Chapter 12

Housemate

 

“Oh God…” JaeJoong muttered as he opened the paper. The people got curious seeing his responds, they quickly gathered around him to see what was written on the paper.

 ‘Pocky-eating game’ it says on the paper. Everyone got excited seeing that, they clapped, laughed, and cheered.

“W-Who the hell wrote this??” JaeJoong held the paper.

“I did.” TaeYeon put her hand up with confidence, she was happy that her paper got picked by the guys he wished to. “You know how to play this right?? Obviously, you have to find a partner..”

“Oh ..” Jaejoong mumbled. While everyone cheered for him, including you, he’s cursing his bad luck.


“What is the other group doing? So noisy…” Tiffany was warming herself up near the camp fire.

“Wanna go and take a look?” SoHee asked. Tiffany nodded and went to take a peek at the other group behind a tree.


“Ok now! Pick someone!!” EunJi said to Jaejoong. JaeJoong sighed and took a glance at you.

“Hyosun.” He said your name. He stood up and sat beside you. SeungHyun eyes grew bigger, he’s thinking what the others are thinking as well, Jaejoong decided to do the punishment game with you – Taeyeon was at her peak of happiness when she thought about this.

“Oi! Are you serious??” SeungHyun asked.

“Can’t help it.” JaeJoong said. He bites the chocolate flavor pocky and offered you the other end. You were so shock with his action and selection. Nobody ever expect him to be choosing you and making his mind that fast.

“Quickly. I want to get this done.” JaeJoong mumbled. You then bite the other end and the two of you start biting it.

 

“Oh My God!!!!” SoHee gasped. Tiffany took out TaeYeon’s camera as fast as she can and zoom the camera to you and JaeJoong. She then takes multiple photos as best as she can.

While the pocky stick is only about 5cm left. You keep on having the mind that he has girlfriend etc. You wanted to stop this, but it seems that your body doesn’t want to. When you you’re your eyes, you could only see his eyes, it was soooooo close to you. You blushed when you realized that. You couldn’t take another bite of the pocky so you just close your eyes and wait for what is about to come. SeungHyun who can’t watch it anymore pulls your hands to him and you fall to his side. The pocky slipped from JaeJoong’s mouth. When you take the pocky away, TaeYeon picks it and measure it, it is only 1.5cm left. JaeJoong, SeungHyun, and you didn’t say anything when your friends are cheering. Your face gone red.

“By the way JaeJoong.” TaeYeon said. “I never asked you to find a GIRL partner. You can do it with anyone.”

“HUH?!” JaeJoong shouted and everyone cheered.

 

“Great. I just took some good photos.” Tiffany said. “Let’s go back.”

SoHee then followed after her.

 

When the others are keep playing with the game, SeungHyun grabbed TaeYeon and bring her far away from the camp fire.

“Ok. So tell me what you are actually trying to do.” SeungHyun said.

“What? What are you talking about?” TaeYeon played dumb.

“Hyosun’s feet is actually alright, right? And that game, you’ve planned it.”

“Hey..”

“So what the are you trying to do??!!”

“Jealous of JaeJoong? Then why don’t you be a bit more bold towards Hyosun? I just wanted to make sure whether JaeJoong likes her or not. And it seems like I’ve got the answer now. Maybe it is also a warning sign for you.” TaeYeon said. She leave Seunghyun once she said that and join the group.


As the night comes, everyone is going to sleep. SeungHyun is still near the camp fire, he’s trying to put the fire off. You just sat there and wait until he finishes, because he told you to.

“Can’t we just leave the fire? It would go off by itself right?” You yawned.

“Why? Are you sleepy?” He asked with a smile.

“No I’m fine.”

Seunghyun still trying to put off the fire, but when he look straight, he got reminded by what he saw before: you and Jaejoong playing the pocky stick game. Because he was sitting right at the same spot and you two were just at the opposite of his. He then got reminded by what Taeyeon said, and he got curious. “Hyosun, do you like JaeJoong?”

“Huh?” You couldn’t answer his question straight away since you really didn’t expect him to say so. Many unexpected things had happened to you today. “W-What are you talking about? We are just housemate.”

“Really?” SeungHyun asked, looking straight into your eyes.

“Really.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

SeungHyun stood up and kneeled down in front of you who’s sitting on a small chair. “Then, what if I say that I love you?”

“Seunghyun oppa.. What’s with all these questions..? Is it because of the pocky stick game?”

SeungHyun kept on staring at you, hoping that you would give him an answer. But you

felt really weird about yourself. Normally, you always think that if he confessed to you,

you would say ‘yes’ straight away without thinking. But you just couldn’t. You tried to

keep your mind clear by thinking that everyone will have this kind of moment when they

can’t think right when someone confess to them.

Since you take so long to think, SeungHyun sighed and got up.

“Hyosun, what I said just now.. I meant it.. But you don’t have to give me the answer now. You can tell me anytime. But I hope by me saying this to you wouldn’t make our relationship bad.. okay? You can go to sleep first.” He said. You listened to him and walk back to your tent while SeungHyun tried to keep the fire off. You still act as if you were limp at that time.

.

.

.

.

.

Any suggestion for a new story idea? just trying to get some ideas from you readers :)