Chapter 7: Yeonhee's jealousy starts

Housemate

“Hyosun..”

“Hyosun...”

“HAN HYO SUN!!!!” A teacher slapped your head with his 780paged textbooks. It made a loud 'bam' sound. The thickness and the hardness of the book instantly woke you up from your dreamland in the middle of your math class.

“Hyosun how dare you fell asleep on my class!" The teacher scolded. "Pay attention!!"

“Yes.. Sorry..” You rubbed the part where you got hit.

“Really..” He murmured to himself. He opened his textbooks again and continued explaining the material he was teaching just now. However the bell rang just as he recite the first sentence of the book.
“Ok kids, you may go home now. See you tomorrow.” The teacher dismissed the class. All the kids cheered and some of them made their way straight to their extra curricular, while you just sit on your seat sighing.

“Hyosun, Do you want to go buy some snacks with me for the camping later?” TaeYeon asked.

“Yeah sure why not.” You nodded. The two of you then packed all of your stuff and head straight to the nearest supermarket you can find.


TaeYeon and you looked around the supermarket while carrying a basket. As the time goes by, the empty basket is now half full. Yet Taeyeon is still interested in buying instant noodles for her to eat during the camping trip. Meanwhile she browsed the instant noodles, you went to the other section for soft drinks. You encountered a pyramid of cokes. You thought of taking those ones instead of going all the way to the last section to grab the coke. When you took two cans of them, a familiar hand also reached the other can beside yours. You looked up to see who it is and it turned out to be JaeJoong.

“You!” JaeJoong said as he pointed out his finger to you.

“You again..” You sighed. “Why do I have to always meet you? At home and even outside..”

JaeJoong was about to attack you back with his words but he swallowed it remembering what happened in the car earlier. “By the way, thanks for saying nice things about me to YeonHee..” He mumbled.

“What did you say?” You were not sure if those words could actually come out from his mouth.

“Nothing!” He quickly acted cool.

“Hey, but I don’t get it why you always want or acting very nicely to YeonHee. It is so unlike you.”

“It’s normal.” He answered. You tried to dig out more but then he tried to avoid it by changing the subject. “What are you doing here?”

“Just buying some stuff for the camp later.”

“You are in the same group as me right?”

“Yup…” You gave him a displeased look. You made your way back to TaeYeon and JaeJoong followed behind you. Just when you think it is so peaceful, JaeJoong made another mess. He accidentally tripped on a bottom can of the pyramid, automatically he pushed the pyramid. As what you can imagine, the pyramid of coke falls down. Some of them are even opened and bursted.
"!" He murmured.
People around him are looking at him, not helping. The staff quickly caught up on what happened and informed their manager about it. Knowing that JaeJoong is your 'friend', you helped him up and pull him to run as fast you guys could out of the store. When none of the staff is seen running after you two, you catched your breath and laughed. JaeJoong laughed as well. He ruffled your hair as if your a dog, as if he's saying 'good job'. You playfully hit him. Both you and JaeJoong did not notice that YeonHee passed by. She didn't want to say hi but he hold it back seeing you two acting so close and all.

‘wait. I shouldn’t think badly like this first. They are just housemates for a few days. And.. and.. I shouldn’t get jealous just by seeing that. Stupid me!’ Yeonhee thought, but she kept on furrowing her eyebrows.


 Later that night, YeonHee tried to call JaeJoong to ask him out for a dinner. But JaeJoong didn’t pick up his phone at all. At that time, JaeJoong is having dinner with you and TaeYeon in a restaurant because Taeyeon was mad, you and JaeJoong left her alone in the store. It was lucky enough that nobody is suspicious of Taeyeon. Your relationship with JaeJoong is now getting better. YeonHee tried calling him a few more times but he still didn’t pick it up so she gave up and went to sleep. After the dinner, JaeJoong notices the 4 miscalls from YeonHee. When he is about to call her, you grabbed his arm and pull him to take a sticker photo with you and TaeYeon. JaeJoong then put the phone into his pocket and start taking the pictures.


On the next day, YeonHee came over to your house. When she rang the door bell, you opened the door for her.

“YeonHee!” You smiled as you see her.

“Hyosun, is JaeJoong at home?” YeonHee asked while peeking inside.

“Come in come in! Yes, he is packing up for the camp tomorrow in the living room.”

“Hyosun, who’s that?” JaeJoong said from the living room.

“Who else other than your ‘honey’???” You teased.

“YeonHee!” JaeJoong smiled even wider than you when he saw YeonHee. YeonHee came up to him and gave him a hug, JaeJoong also replied her hug back. When they are hugging, you gave a gesture to JaeJoong that you’ll be going somewhere. JaeJoong nodded and you leave the house.  The first thing that you have in your mind is going to SeungHyun’s house, but you left your phone inside, so you just knock on his door, but no one answer. So you decided to just walk around the floor a few times.


At that time, YeonHee broke the hug. “JaeJoong, I have something urgent to tell you.”

“What is it?” JaeJoong asked.

“I’m going to go America tomorrow. It’s pretty much a sudden call from my mom. Can you drive me to the airport tomorrow around 4pm?”

“Yeah sure.” JaeJoong smiled. He felt weird. Just a moment ago, he smiled seeing Yeonhee. But when Yeonhee told her that she'll be off somewhere for a while, he felt nothing.


On the next day, at 4pm, JaeJoong drove his car to YeonHee’s house. YeonHee has been waiting in front of her house, so she got on the car and sit at the front. But when she closed the door, she is greeted by your cheerful voice.

“YeonHee, hi!”

“Hyosun?” She responded. She never expected your presence.

“I told her to come along.” JaeJoong added. YeonHee gave you a weak smile and then face to the front again. She's didn't really want you to be there..

 

In the airport when she is about to go, she had the urge to asked JaeJoong to give her a kiss on the lips by pointing at it. She knew that JaeJoong would be very happy to see that. But instead, she got a kiss on her cheek. She couldn't asked him for somehting else, it would be too embarrasing for her, so he made her way to the gate. When she walked, she took a glance of you and JaeJoong as if she is worried. JaeJoong and you waved at her and watched her go. She smiled and walked again. But a fter a few steps, she turned back, you and JaeJoong were already making your way to the car. It wasn't like before when JaeJoong used to wait until Yeonhee completely gone from his sight.

‘Is it okay to leave them like this for a week? Should I really be going to America?’ All this kind of questions popped out in her mind constantly and she has this guilt feeling.

.

.

.

.