Chapter 2: the 'tame' JaeJoong

Housemate

To you, the past 1 hour was beginning of the road that leads you to hell.

“Ya, bring that here.”

“Oi, put that over there. No, a bit to the left. Yes, that’s the right place.”

“Hyosun, get me the box over there.”

You lazily walked to get the box, you summoned all your strength to pick up the box. The box wasn’t that heavy since it is only filled with clothes – as it is written so on the box. However, since you have been doing all the work for the last two hours, your energy slowly depleted.

“What are you doing? Stop being lazy and quickly bring the box here. You should be happy because we are almost done.” JaeJoong glared at you as he took a sip of his tea.

Feeling pissed, you dropped the box to the floor hard and threw a fit on him.

“Ya! You haven’t been doing any work at all! If you were in my position, you would have been like me now! You should thank me for moving your tables and placing all this sh*t!”

“You should thank me for letting you rent a room of my apartment.” JaeJoong said as he raises one of his eyebrows at you. Just that sentence from him made you unable to talk back to him, he was right. “Now, if you still want to stay here, go back to your work.”

You can’t help but to pick up the box again and put it in his room, then you continued doing your ‘chores’.


JaeJoong took another sip of his tea while keeping his eyes on you.

‘If this girl weren’t here, I will be able to ask YeonHee to stay over in my house often and we can be lovey-dovey for the first time..’

Then he let out a deep sigh, “If only, you weren’t here. YeonHee could stay with me for the whole night…” He teased.

You gave him a death look, “You can bring her whenever you want. Don’t worry, our rooms are far apart. I won’t be able to hear a single thing.” You replied.

“You little-“

“JaeJoong, Hyosun!!” YeonHee called from outside. She is just arrived on the 15th floor and was about to head into room 159. JaeJoong quickly put down the tea, and ran as fast as he could to his room. You are surprised by his sudden act; You don’t even know what the heck is he doing, so you just watched him doing whatever he is doing. JaeJoong then grabbed your hand and pull you to the living room, and forced you to sit down on the couch. He then grabbed his cup of tea and made you hold it. Then he ran again into his room, grabbing a box. Right at that moment, YeonHee appeared on the front door with some groceries bags.

“How’s the cleaning up going?” She asked. You smiled and answered her back.

“I did all the-“

“YEONHEE!” JaeJoong shouted so that YeonHee wouldn’t hear what you wanted to say. “Everythings going veeerry well. What do you think of the house now?”

YeonHee looks around the room and gave him a smile.

“See. I did all the cleaning and arrangements. I never knew that I could do all this so well.” JaeJoong gave her a smirk as if he has done something so great. YeonHee then approached him and gave him a peck. You could only stare at JaeJoong in annoyance.

‘That bastard.. I did all these and he dared to say that he did it..’

 

For the whole time YeonHee stayed, JaeJoong acted very nice towards her. He never let her do any jobs, and pretended to treat you very nicely. Whatever YeonHee asked him to do, he’ll do it. He smiles all the time and no complain at all.

Later that night…

“I’m going home now. Sorry that I can’t make you dinner, my parents want me to be home before 8.” YeonHee says. JaeJoong and you lead her to the front door and watched her until she got on the elevator. Once the elevator went down, the tame JaeJoong goes back to the bad JaeJoong. His expression totally changed, from smilling to his normal cold annoying face.

“Go cook dinner.” He commanded.

“What? Me? Cook dinner?” You pointed a finger to yourself.

“Yes, who else? Go, quick! I’m hungry. Once you finish cooking it, call me. I’ll be in my room.” JaeJoong walked back into the house and went straight into his room. He shut the door and locked it. you curled your eyebrows and open your mouth in disbelievement. You then walked into the house as well, straight to the kitchen which is just beside the entrance. You opened the refrigerator to check what ingredients she got, then the shelves. You gave a long ‘hmmm’.


Around 10 minutes later, You approached JaeJoong’s room and knocked on the door. Soon, JaeJoong opened the door for you. “Dinner’s ready.” You said while smiling evilly.

“Huh? It’s only been 10 minutes. How the hell are you able to prepare the dinner that fast?” JaeJoong stunned.

“That’s what we called ‘skill’.” You smirked. JaeJoong followed you to the dining room. His eyes grew bigger once he sees a single pot placed on the dining table with 2 bowls.

“Don’t tell me that the dinner is..” He approached the dining table and opened the lid of the pot. As he expected, you cooked 2 packs of instant noodles.

“Ya!! This food is not dinner!” He shouted.

“It’s dinner for me. Do you think I am willing to walk 3km to the supermarket at this hour? If you don’t want to eat it, then don’t eat.” You said as you grabbed two chopsticks from the kitchen. You calmly sat on the chair, placed the other chopstick on the table and started to grab some noodle from the pot. Again, JaeJoong can’t help but to sit and eat the noodles along.

“From, tomorrow on, don’t make a dinner like this.” He said. You kept on eating, pretending that you didn;t hear what he said.


Once JaeJoong and you finished the dinner, he went into his room and took out a pile of paper and gave it to Hyosun. Hyosun took the paper and flipped through it.

“What’s this?” She asked.

“It is a few other apartments that I’ve tried to find for you. I want you to move as soon as possible.” JaeJoong said.

“You don’t have to tell me this. I’ll try to move out soon anyway.” You said while walking back into your room.

.

.

.

.

.