Aimi's Blood

Vampire Prince

 

Shin's POV
 
 
"No....please!  I..."
 
The man's strangled cries echo between the walls of the alley.  He soon becomes silent and Soohyun drops his limp body to the ground, wiping his lips.  The man is still breathing, his open mouth revealing his glinting canines in the moonlight.
 
I look at Kuro and nod as Soohyun steps back, leaning against a wall.  Kuro and I approach the man on the ground, each taking one of his arms, and drag him to a wall, propping him against it.  I stand up straight and look at Soohyun.  "He'll be fine, just needs to rest," I tell him reassuringly, knowing that he doesn't like to kill.  Suddenly, he doubles over, clutching his head, his eyes widening.  
 
"Soohyun, what's wrong??" I exclaim, concerned, hurrying to him and trying to help him to his feet.
 
"I....It's ______...." he replies, his voice low, with a calm undertone like he's in shock.
 
"What?  ______??  What do you mean?  What happened?" I urge him to tell me.  Kuro approaches us, speaking calmly, trying to hide the urgency in his voice, "What's going on?"
 
Soohyun raises his head, looking at us slowly, fear in his eyes.  I've never seen him quite like this.  He speaks, his voice trembling, "I heard her scream..."  He suddenly turns around, almost as if in a trance, and runs back in the direction of the mansion.  Kuro and I glance at each other very briefly in confusion, and then hurry after him, trying to keep up.
 
"Hey man, seriously, wait up!" Kuro yells ahead as Soohyun gets further and further away.  Something must really be wrong to make him so desperate to get home.
 
 
 
 
When we reach the mansion, I see Soohyun slow his pace slightly, as if hesitating, before leaping up to a third story window.
 
I run with Kuro to the front door, finding it ajar.  We are about to enter when a strong scent hit us, stopping us in our path.  'Blood..'  My heart beat quickens, fearing the worst.  I step through the open door with Kuro at my side, and quickly hurry up the stairs.
 
I stop at the top of the stairs on the third floor, spotting Soohyun facing off against four tall, dark figures.  My eyes travel to ______, who collapses, panic-stricken, beside Soohyun.  Then my eyes fall on a small, bloodied form on the floor.  Even in the shadows, I can tell immediately that it's Aimi.  'Aimi....Aimi's blood...'  Fear and panic strike my core as I stare at her.  At first, I can't move, but then I feel Kuro's hand on my shoulder and I turn to look at him.  He nods solemnly at me and I swallow, quickly walking over to Aimi.
 
I bend down and slip my arms underneath her as she moans in pain.  Bringing her up to rest against my chest, I whisper gently, "You're safe now, just  hold on."  I see her eyes roaming in the shadows, searching for my face, before she closes them and becomes completely limp in my arms.  I stare at her for a moment, my heart skipping a beat.  'Is she dead...?'  I'm not sure if I want an answer to that question.  "Come on, Aimi..."  I beg, breathing the words so that only she will be able to hear them.
 
I barely pay attention as Soohyun confronts the intruders.  My attention is focused on Aimi and her wounds.  I hold her against my chest and I can feel her pulse, though it's erratic.  Her breath is shallow and faint.  Blood continues to drip from her neck, and I try to shift her weight and press my shoulder against the wound to stop the bleeding.  My vision begins to blur and I shake my head, blinking.  'Now's not the time..' I tell myself.  I have to stay focused.
 
Suddenly, I feel another hand on my shoulder and I snap out of my thoughts, looking up at the person standing beside me.  George is looking at me kindly with concern written on his face.  I look around the hallway and see that all of the intruders now lay on the floor, dead.  I mentally count the bodies, and notice that there are only three.  I also see that Soohyun and ______ are gone.  While I process all of this, George speaks, "Come, she needs treatment.."  I nod and make my legs move, walking toward my room.
 
I lay Aimi on my bed, ignoring the the blood starting to soak into the sheets.  I hear Kuro's voice as the door closes, "How bad is it..?"  George replies in a soft but serious tone, "I won't know until I've checked her wounds.  But right now, it's not looking too good.."
 
I move aside as George takes my place beside the bed, bending down toward Aimi.  "Kuro.." he says, gesturing to him.  Kuro steps forward, carrying a tray of bandages, a cloth and a bottle of antiseptic.  He sets the tray on the night stand beside George and steps back, giving him room to work.  "Give her a little privacy, please," George addresses us, and I walk to the other side of the room with Kuro, turning away from the bed.
 
 
 
 
As the minutes pass, I pace back and forth, tears threatening to escape from my eyes.  "Shin.." Kuro's voice breaks into my consciousness.  I turn to him, rubbing my face, afraid to show him my emotions.  "Sit down, you're going to break the floor."  I give him an irritated look and ignore him, walking to the bed.  George glances up at me briefly as he wraps the last bandage around Aimi's arm and pulls a blanket up to her waist.  The only blood that's visible now is what's on the sheets.  Her clothes lay in shreds on the floor and bandages cover her body.
 
George stands and walks over to Kuro, gesturing for me to follow him.  I do so, reluctantly pulling myself away from Aimi.
 
"What's the verdict?" Kuro asks as George and I stand beside him.  George sighs and responds, looking between the both of us, "I did what I could, but...." he pauses, averting his eyes from mine.  I can feel my heart almost stop for a moment.  "She's not going to survive."
 
I speak, my voice feeling choked, "There's....nothing else you can do..?"  I glance over to the bed where Aimi lies, her chest barely rising with each breath.
 
George replies after a short pause, "There is one thing..."  He takes a seat in the closest armchair and continues, "Turn her."
 
I stare at him in shock, my jaw slacking.  I turned to Kuro, who looks almost as stunned as I feel.  "T-turn her...?" the words somehow sound so foreign as I say them.  'Aimi as a.....as one of us..?'
 
"Before we make any rash decisions, we all need to talk about this," George says and turns to Kuro.  "Go get Soohyun.  He needs to know about this."  Kuro nods and quickly leaves the room.
 
I turn and make my way slowly to the bed, sitting down carefully on the edge, gazing at Aimi's face.  She looks strangely peaceful.  "Aimi...." I say, barely above a whisper.  I close my eyes, a tear escaping down my cheek.  
"S...Shin..."  My eyes snap open at the sound of my name.  I lean closer to Aimi, wondering if it was my imagination.  Her lips tremble ever so slightly, and her eyes open to slits, staring blankly at the ceiling.
 
"Aimi...."
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey everybody!  I'm really sorry for making you all wait for each new chapter. :(  We haven't been able to write a lot lately.. T^T  I hope you'll all bear with us and be patient. >~<
(Oh, and just in case you didn't read the little character profiles in the description, Shin and Kuro are brothers. lol)
 
I've been thinking of some new story ideas to start working on during the times that we can't work on this.....but I'm still not sure about details.  I would hate to start something that I can't finish. >__<
 
Anyway, thank you SO MUCH for reading! :)
~