Chapter 9: First day of camp

Housemate

I decided to post 2 chapters today bcus i have bene posting less these days. but i just finished my exams today!! YAY!

So, enjoy the 2nd chapter for the day!


An hour later, the rafting team arrived at the destination place. The students are excited seeing the place even though they can barely see it due to the frozen window. The students excitedly wiped the window to see the outside view.

“Hyosun.” JaeJoong poked your head. You were sleeping, leaning on his shoulder.

“Ya..” He poked you again. But you were still asleep. Jaejoong breathed in deeply and shouted right on your ear, “YA! WAKE UP YOU PIG!”

You were startled by his loud voice. You woke up and ended up hitting the window next to you before opening your eyes wide. The students in the bus laughed at you, SeungHyun found it cute when you hit the window but at the same time he’s pissed at Jaejoong. You hit Jaejoong on his arm and got up from your seat, making your way out of the bus. Jaejoong just laughed the entire time until he got off the bus.

When your eyes met SeungHyun, you took off your hoody and gave it to SeungHyun while bowing to him as a ‘thanks’.

“Just wear it. It’s gonna be cold outside.” SeungHyun said, refusing to take his hoody back. He tried to put the hoody back on you but then JaeJoong grabbed your hand to make you get out of the bus faster. Jaejoong still can’t get over with teasing you, he kept on teasing you more and more. Taeyeon found this cute and she quickly got her camera to take some picture of you two.


“You, young lady. Come here.” A teacher pointed at Taeyeon. “Didn’t you hear me saying that you cannot bring camera?? Unless you don’t treasure it anymore, you can bring it and see it broken during our trip.” The teacher grabbed TaeYeon’s camera away and put it in a bag full of other students’ cameras and phones. Taeyeon whined seeing that.

In the area, the students are still being inspected on their belongings by the teacher, and are told to leave any stuff that are unrelated to the camping. Jaejoong yawned widely as he stretched his hand. Afterall, he didn’t get enough sleep in the bus because you kept on interrupting his sleep when his head resting on your shoulder.

“Wake up!” YunHo and Junsu shouted as they splashed water from a bottle to JaeJoong’s face. JaeJoong instantly feel refreshed yet surprised. The water was icy cold because of the weather as well.

“Oi! What the are you doing?! It’s freaking cold!” JaeJoong shouted. YunHo grabbed JaeJoong’s neck and whispered to him,

“Wake up from your dream of Hyosun..!” He teased.

“Huh??”

“Oohh, he’s pretending that he doesn’t know…!” YunHo teased JaeJoong more. JunSu could only laugh at YunHo’s teasing – with his trademark Ue Kyang Kyang laugh.

 

“Anyway, should I keep my phone or camera?” JaeJoong took out both of them out of his bag. YunHo helped him wiping the water off his face with a towel.

“You can’t bring any of them, idiot.” JunSu said.

“Well, if I hide one of them, it should be okay.” JaeJoong said.

“Why don’t you just bring your phone? YeonHee might call you anytime soon.” YunHo suggested. JaeJoong nodded, he agreed with YunHo ideas. But then someone poked his back. Jaejoong turned around to find his teacher, he unconsciously hide his camera. His teacher stared at him and offered his hand, asking for his belongings. JaeJoong gave the teacher his phone. He realized his mistake, but what can he do. He just shrugged it off.


“Hyosun, wear this.” TaeYeon handed you your jacket that she took from your baggage. You took it and wear it. EunJi then came with a bottle of water, she opened the lid and offer it to you.

“Wet your hand with the water and then wet your eyes so that you will be awake, we gotta do some things later on.” You just listen to whatever she said and do it straight away.


“TEACHER! What do you mean I have to move to another group?!?!?!” Tiffany screamed.

“Listen, one person from the other group has to go home because she fainted, and to make each group even, you have to move.” The teacher explained.

“But why me?!? WHY ME?!”

“Simple, we did a draw.” The teacher smiled and walked away, trying his best to get away from Tiffany’s shrieks and screams.

“Mr. Choi!!!” Tiffany shouted, she kept on following where the teacher goes to convince him more.

One the other hand, near the bus, SeungHyun was talking to a girl.

“Here you go.” He said as he handed her $200.

“Thanks!” The girl happily took the $200 and kissed it.

“Thank you so much for your help.”

“Nope it’s okay. I don’t mind doing this because I never wanted to go to this trip from the very start. And if you didn’t give me the idea for pretending to be sick and faint, I have to join this ing trip.”

“You sure?”

“Yes.” She nodded.

“Okay then, I’ll see you in 3 days.” SeungHyun said as he bid his goodbye to her. He ran to the center where the students are gathering around.

‘Now I can get rid of Tiffany~’ SeungHyun smiled widely and his heart are beating so fast from the big happiness that he just got.


“Students! Please go to your own group now!” The teacher commanded. All the students then separated into 2 groups. Each group has 2 teachers and 2 rafting coaches. Tiffany had to be dragged by a teacher so that she won’t sneak into the other group where SeungHyun is. The two groups then went their own separate way and started doing their activity. The first activity that you did is learning how to build the tent and then pumped the boat. The girls and the boys decided to make their own tent – so the girls have their own tent, same as the boys. The dinner is prepared by YunHo and JaeJoong as scheduled. While they are preparing the food, the other students gather around near them while talking with the teachers and their coaches. SeungHyun took a seat beside you, and on the other side of you is TaeYeon, then EunJi. Everyone is having fun. The dinner then served. JaeJoong sat on your opposite with YunHo next to him. SeungHyun sometimes stole some vegetables from your plate. TaeYeon and EunJi didn’t say anything and they just keep on watching you and SeungHyun, also JaeJoong. However, even though your crush is by your side, you would steal a glance of JaeJoong at times.

“What?” JaeJoong mouthed that word to you when he realizes that you are looking at him. You can’t say anything back to him, but you would just curled your eyebrows and give him a ‘I wasn’t staring at you, stop daydreaming!’ look.

After the dinner, some of the students helped with the dish washing while some other are setting up the fire camp. You, TaeYeon, and EunJi were sitting on a tree branch that is use for a seat. YunHo and Junsu were lighting up the fire. SeungHyun and JiYong just came back after putting in some things in their bags. JaeJoong and DaeSung were washing the dishes with their coaches. The teachers were sitting on the other side of you. When everyone is done with their own business, they gathered near the fire camp, sitting in a group and talk and joke with each other.

The watch then shows that it is 11 o’clock. The teachers decided to go to sleep, followed by YunHo, DaeSung, JunSu, TaeYeon, EunJi, and you. One by one, all of you go to your own camp to sleep. But once you lie down on your sleeping bag, you had the urge to get a hot chocolate. You got up and peeked from the camp to where the camp fire are. You saw the fire is still on. You quickly grabbed a mug and chocolate powder and run there.


As you were getting closer to the fire camp, you can see a figure still sitting near the fire with a blanket around it. When you walked closer, you realized that it is JaeJoong. He was just staring blankly onto the fire.

“Ya.” You called him. He raised his head to see you.

“Oh. Aren’t you asleep yet?” He asked and you shook your head.

“Nope.” You sat down beside him. “I feel like I want a hot chocolate.”

“How can you make it in here?”

“Easy. Pass me the pot that you used to cook for tonight’s dinner.”

JaeJoong looked around to find the pot. He took the pot and gave it to you.

“Thank you.” You said as you take it. You filled the pot with water and put it on the fire with the help of a branch. While waiting for the water to boil, you played with the branch by poking some of the twig in the fire.

 

“Hey…” You called JaeJoong. “Do you realize that I never call your name?”

“Huh?” JaeJoong responded.

“I think you too. But these days, you call me by my name. But I still haven’t changed. Weird isn’t it?”

“what are you talking about?”

“I don’t know. I’m just being weird, maybe it’s because it’s a bit late.” You yawned. You sat while folding your arms and resting your head on it. Jaejoong thought that you might felt cold so he shared his blanket with you. Both of you are wrapped with the same blanket. Your lips slowly formed a big smile, you were happy with his treatment just now.

“Hey, let’s take a picture!” JaeJoong took out the camera from his pocket and then raised it up to take your picture together with him – selca pose.

“You managed to hide it from the teacher??” You asked, surprised seeing his camera.

“If it is Jaejoong. Anything is possible.” He smirked. “Quick, let’s take a picture!”

You get ready for a pose and looked at the camera. Jaejoong count down and he finally pressed the button. Both of you take the photo simultaneously with various poses.

 

A few minutes later, the water boiled. You grabbed the branch to take the pot, but JaeJoong took over and take the pot for you. You grabbed your mug and pour the hot water and mix it with the chocolate powder. After you stirred it, you gave it to JaeJoong.

“Aren’t you gonna drink it?” He asked as he took the mug from you.

“I will. We will just share the mug. I don’t have any other mug.” You said to him. You tried to not look straight at him because your cheek is burning red. You don’t know why but you just wanted to share the same mug with him.

“What, you wanna have an indirect kiss with me??” He teased. He just hit the right spot! You felt shy and ended up hitting him playfully. JaeJoong took a sip of the hot chocolate and he was happy with the taste. He stared at you all the time when you were talking. He listened to every word you say and he never let his eyes goes away from you. After you finished the drink, JaeJoong light out the fire and sent you to your camp, and then he went to his camp to sleep.

 

It was a really warm night for you. Obviously it is warm for your body. But the special thing is that, your left shoulder that touched his felt really warm. Your cheek is also warm. Even your heart ‘that’ warmth. It brought you happiness and it gave you a good sleep that night. Without realizing, something goes into your camp and rummage TaeYeon’s bag..

.

.

.

.