Over the Edge

Vampire Prince

The sun is setting rather quickly - the sooner the better in the world of a vampire - casting an orange glow through the curtain at the end of the hallway.  Shadows of tiny snowflakes are visible beyond as they begin to fall from the sky.
You and Aimi make your way down the hall.  When you arrive at Kyo's door, you hear talking, "Soon, you'll be able to feed," Isaac's voice broke the silence.  "I'm going to leave you be until it's safe to hunt."  You hear footsteps approaching the door.  "We need to hide!" Aimi whispers suddenly.  She grabs your arm and pulls you around a corner.  Stifling a yelp, you whisper  in her ear, "I thought you said he won't hurt us?"  You are more confused than ever now.
"He won't, I just wanna see Soohyun."  Aimi smiles slightly.  Isaac leaves Soohyun's room, latching the door, and walks down the hall to the stairs, passing by without noticing you.


Aimi lets go of ______'s arm and walks to Soohyun's door.  She cracks it open and sees him sitting, hunched over on his bed, with his back toward them.  She enters, speaking softly, "Soohyun?"


You watch as Aimi walks through the door before following her slowly.  You pause in the doorway, looking at Soohyun, and your heart skips a beat.  Though you can't see his face, you can tell he is extremely fatigued.  He begins to turn his head to look at you, and you quickly averts your eyes.


Soohyun turns his head toward Aimi, but quickly sets his gaze on ______.
Aimi speaks up, "Soohyun, are you al--"  Soohyun interupts her with a forceful tone as he stands, "Aimi, leave."  He turns to ______, softening his tone slightly,  "______, come in...please..."  His legs tremble slightly.


You look back at him as he speaks the order to Aimi, then quickly look between them, confused.  You're unsure if you're ready to be alone with him, but you comply with his request and hesitantly step into the room.


"But, Soohyun.." Aimi tries to speak, slightly shocked, but is interrupted again.  "Now," he glares at her.  She turns and walks out, obeying his command, closing the door forcefully.


Soohyun begins to approach ______, his gaze fixed directly upon her.


The door closes and your eyes snap to it, startled.  You turn your attention to Soohyun, realising that he's coming closer, and back up against the wall.


He stops inches away from her, placing his hand against the wall above her shoulder to support himself.  "I'm...sorry.." he utters weakly, looking down at her, obviously upset about what had happened earlier.


Your heart pounds against your chest.  He's so close now, that you can feel his breath on your face.  You realise how tall he is...how handsome he is....and how good he smells....  You take in his scent.  Your eyelids feel heavy, as though sleep is about to take you, but your adrenaline is also pumping harder than usual.  You try to breathe as you avoid his eyes.


His eyes are fully gray now, as if all of the life has left them.  "Are you...mad?" he speaks softly, still looking down at her.
Growing weaker as he stands, his legs work hard to keep him up.


"M..mad..?" You finally raise your head and meet his eyes, chills running through you at the sight of their pale color. "Why would I be mad?  You saved me..."


He leans down close to her neck, baring his canines slightly, driven by the urge to feed and allured by her scent.  He pauses, then breathes on her neck.  "You smell good too..." he says absentmindedly, breathing heavier.


 You shiver and your eyelids flutter closed, your own legs feeling weak.  Your lips part slightly and your breath catches.


Slowly, Soohyun moves his forehead to touch hers.  His fingers flex on the wall, driving his nails into it in an attempt to control himself, leaving holes.


Suddenly, your eyes snap open, realising what he had said.  'You smell good too...'  Could he tell what you were thinking?  Your heart feels as though it's about to burst.  Slowly, your mind goes blank and all you can feel is Soohyun against you.  He is incredibly strong, yet gentle.  You can tell that he's holding back.


He moves slightly so that his lips hover over hers, slowly closing his eyes.


You close your eyes again as Soohyun moves his lips over yours, feeling his warm breath.  You can't tell if you are still breathing or not; it's all you can do to keep standing.


Suddenly, there's a knock at the door.  "Soohyun, it's time..." a woman's voice comes from beyond the door.  By this time, the sun has set completely.  Soohyun pulls away and steps back from ______.  He looked at her frozen against the wall.
"Yes mother.."  His voice is calm, but with an edge.  He continues to stare at ______, his legs still weak.


You slowly open your eyes as you feel him move away, and see him staring at you.


As he walks to the door, he glances back at her, his heart beating unexpectedly hard.  He had come so close to going over the edge.  He walks into the hallway where he is escorted down the stairs by his mother.  Kuro and Shin are waiting for him at the front door.  As they see him approach, their postures straighten and they open the door for him.


Aimi walks into Kyo's room and sits on his bed looking at Kanna sceptically.


You stare straight ahead, your eyes slightly out of focus, barely noticing as Aimi enters.  You slowly slide down the wall to the floor, trying to catch your breath, your legs feeling numb.


"They should be back soon..." Aimi says, trying not to think about what might have just happened.  She sighs and lies down on the bed, staring at the ceiling.


After a few more seconds that feel like minutes, you slowly look up at Aimi.  You don't know what to say.  By the way Aimi had acted earlier, you suppose that she has feelings for Soohyun.  You just stared at her silently.
After a while, the silence is broken.  You hear a crash from down the hallway.  Aimi looks up at the door, startled.  "Everyone is suppose to be gone.." she says, slowly getting up and moving to the door.  "Wrap yourself in Soohyun's clothes and hide," she tells you as another crash comes from the hall.  She opens the door and walks out, closing it firmly behind her.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOOOO~ Hope you all like this chapter. :D
Also~~~~ I added my friend Andrea as the co-writer. ^^

NOTE: We also added a few character profiles in the description! :)