Chapter 16

Housemate

At night, around 8pm, JaeJoong came to YeonHee’s house. He took a deep breath and gathered his courage to keep himself calm. Then slowly he knocked the door.
“YeonHee…” He called out as he knocks the door. YeonHee is inside sitting in the living room while watching the TV, her eyes are red. “I know that you are inside, would you open the door for me?”

YeonHee remained quiet.

“YeonHee, at least, let me apologize to you properly.”

YeonHee still didn't want to open the door for him. JaeJoong kept on talking and begging her to open the door and let him talk.

This lasts for a few hours. He stayed there despite of the cold weather.


When it is around 1am in the morning, YeonHee felt hungry. She hasn't eaten anything since morning. When she walked to her fridge to get some foods, she realised there's nothing to eat. So she got change and about to walk into a 24 hour convenience store. To her surprise, she saw Jaejoong sitting right beside her door, dozing off and curling up his body due to the cold weather. Startled by his presence, she took a step back inside the house and about to close the door, but she took a peek on him again. He is still asleep. She came out of the house and kneeled down to look at him. His face looked so smooth and very angelic, but to her now, inside of him is a devil.

“YeonHee?” JaeJoong grabbed her hand.

“Whoa!” YeonHee moved back.

“H-Hey, hold on!” JaeJoong tighten his grab to make her stop from going into her house. He was actually awake all along.

“Let go of me! We don’t have anything to talk about!” YeonHee struggles to let go from JaeJoong’s grasp.

“LISTEN!” JaeJoong shouted and YeonHee stopped struggling.

“I’m sorry. What I have to tell you is that, I didn’t do that intentionally, it was only for a game and that’s all. I never lie to you. I love you. Please forgive me.”

YeonHee stared at him, she can’t give her answer straight away. JaeJoong is her4th boyfriend, and the reasons why she broke up with all her previous boyfriends is because they cheated on her. JaeJoong’s apology might not be easy to make YeonHee come back to him.

“I…” YeonHee spoke up. JaeJoong raised his head once head heard a word from her. “Kiss me.”

“W-what?” Jaejoong replied.

“Kiss me on the lips.” YeonHee stared at him. She then closed her eyes and stand still, waiting for JaeJoong to kiss her. JaeJoong started to sweat, he is nervous. It is not his first kiss, but something just makes him nervous.

A minutes passed by and YeonHee opened her eyes. “See. Why do you want to come back to me, if you can’t even kiss me on the lips?”

“YeonHee. Kiss is not something that is important, I am just not ready.”

“I’ve always wanted a kiss from you, but you only gave me a peck on the cheek. I don’t understand what’s going in your mind that makes you always hesitate.”

“I’m not hesitating!” JaeJoong denied.

“Then what? Not ready? It’s not like it is going to be your first kiss or anything. A guy who loves a girl and desperate to go back to her, will normally do anything she wanted him to even though it is stupid and hard.”

“YeonHee, I-“

“Then how can you make a very fast decision in choosing ~~~~ for your pocky game?”

JaeJoong remained quiet, he now realized what YeonHee actually means.

“Sorry, JaeJoong. I really think we should just break up and don’t even think of coming back to me.” YeonHee walked down the stairs and heading towards the convenience store beside her apartment. Before she turns right, she takes a look at JaeJoong who is watching her walking away from him.

“Maybe now you love Hyosun.” She smiled. "Thank you.. and.. Good luck." With that she left Jaejoong.


During your dinner time on the same day, you have nothing to eat. Lazy to cook, you decided to grab some food at the nearby restaurant. When you closed your door, you met Tiffany who just came out of SeungHyun's room.

“You..” You glared at her with full of hatred, and Tiffany realized this. Tiffany quickly put on a smirk on her frowning face.

“What?” She said, giving you a look. You came closer to her and glared at her.

"Why did you have to do that?" You said. "Do you like destroying people's relationship that much?"

Tiffany was about to say something but somehow she couldn't speak. She stuttered, her eyes were red too.


"No what? Trying to think up of a reason?" You smirked. "Don't ever think that Seunghyun oppa would ever come to like you."

Hearing that coming out of your mouth, Tiffany couldn't help but to shed tears, while trying to maintain a calm look. It is the first time for you to encounter this kind for person, who always look tough and y but suddenly cried after what you said. You felt bad seeing her.

“O-Oi, did I say something wrong?" You asked. "I-Is that a fake tears?”

“Shut up..” Tiffany sobbed as she tries to rub away her tears. “Just go inside and have fun with your housemate.”

Once you heard the word ‘housemate’, automatically you think of JaeJoong, and your eyes are getting red too. The two of you stare at each other’s face, who’s about to cry.

.

.

.

“So.. JaeJoong is avoiding you…?” Tiffany asked. The two of you ended up having dinner together at a restaurant. After seeing each other crying over something, no girls could resist the temptation of sharing stories.

“Yes.. and I’ll take that as a rejection.. It’s because of you telling YeonHee about it.” You frowned.

“Well, I did that for SeungHyun.”

“What? You mean, SeungHyun told you to do it?!”

“No no.. You know how people say that if you love someone, you’ll be happy just by seeing them happy, no matter what the condition is.” Tiffany said. “But it seems like it’s wrong. I don’t feel happy at all..”

“So you mean, you try to make JaeJoong and I not close to each other so that SeungHyun can approach me? In other words, SeungHyun likes me?”

“Don’t you notice that?” Tiffany asked and you shook your head. “You moron. Of course he likes you! It’s damn obvious!”

“Well sorry.. It’s not like I am a fast person in figuring this kind of thing..”

“So.. Who do you like?”

You stared at her for a while and keep on thinking carefully about it.

“Oh come on! Who is the first one that comes up in your mind! Just tell me! I won’t do

anything anymore! I am in my nice mode!” She said, encouraging you to say it. She looked excited to hear you. Seeing her eye smile, it seemed that she truly is nice at that moment.

"W-what are you saying? So after this, you will turn back to your y mode and spread the words??" You teased.

"Well i might.." She sat back and frowned. But she smiled again and looked at you, "Jookinngg~ Now tell me!"

“JaeJoong." You said. " Jaejoong is the first one that came up in my mind.” You finally answered.

Tiffany looked at you in shock but then she smiled. “It’s good then you know who you really like.”

The two of you smile at each other and take a sip of your drink.

“But I never expected myself to hang around with you who have seen me as the here.”

“Well.. We are both heart broken at the moment. Can’t help it. Broken hearted people have to stay together sometimes.”

Then you both laughed while continuing the conversation.

 

At that time, SeungHyun passed by the restaurant and saw you two. He saw you guys were laughing and chatting happily. Knowing Tiffany, he couldn't believe what he saw. He stormed into the restaurant and grabbed Tiffany's hand in anger. He pulled Tiffany so that she will got up from her seat. It was so sudden that the table shook and Tiffany's drink dropped and broke into pieces. The other customers in the restaurant looked away to see what was happening. There they saw SeungHyun grabbing Tiffany's hand up in the air and Tiffany looked hurt.

"What are you trying to do now?" He asked.

.

.

.

.

.