"Ask Me to Stay By Your Side.."

Vampire Prince

 

It was slightly chilly, and as they walked out of the restaurant, Soohyun took off his jacket and laid it over Kanna's shoulders.  "Don't catch a cold.."  He smiled handsomely as he grabbed her hand and began walking down the street.  "Want to go shopping?" he asked, approaching a shopping center.
 
She smiled to herself and pulled his jacket closer around her shoulders.  "Oh," she said, looking up, wondering what he meant.  "Shopping for what?"
 
"Groceries," he replied, glancing down at her, "so you're able to eat comfortably at home."  He pulled her along.  "Buy whatever you need."
 
They entered the store.  It was large and roomy.  Because it was so late, there was nobody inside but a lonely cashier standing upfront the greet them.  Soohyun stared at the cashier cautiously.
 
Kanna was glad that she would be able to make her own food again.  She liked eating out, but she didn't want to be an inconvenience.  She went through the store, grabbing the essentials and tossing them into the basket that Soohyun was holding for her.  As he followed her around the store, his gaze wandered aimlessly.  He had never been in a grocery store before, so all these new sights intrigued him.
 
Once Kanna had finished her shopping, she and Soohyun made their way to the front of the store to the checkout line.  As Soohyun finished placing the items on the belt, he glanced up, noticing something odd about the cashier and glared at her agressively.  He grabbed Kanna's hand and pulled her behind him.
 
Kanna looked up at him in surprise.  "Yah.." she gently tried to push him away, glancing at the cashier in embarrassment.  The cashier smirked at the two of them, her eyes sparkling.  Soohyun continued to glare at the cashier.  She finished ringing the items up, her eyes never leaving the couple.
 
Soohyun gathered the bags in one hand and paid with the other.  After leaving the store, his guard decreased, and he allowed a little room between himself and Kanna.
 
"What's wrong..?" Kanna asked, noticing his slight agitation.
 
Soohyun hurried down the street, ignoring Kanna's question.  He led her safely into an alleyway before speaking.  "She was a vampire..." he said softly, placing a hand on her arm protectively.
 
"There are vampires in public places like that?" she replied.  "But- I had no idea that they were just...living and...working around humans like that.."
 
Soohyun frowned slightly.  "There are more than you think..."  He unconsciously tightened his grip on her arm.
 
Kanna looked up at him and then to the groceries in his hand.  "We should get back.." she said quietly.
 
Soohyun let go of her and nodded in agreement.  "Sure.."  They walked silently through the city and back up the road leading to the mansion.
 
All the way home, Kanna's mind was occupied with what Soohyun had said at dinner.  She wondered how much she still had to discover about herself.  Before long, they were walking up the pathway toward the darkened porch.
 
As they made their way up the stairs and into the house, Soohyun contemplated breaking the silence, but could tell that Kanna was in her own world of thought and left her alone.
 
The house was quiet and he hadn't see anyone since the previous night's ordeal.
 
They made their way to the kitchen and set the groceries on the counter.  Soohyun sat at the table and watched as Kanna put away the items.  When she was finished, she washed her hands at the kitchen sink, still partly lost in thought.
 
"What are you thinking about?" Soohyun finally said, motioning for her to sit across from him. He watched intently as she made her way to the table.
 
She took the seat opposite him at the table and folded her hands in her lap, looking down.  "Just...about what you said earlier.."
 
"What about it?" he questioned, confused on what there was to think about.  "I told you, I won't allow it, and it will never happen to you..." he said, getting slightly agitated again.
 
"But, it's supposed to be who I am.." she started.  "The thought of it scares me...but it's already inside me.."  She clenched her hands together.
 
He slammed his hands down on the table in frustration.  "You don't have to be the one!" he shouted, standing up and turning away from her, leaning his shoulder against the wall.  "You can just walk away...and pretend that none of this ever happened..." he paused for a second, trying to regain his composure.  "You can escape from this life, Kanna," he finished as he turned back to face her.
 
She stared at him, slightly shocked at his reaction.  There were a few moments of silence before she spoke warily, trying to stay calm, "How can I escape now that I know this world?"
 
Soohyun smirked slightly.  "Ask me..."  He took a deep breath and calmed his voice.  "Ask me to stay by your side."  Shaking his head, he sat back down and buried his head into his arms.  He knew the only way to save her was for him to be with her all the time.
 
She only looked at him, not knowing exactly how to respond.  After a few moments of rather awkward silence, she stood up from her seat, walked to the cupboard and retrieved a glass, which she filled with tap water.  She drank half of it in one breath.
 
Soohyun sat up partially and ran his fingers through his hair.  He stood up as Kanna lowered the glass and slowly walked up behind her.  "Kanna.." he whispered, "please..."  He was desperate to keep her safe.
 
She placed the glass down on the counter.  "You don't have to worry.  I'm not planning on drinking anyone's blood.." she mumbled.
 
Soohyun smiled reluctantly and wrapped his arms around her, hugging her from behind.  "Thank you..." he whispered in her ear.  'Thank you...'
 
She felt her body growing warm again at his embrace and contemplated pulling away, but was too comforted by his touch.  She swallowed, trying to focus her mind elsewhere.
 
Suddenly, Kuro walked into the kitchen.  "Uh...hey.."  He raised his hand awkwardly, staring at Kanna and Soohyun.
 
Kanna reached for her glass of water again and took another drink, turning away from Kuro, attempting to hide her embarrassment.
 
Soohyun waved at Kuro.  "How are you feeling?"  His eyes fixed on the bandage around Kuro's neck where Tsubaki had drank.
 
"Terrible," he replied, his voice had become rough and scratchy.  "I feel so tired."  He leaned against the door frame, looking from Soohyun to Kanna.
 
After finishing the rest of her water, Kanna placed her glass in the sink and wondered if Kuro was thinking about what she and Soohyun might have been doing.  That was the second time he had walked in on them being intimate.
 
Kuro winced in pain as he stretched his neck muscles.  "Man, that guy messed me up pretty bad..."  He reached up and touched the bandage.
 
 
Soohyun nodded in agreement with Kuro.  "Seems so.."
 
Kuro raised his eyes and met Soohyun's.  "You two are so obvious..." he stated, smirking and walking back out of the room.
 
 
Kanna glanced up at Soohyun out of the corner of her eye and noticed that he looked just as awkward as she felt.  They stood in silence before Soohyun made his departure as well.
 
Soohyun walked toward the stairs, glancing back toward the kitchen before continuing up them.  His mind was silent as he made his way to his room.  Entering, he attempted to close the door, but it failed to latch, leaving it open a crack.  "Aish..." he grunted, not bothering to close it properly.  He went over to his bed and laid down, sighing as he hit the pillow.  'Kanna... why are you so stubborn...'
 
Kanna remained in the kitchen, alone, for a while.  The mansion was a little creepy without anyone around, and she wondered where everyone was since it was still night.  After a while, she got bored and decided to just go to her room.  She took her time walking up the grand staircase, thinking about the day's events.
 
As she passed Soohyun's room, she noticed that the door was ajar.  Curiously, she crept to the opening and peered inside.  She saw him lying on his bed, motionless, and she couldn't see his face.  'Is he asleep..?' she wondered.
 
'The taste of her blood...' he thought to himself as he lay on his bed.  'I can still taste it...'   He opened his eyes slowly, smelling Kanna's scent.  "Yes?" he said, sounding tired.  He waited for her to step into the room.
 
She pushed the door open a little more and entered.  She slowly walked to the bed, looking at Soohyun.  "Are...you okay?" she asked.
 
He sat up slowly, feeling slightly dizzy.  "Yeah.." he said, smiling softly, "I'm fine."  He brushed away the hair in his face.  "What about you?  I must've frightened you earlier."  His eyes followed her as she slowly walked toward him.
 
She shook her head, the expression on her face soft and kind.  "You didn't."  She paused beside the foot of the bed, then perched herself on its edge.
 
Soohyun thought for a few moments, letting his eyes wander around the room.  "You're always in my thoughts..." he said softly, his eyes meeting Kanna's.  "No matter what I do, you're always there.."  He paused, deciding whether to continue his thought.  "The night you ran away...I heard you scream my name..." He leaned against the headboard.  "I thought I had lost you..."
 
She stared at him, stunned at his sudden forwardness.  "I-..." she started to reply, but nothing else came out.  Suddenly, her heart began pounding a little harder and she averted her eyes from him, trying to hide her embarrassment.
 
His eyes closed for a second as he sighed.  He leaned forward on his knees so that he could see her face.  He slowly moved toward her, getting closer and closer.  Soon, his breath was brushing over Kanna's skin.  The feeling sent tiny goosebumps across her skin, and she trembled very slightly, keeping her eyes on her hands, or the floor, trying to distract herself.
 
Soohyun's lips were but a few centimeters from Kanna's.  He waited for a few moments and then pressed his lips against hers softly.  He closed his eyes.  The feeling of kissing her was almost overwhelming.
 
Kanna's mind froze when their lips met, and all she could feel was him and her heart pounding against her chest.  She closed her eyes as well, savoring the sensation.  It was like they had never kissed before.  She tried not to moan, but it was difficult.  'Why...why does it feel this way..?  Soohyun...'
 
Soohyun slowly pulled away, luring her toward him.  He smiled seductively and stared at her with lovestruck eyes.  He bit his lip softly, enticing her with his eyes.  "Kanna..." he whispered, barely making a sound.
 
Kanna leaned toward him a little as she felt him pull away, chills running through her as he whispered her name.  She reached up and laid a hand on his arm, gripping his shirt softly.
 
Soohyun kissed her again, just as softly as before.  He leaned further back, propping himself on his elbows as they continued to kiss, him biting her lovingly.  He smiled as she jumped slightly at the pinch.
 
She followed his lead, crawling over him as he laid back.  She felt like she was completely under his spell, his scent surrounding her.  She moved her hand across his chest, feeling the muscles beneath his shirt.
 
Lying down completely, he brought his hands up to her warm body.  He grabbed her legs and moved them up forcefully, until she was straddling his stomach, causing her to hunch over to kiss him.  Her hair fell around her face as their kissing became more fervent.
 
Her body radiated heat as she found herself in this new position, and she couldn't stop a small sigh from escaping .  Immediately, she blushed, hesitating ever so slightly in the midst of the kiss.
 
Soohyun heard her soft sigh and smiled.  It only made him kiss her deeper.  He ran his hands up her back, lifting her shirt slowly.  Her soft skin made his hands tingle.  The thought ran through his head, 'I don't know if I'll be able to control myself much longer...' 
 
She squirmed a little as he ran his hand up her back and exposed her skin.  She broke contact with him briefly, trying to catch her breath.  "Soohyun... ah...."
 
At the sound of her voice, he came out of his trance and allowed her to pull away.  "Do you want me to stop?" he asked, slightly out of breath.  He moved his hand out of her shirt and down the outline of her body.
 
She didn't know how to answer him.  She didn't want this feeling to end, but she didn't necessarily want to take the next step yet.  She moved her gaze from his eyes to his lips, caressing his neck and cheek lightly with her fingertips.
 
Soohyun kissed her one last time before pulling his arms back behind his head.  He looked down and saw that his shirt was slightly ed, revealing his chest.  He listened carefully to Kanna's breathing, trying to match it, and stared at her as she laid her head on his chest.
 
Her heart was racing a mile a minute as she gradually came down from the high.  She absentmindedly traced her finger across his shirt, still straddling him, and listened to his heartbeat.
 
Soohyun's pulse eventually returned to normal.  He poked at his canines with his tongue as he thought about the day's events.  "Are you okay..?" he asked softly as he began playing with her hair.  He moved it from her face and behind her ear, waiting for an answer, and closed his eyes.
 
Kanna sighed against his chest.  "Mhm.." she hummed softly.  His gentle caress was relaxing.
 
Soohyun matched Kanna's breathing perfectly.  He held her gently and pulled her closer, noticing that she was sleeping soundly.  He smiled, revealing his canines fully.  He felt himself getting weak from hunger, but ignored the feeling.  All that mattered was Kanna.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WOO! Long chapter! XD