"How Much Did You See...?"

Vampire Prince

 

Soohyun quickly climbs off of the bed, staring at Kuro anxiously.  "Aimi..?  What is it..?"  He had hoped that Kuro and Shin would be able to take care of her.  Why would they need him?
"Come on, quickly," Kuro urges, already halfway out of the room.

 
'Aimi..?'  Your mind is flooded with worry for the girl.  You start to get out of the bed to follow Soohyun and Kuro, but Soohyun's voice halts you.

 
Soohyun looks back at ______ as he begins to follow Kuro into the hallway.  His eyes are drawn briefly to her bare legs hanging off the side of the bed.  "______, stay here.."  He knows she is worried about Aimi, but if he is right about why the others need him, he definitely doesn't want her there.

 
You freeze, your bare feet about to touch the floor.  Looking at Soohyun, you watch as he leaves with Kuro, closing the door behind them.  You sit, perched on the edge of the bed for a few minutes, thinking.  Silence has fallen in the hallway.  Sliding off of the bed slowly, you walk over to the chair by the window and pick up a pair of jeans that has been laid out for you and slip into them.  Then, you creep over to the door, turning the knob as quietly as you can.  Peering out into the hallway, you open the door wider and step out.  You walk carefully down the hallway, being as quiet as you can.  You aren't sure where Shin's room is, but you want to see Aimi, so you decide it won't hurt to just look around a bit.
 

Kuro opens the door to Shin's room and he and Soohyun enter.  Soohyun's eyes immediately travel to the bed where Shin sits, hunched over Aimi.  He approaches Shin from behind and gently places a hand on his shoulder, his eyes scanning the bloody sheets.  Shin glances momentarily at Soohyun's hand before turning his attention back to Aimi, whose heavily lidded eyes just continue to stare at him.

 
You slowly make your way to the stairs leading down to the second floor.  The first step creaks under you, causing you to freeze briefly before continuing on.  You reach the second floor landing and turn down the first hallway you come upon.  Suddenly, you hear low voices coming from down the hall, and your pulse quickens.  You stop walking and tiptoe closer to the wall before moving toward the sounds once again.  Reaching a door that's been left ajar, you crouch down beside it and peer through the crack.

 
After quickly observing Aimi's condition, Soohyun turns to Kuro.  "So, what is it that you want to do about her?"  Kuro, now standing beside George who is still sitting in the armchair, answers Soohyun grimly, "If there is any chance of her survival, we have to turn her now."
 
 
Your eyes widen as you overhear the conversation.  'Turn her...?  Are they talking about Aimi..?'  Your pulse pounds in your ears as you continue to listen.
 
 
Soohyun closes his eyes, furrowing his brow, and rubs his temples with his fingers.  He takes a deep breath before speaking, "Is that her only option?"  George nods slowly.  Soohyun turns and gazes at Shin, who's still sitting hunched on his bed beside Aimi.  Sorrow fills his heart.  'Poor boy...'
 
 
You watch and listen intently at the door and your eyes move to the bed where Aimi lies, still and bandaged.
 
 
Suddenly, Aimi's eyes snap open and she gasps.  Shin jumps, startled, and leans over her, trying to calm her as she clutches at the bed sheets.  Soohyun, Kuro and George rush over to the bed, worry written on their faces.  "We need to do it now," George says, making Shin tense visibly.  Soohyun moves around the others, closer to Aimi, and gently places his hand on her forehead.  George backs away from the bed slightly, gesturing for Kuro and Shin to follow him.  "I don't know if you two need to be here for this."  Suddenly, Shin looks back at George, looking tormented, then turns his gaze to Soohyun.  "No...Soohyun, please..." he says desperately, still holding onto Aimi as she continues to gasp and groan in pain.  Soohyun looks down into Shin's pleading eyes.  "Soohyun...let me....let me do it..." Shin speaks softly, the anguish in his voice apparent.  After a few seconds of thought, Soohyun removes his hand from Aimi's head and takes a step back.  "Are you absolutely sure about this?" he asks Shin cautiously, his voice low.  Shin nods solemnly.
 
 
Repositioning himself on the bed, Shin kneels over Aimi.  Placing a hand on the side of her face, he gently tilts it to the side and moves her hair away from her face and neck.  He closes his eyes tightly as he leans in toward her, tears leaking from beneath his eyelids.  Parting his lips and baring his canines, he breathes in her sweet, gentle scent and savors the the last few moments that he's able to hold the human girl in his arms.
 
 
You watch as Shin bends over Aimi, the emotions in his eyes struggling against each other; sorrow, trepidation and fear.  He opens his mouth and you can clearly see a pair of glinting fangs.  There are a few seconds of silence, in which the only thing that can be heard is the sound of Aimi's heavy breathing and whimpering.  Then, Shin closes the gap between himself and Aimi and slowly sinks his teeth into her neck.  Aimi's eyes widen in shock and she gasps, clutching at the bed sheets.  Gradually, her face contorts into an expression of pain.   moves as though she's trying to speak, but nothing besides strangled moans and gasps escape her lips.  Her hands move from the sheets to Shin's arms, gripping him tightly.  You watch from beyond the door, in shock at the sight before you, and clasp your hand tightly over your mouth to keep yourself silent.  Shin withdraws from Aimi's neck, but remains lying over her.  Suddenly, Aimi's eyes roll into her head and close.  At first, she looks like she has gone unconscious, but without warning, her eyes fly open again and she lets out a scream, thrashing violently beneath Shin who restrains her.
Without realizing, you gasp audibly, feeling tears stinging your eyes.
 
 
Suddenly, Soohyun hears something, and his attention is diverted from the scene on the bed in front of him to the doorway at his back.  He glances behind him to the door and meets the frightened eyes of ______ peering into the room from the hallway.
 
 
As soon as Soohyun spots you, you quickly stumble to your feet and run back down the hallway away from the bedroom door.  Before you make it three strides, you hear the door being thrown open and hurried footsteps following you down the hall.  "______!" Soohyun calls from a few feet behind you, before you feel his hand lock around your wrist, pulling you to a halt.  "______, wait... How much did you see...?"
You try to pull away from him, but he yanks you back toward him and wraps his arms around you, holding you still.  Your heart pounds in your ears and you try not to tremble.  You know that you shouldn't have seen what you did.  But what did you see, exactly?  They had talked about 'turning' Aimi, and then Shin had... When you think about Aimi being in such pain, it scares you.  You make another attempt at pulling away from Soohyun and are able to squirm your way out of his embrace.  You turn to face him and he just stands there, staring at you cautiously.  "S-stay away from me..."  Your voice comes out more timidly than you had intended.
 
 
"______, wait, it's okay..." Soohyun says, holding out a hand to her and trying not to startle or frighten her any more than she obviously already is.  He starts to take a step toward her.  "Please..."  She backs away from him again and speaks softly, "I...I'm sorry, I can't..."  Before Soohyun can respond, she turns and runs quickly to the end of the hallway and down the stairs, leaving him standing there, staring after her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FINALLY!!!! lol XD Omg. I'm so sorry it took us this long, guys! haha. I hope this chapter is satisfactory. ^^' We'll try our hardest to get the next one written and posted ASAP. Hang in there for us please~ lol <3