha.~

I'll try to update as often as possible, sometimes I'm just not in the mood or can't think straight. >~<'  Bear with me, neh~?