Kuro and Shin

Vampire Prince

Soohyun slowly sits up and leans over, rubbing his face.  The burns have fully healed and his skin has returned to its normal tone, but he still feels weak.  He gets up and slowly walks toward the kitchen, but doesn't go in, avoiding the sunlight peeking through the crack in the curtains.  "______..." he speaks her name, barely audible, looking at her through his hair.

You are sitting with your head bowed, thinking, when you notice movement in the doorway.  You look up and see Soohyun standing there; he hadn't made a sound.  "Soohyun..." you mutter quietly, shifting in your seat.  You don't know what to think of him, he looks slightly frightening....yet still, so handsome.  You can't get your mind off what George had told you.

"Soohyun," Isaac appears, addressing him, walking toward the kitchen.  "Tonight is your night, control yourself until then."  He speaks with a dominant tone.  Behind him walk four other men, all rather tall, just like Soohyun.
Soohyun's eyes jerk to his father and the men behind him.  He suddenly falls to his knees, no strength left to keep himself up anymore.  "Don't go this long without feeding again," one of the other young men says to him.


You watch as the men come toward you and Soohyun, and stand up quickly from your seat as you see him fall, concern written across your face.


Soohyun looks up at ______ and shakes his head, trying to focus.  "I'm sorry.." he mutters under his breath.


Isaac brings Soohyun to his feet and walks him toward the staircase.  "You'll see him later tonight," Isaac says, looking back at you.  "You two stay with her," he addresses two of the other men with him.  "And please, control yourselves."  He smiles with a hint of a chuckle, and calls the other two men to follow him, while supporting Soohyun.

You watch them retreat upstairs, then look at the two men left standing in front of you.  The atmosphere in the room is extremely awkward, intensified by what Isaac had just said, 'Please control yourselves.'  You definitely don't feel safe at all.

The two men stand there, one looking at you, and the other letting his eyes travel around the room before speaking.  "So you're the girl that Father has been talking about."  He pauses as his eyes scan her.  "You're kind of puny," he laughs slightly.  The other man nudges him, "Kuro, must you be so rude?"  He looks back at you softly.  "I'm Shin, and this is Kuro," he smiles.
You smile nervously back at him, finding yourself glancing at the staircase every so often.  When will you see Soohyun again, and will you be able to talk to him?  You wonder if he's still in pain.

Shin continues, "Welcome to our house."  He smiles brightly, revealing his slightly sharp canines.
Suddenly, you hear the front door slam, and before any of you are able to react, a figure jumps on Shin's back.
"Shin!" Aimi squeals, giggling happily.
Shin stumbles as she leaps onto him.  "Hi, Aimi," he replies shyly and blushes.
You smile at the sight of Aimi's familiar face.  "Aimi!  I didn't think you would be back so soon."
Kuro looks at Aimi and smirks.  "Hey, Aimi." He raises his hand in a semi-salute.
"Oh, hi Kuro," Aimi replies with a hint of annoyance, then turns to you.  "I got out early," she pauses briefly and then continues, "and I just had to come and see Shin!"  She pinches Shin's cheeks, causing him to blush more.  He rolls his eyes.

"Where's Soohyun?" She asks suddenly, letting Shin go.
"He's upstairs with Isaac," you reply,  "He's....sick..."  though, you aren't exactly sure what to call it.
"Sick?"  Aimi seems worried.  "Maybe I should go check on him.."  Kuro shrugs and motions for Shin to follow him as he walks passed the stairs into the library.
"Are you sure it's okay?" you ask hesitantly.  "Isaac sounded like he didn't want anyone near Soohyun..."  You're concerned about the state he was in.
"Let's go."  Aimi smiled, "He won't hurt us."  She grabs your hand, pulling you alongside her.
You follow Aimi upstairs, walking hastily behind her.  'He won't hurt us.'  That statement gave you chills.  'Why would he hurt us..?'  You hope that Aimi is right, but somehow, you aren't too worried.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I realize this chapter is shorter, but I had to end it so that chapter 7 can have some....good stuff that I'm pretty sure you've all been waiting for. XD haha.

By the way, UPDATE NOTICE!  As of June 21, 2012 (today), I've revised part of chapter 1, making it a little more in depth with atmosphere and emotions, and some other important things. lol  Just thought I'd let you all know~

 

Once again, thank you SOOO much for reading, and I enjoy reading your comments. (; lol