Answers

Vampire Prince

The man kneeling beside Soohyun stands and turns to you.  "Come with me," he says softly, escorting you to the kitchen, leaving Soohyun alone to rest.  You avert your gaze from his silent form on the couch and allow yourself to be led away by the man.  "W-will he be alright..?" you stutter slightly, still getting over the shock of what had just transpired.  "He'll be fine, but he will need to feed tonight.."  Once in the kitchen, the man grabs a kettle from a shelf and then reaches into a cupboard.  "Tea?" he offers, pulling out a tea bag and filling the kettle at the sink.  He walks to the stove and places it on a burner.  "Thankfully, I woke up early, or I fear what kind shape he could be in by now."  He smiles at you.  "By the way, my name is George."  He said his name with a slight French accent.  He appears to be in his forties.
"Um, no thank you, I just ate," you reply to his tea offer, smiling slightly.  "Nice to meet you, I'm ______."  George replies with a chuckle, "I already know you, everyone in the house speaks about you."
You blush slightly and watch him as he begins to prepare the tea, while puzzling over what he had said before.  "Um... Feed..?" you speak in a small voice.  "On...what exactly?  You're not going to...." you hesitate for a second before continuing, "kill anybody...are you?"  He turns to smile at you.  "The stories you hear about vampires aren't all completely true.  Yes, they do exist, but they don't all feed on human blood."  He pauses to pour the brewed tea into a cup.  "Soohyun is special to this clan.  He drinks the blood of lower class vampires."  He takes a drink.
You pause to think before responding.  "Wait...so, you mean he will have to find more vampires..?  How many more are there?  And how will he know where they are?  There are so many people in the city..."
"Up until this point, he's had his father and brothers hunt for him.  Soon, he will need to find his own blood, or he is likely to turn on humans."  George finishes his tea, but continues to speak.  "Vampires like Soohyun have a sense that allows them to find other vampires.  Almost like bats use echo-location."  He sits down at the table, inviting you to do the same.
"Oh...I see."  You walk over to the table and sit across from George, folding your hands in your lap.  "Um..." you hesitate before continuing, hoping that what you're about to ask won't be too much, though you feel that George will be willing to answer your questions.  "Soohyun told me that I'm...special.  That I can 'control the families.'  What did he mean by that?"
"Did he now?"  George pours himself another cup of tea.  "Over 400 years ago, when vampires first appeared, there was a young woman by the name of Hitomi.  She was human, but lived among vampires.  The head of the main clan that existed at the time had fallen in love with Hitomi.."  He pauses, sipping his tea, and dabs at his mouth with a napkin.  "She demanded from him control over the clan.  He, being in love with her, agreed.  From there, they lived together, him being her slave along with the rest of the vampire race.  She later died, and he died along with her.  Despite being treated like a dog, he was still in love with her."  George sets his empty teacup on the table and leans back in his chair.
You listen intently, and contemplate what he said, staring at the table top.  'So...does that mean I'm her descendant or something..?  But I don't feel special, and I had never even heard of the existence of vampires until last night..'
"Understand that Isaac is not going to be living much longer.  I'm sure you think that vampires live for eternity; that is false.  They live lives similar to humans; some longer, some shorter.  It all depends on their lifestyle.  As for the heads of the clans, they rule for as long as is necessary.  Usually until they have a son or daughter who is capable of stepping in.  In Isaac's case, his reign is coming to an end."  George's head turns to look out into the sitting room where Soohyun appears to be sleeping soundly.  "Soohyun is the one to take his place.  In order for that to happen, he must be trained and taught in the proper way.  And finally, at the end, he must drink Isaac's blood."
At his last statement, your head snaps up to look at him.  "What?  But that's horrible!  They seem so close...  Aren't they both dreading it..?"
"Of course they are close, they are father and son.  And this is how it has been done for years.  I come from a family that passes these stories down through the generations."  He gives you a slight, crooked smile.  "If you really are a descendant of Hitomi, I figure, from studying the legend, that Soohyun will fall in love with you."
Your face turns a light shade of red in the glow of the kitchen lights.  "He'll...what...?"  George chuckles.  You look away from him.  You had never even considered it a possibility.  Of course, Soohyun had saved you and acted very kind to you, even letting you sleep in his room....in his bed...  But fall in love?  You're speechless.
"It's shocking, but maybe you will be the one to rule the vampire clan," George chuckles more and smiles at you.  "I need to finish some chores.  My room is right in there," he points to a small hallway off of the sitting room.  "So if you ever need anything, feel free to ask."  He stands up and takes his teacup to the sink.  "I'm usually there or out in the greenhouse."  He walks out of the kitchen and disappears.
You stand up and thank him with a smile, and then you are left alone, deep in thought, sitting back down at the table.  You glance toward the sitting room where Soohyun is lying, still and silent.  'Fall in love with me..?  But how could he?  I'm just a normal girl.  And me, rule the vampire clan?  Not possible!'  Your mind is going crazy.  You touch your face and notice that it's warm.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, guys!  I know there's not a lot that happens in this chapter, but I'm trying to pace out the information that's revealed.  I figured there were enough things that were answered in this chapter already. haha. ^^;