Feeling Weak

Vampire Prince

Soon after, Kanna drifted into a deep slumber.

Then, she opened her eyes and found herself standing on the edge of a forest with the night surrounding her. Looking around, an ominous feeling grew in the pit of her stomach. She looked down and noticed that she was wearing a white dress that fell just below her knees. She felt the cold, wet grass between her toes.

Suddenly, the sound heavy breathing came from behind her and before she could fully react, a pair of strong arms encircled her waist and pinned her arms to her side. Gasping, she struggled against the tight grip.

"I've found you," a husky male voice whispered into her ear. "You ran before I could taste you..." The voice sent chills through Kanna's body, causing her to shiver, and she began to sob.

"Please...." She spoke softly trying to calm herself.

"Shh, It will feel wonderful..." he spoke once more before moving an arm up and pushing her hair to one side. 

As she felt the man's cold, sharp canines pierce her neck, she screamed out in agony.

Her eyes shot open and she gasped for breath, looking around frantically while completely dazed.

Soohyun jumped at the sound of her screaming. "Kanna!" he shouted into her ear as the wailing continued. "Yah!" He grabbed ahold of her and began to console her. "I'm here," he whispered into her ear as she began crying. "I'm right here..." His voice was weak and fragile as he spoke tenderly.

Kanna clung to Soohyun desperately, trying to make sure that what she had just experience wasn't reality. She lifted her hand to her neck, almost expecting there to be blood, but instead, there was just sweat.

Soohyun pulled himself up against the headboard of the bed. Kanna laid her head on his lap as he mindlessly traced his fingers across her face. "Go back to sleep, I'm right here." His eyes fixated on the fire in the hearth. Throughout the night, Soohyun was unable to rest and his eyes had faded into a dark redish color. Wary of his condition, he kept a close watch on his sanity and self-control.

After a few hours of lying in bed with Kanna, Soohyun slowly slid from under the covers onto the floor, trying not to wake her. When he stood up straight, he made his way to the large window. He drew the curtain back slightly, and revealed multiple rays of sunlight. Quickly dropping the drape, he became extremely dizzy and collapsed in the corner. He started panting, trying to gain his balance. 

Kanna awoke, slightly startled. She quickly noticed Soohyun wasn't beside her. "Soohyun?" she spoke up. Her voice rattled. Her eyes scanned the dark room for him. She noticed a quivering figure in the corner of the room. She saw that it was Soohyun and climbed out of the bed to rush over to him.

Soohyun glanced up, unable to see Kanna clearly. His eyes were now extremely pale. His breathing calmed as she spoke to him.

“W-what’s happening?” Kanna asked, her eyes filled with worry. She kelt down and met his gaze.

Soohyun felt comforted by the sound of her voice. “I’m just feeling a little weak, its nothing,” he tried to reassure her. She could tell that he was covering up his pain, but she nodded and sat down next to him. 

Soohyun worked out a smile and changed the subject. “How did you sleep the rest of the night?”

“Better than before,” Kanna replied.

“I suppose,” he said. “Are you hungry? I’d like to see you cook.”

“I guess I could cook, my stomach is growling a little.” Kanna cracked a smile and stood up, then reached out her hand, offering it to him. “Let me help you...”

Soohyun grasped her hand and stood up. Feeling slightly dizzy, he supported himself on the wall. “I’m alright,” he reassured her.

She nodded and walked over to the wardrobe and opened it. Searching through the closet, she grabbed a change of clothes and turned to face Soohyun. He bowed slightly and turned to leave the room. Once he was out, he staggered down the hall, holding his head. “Not now….”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long time no see. Lunchlady here, attempting to finish the story for the readers who are still interested. Its been almost a year I think... I'm very sorry we weren't able to update. there have been some problems and such. Enjoy.