"I'm Not Human."

Vampire Prince

You cling to Soohyun and gasp as he leaps off the rooftop.  Speechless, you can do nothing but hold your breath as you both seem to fly over the buildings.  Your vision starts to blur slightly and your head spins, the wind whipping your hair against your face.  Wrapping your arms tighter around him, you vaguely notice that he smells rather good..
You aren't sure how long you had traveled, but you soon arrive outside a huge, old abandoned house.  It looks like it had once been a great mansion.


Soohyun moves fast, knowing that it can't be too pleasant for her.  Arriving at the house, he lets her down, keeping his hands on her to support her as her feet touch the ground again. "You might need to get use to that..." he smiles at her.


As your feet touch the ground, you lose your ballance, autommatically reaching out to Soohyun for support.  You glance up at him, embarrassed.  "Sorry..." you mutter quietly.  He chuckles, "Don't be sorry."
From the outside, the house looks very run down and decrepit.  Soohyun gently leads you up the creaky front steps to the porch, making sure you don't fall.  He opens the door and you gasp.  The inside of the mansion looks exactly like what you thought it must have a long time ago.  It's beautiful.
"You're going to be staying here for awhile," Soohyun speaks, snapping you out of your sense of awe.  You look at him and nod vaguely.  "This is amazing... What is this place..?"  You look around at the expensive furniture and decorations.


"This is where I live, along with many others...like me..."  Soohyun averts his gaze from her as he shows her around.  They reach a state room where Isaac and a few others are speaking privately.  When Soohyun pauses in the doorway, they turn their heads and look at ______.  "Let's continue.." he says, and leads her down the hall to a staircase.


You follow him down the hall, away from the state room, feeling the others' eyes on you.  Soohyun continues the tour through the beautiful mansion.  It's breathtaking.  You didn't even know something like this existed near the city.  'Who are these people...?'  You look at his back as you follow him, studying him quietly.  He walks with a straight posture, his hands in his pockets.  His legs are long, but he's walking at a pace to fit your stride.
Now on the third floor, he leads you down another hallway, stopping at a door.  "My room is right here," he says, pointing to the next door down the hall to the left. "You'll be staying in this one."  He opens the door in front of you.  Slowly, you step forward, peering inside.  Your eyes grow wider.  A huge canopy bed stands on one side of the room with two large windows with dark curtains hanging over them.  A fire crackles, glowing warmly in a fireplace on the opposite side of the room with a large, ornate rug lying beside it, an armchair standing a few feet from the hearth.  The beautiful wood floors give it an extra elegant touch.  She were, once again, speechless.
Soohyun walks into the room behind you and immediately goes to sit in the armchair.  "Now I suppose I should tell you why you're here.."  He leans forward, putting his hands together, and looks up at you.  You walk over to stand beside him at the hearth, curious to finally get some answers.


He starts to speak in a low voice, "For years, there have been 'families' who feed off of human blood."  He pauses.  "I'm not human."  He runs his fingers through his hair, allowing for her a few seconds to let the statement sink in.  He looks up at her.  "There is said to be a single human that is meant to control the families..  It is also said that this human has an irresistable scent that none of the families can overcome.. it's like an intoxicant."  He stands up beside her.  "You are that human.  The reason you're here is that you need to be protected.  Even if it's hard to control ourselves, you need to be kept alive."


You take this all in, your eyes wide and your mouth slightly ajar.  "You're...not...?"  Your mind reels with questions. "But...what...?  How am I supposed to control the..families..?  I don't understand...what am I?  And..what do you mean you're not...human...?"  You utter the last word quietly and with some hesitation.


He lowers his gaze to the flames in the hearth before speaking again.  "I'm a vampire... but I suppose that I'm one of the kind ones."  He walks away from her and stands near the window, looking out.  "Out of the three clans residing in this country, we are the dominant clan, Nosferatu.  We watch the human race and destroy any vampires who don't follow our rule."  He looks back at her.  Suddenly, there's a knock upon the door.


Your body freezes, your heart pounding in your ears as you listen to him.  "A.....vampire..?" you speak softly.  You can't quite comprehend it.  Is this some sort of joke?  "But, vampires don't exist..."  Your voice was small as you stare across the room at him.  The sudden knock at the door makes you jump slightly.  You turn toward it, trying to regain the stability of your breathing and pulse.


Soohyun opens the door and greets Isaac who looks past Soohyun to the young woman.  "Hello, ______, are you settled in?" he says to her as Soohyun stands there, not moving.


You stare at Isaac, then glance back to Soohyun.  "I...uh..."  You can't seem to form thoughts.  'Did they do something to me..?  If they really are what Soohyun says they are, then they might have powers.  I could be there against my will...' Your pulse quickens slightly at the thought.


Soohyun speaks up, "I've got her settled, Isaac."  His eyes turn greener as he looks up.  "Well that's good," Isaac replies and walks toward ______.  "You'll need to stay for awhile until we know things are safe.  I figure Soohyun has already told you why you're here?"  He looks to Soohyun as he places his hand on her head.  Soohyun nods.  "Good."  Isaac leans down to whisper in her ear.  "Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you."  He stands up straight and walks out of the door and Soohyun closes it behind him.


You tremble slightly as Isaac approaches you, and avert your eyes as his hand touches you.  At his words however, a warm sensation flows through you and when you open your eyes again, you somehow feel calmer.  You inhale slowly and look at Soohyun as Isaac leaves the room.


Soohyun closes his eyes for a brief second before turning around to face her.  "My room is right next to yours, so if you need me, feel free to come in.."  He places one hand on the doorknob again and opens the door.  Smiling slightly, he walks out, latching the door behind him.


You watch him leave, then slowly turn to the bed and walk over to it.  As you come closer, you see that there is a nightgown laid out for you, made of the most delacate-looking white lace.  You reach out and touch the soft material.  You take off your jacket and the rest of your clothes and change into the gown quickly.  You then climb into the huge bed and immediately realizes how tired you are.  Closing your eyes, you listen to the crackling of the fire and drift off to sleep.