Chapter 14

Housemate

You decided to go into a café to sit there and stay for around 2 hours. That should be enough time for JaeJoong to calm down. Yeonhee left after decided to broke up with Jaejoong, and Jaejoong was very angry.

As you entered the café, you went to the counter and ordered your drinks (whatever you feel like). When you get your order, you look around the place to find a comfy sofa near the window to seat. But then your eyes catch a hand that is waving to you. It is SeungHyun’s. He has newspaper on his hand and a coffee beside him. He sat exactly where you want to sit. You gave him a smile and then joined him.

“What are you doing here at this hour?” SeungHyun said as he takes some other newspapers on the table to give you some space.

“No, nothing.” You said, still giving him a smile. He knew that you were lying because you looked somewhere else and scartch your head while answering him. He kept on staring at you until you meet his eyes.

“W-what?” You said.

“Tell me. I know that something is up.” SeungHyun took a sip of his coffee. You smile bitterly at him and put your hand in your jacket’s pocket. It is cold.

"Hyosun, you always tell me about everything.” SeungHyun added. “Is it about JaeJoong?”

You gulp as you heard that.

“Am I right?” SeungHyun asked.

“I just.. don’t want to tell you… now…” You said.

“But do you want to feel a slight better?” SeungHyun asked and you nodded. He sighed and got up from his seat.

“Come with me.” He grabbed your hand.


SeungHyun brought you to the nearest food stand (like those ones in Korea). He took a sit on a table, and you sit on his opposite side. He then raises his hand and ask the ahjumma to give him some foods and drinks.

“Why are we here?” you asked as your eyes look around.

“You are 18. You should learn how adults release their stress and sadness. I’m a regular costumer here.” SeungHyun said.

The ahjumma then came with 2 plates full of foods and 2 bottles of soju.

“There you go honey.” She said as she places it on the table. “Ooh..Is she your girlfriend??” She asked once she sees you.

“I wish.” SeungHyun smiled at her. She then leaves the two of you and serves the other costumers there.

 

SeungHyun pours a shot of soju to you.

“Oppa.. I don’t really drink..” You watched him pour the soju into the shot cup.

“It’s okay. I know you do drink sometimes. Here you go. Kanpai.” SeungHyun raises his cup and asks you to give him a toast. You then take your cup, toast with him and drink it.


After 3 bottles, you feel high and tips, but you still can see him clearly, and remember everything and anything that you say or do to him (from my experience). Somehow, you have the urge to tell him what you’ve been hiding for this while, your problem.

“Oppa.. I shouldn’t have stay in the same house with JaeJoong…” You said.

“Why?” SeungHyun drank another cup.

“Well.. Things just didn’t go right today…. YeonHee comes.. She hates me.. No.. She hates JaeJoong even more… She told him that she wanted to break up with JaeJoong…”

“She came to your house today?”

“Umm..” You nod. “She came. She was crying.” Tears filled your eyes.

“O-Oi.. Why are you crying?” SeungHyun panicked. He looked around to find a tissue box on the other table. Once he grabbed it, he takes a few sheets and give it to you. You take it and wipe your tears.

“I don’t know.. I don’t know why I am crying. Heart broken? Hahaha…” You chuckled.

“Heart broken?” SeungHyun said. You gulped down another 2 shots of soju. “What do you mean?”

“Hmmm… How should I put it? I’m not even sure myself..” You place your fingers on your chin. (like Yunho’s move in mirotic XD) “Maybe.. I love JaeJoong?”

“What…?” SeungHyun eyes grew bigger. He felt that his heart is pierced with something.

“No.. maybe not.. But why am I crying? Is it because I feel bad about YeonHee? Or because I blame myself? Why does she think that JaeJoong and I are on relationship and we are hiding it from her? We are not…”

You keep on talking to yourself and SeungHyun just listens to you. When you are talking, you would take a few cups of alcohol. Slowly, you are getting drunker and drunker.

 

“What did you say? She came with a camera given by Tiffany?” SeungHyun looked suprised.

“Yup.. I don’t know where she got it. Tiffany.. I never know that she is actually a b*tch!!”

“SeungHyun-ah, you should make her stop drinking. She is drunk already!” The ahjumma said. SeungHyun then made you stop drinking and tried to bring you home. But since you were drunk, you can’t walk properly, so he decided to carry you on his back.


At that time, JaeJoong just calmed down his mind. He came out of his room.

“Hyosun, I’m sorry about-“

JaeJoong looked around the living room but he can’t find you. He then knocked your room, but no answer, so he opened it and he also can’t find you. He started to panic.


“Hyosun, we are home. Wake up.” SeungHyun put you down beside your door, he carriedyou on his back along the way. You slowly opened your eyes and gave him a wide smile and a hug.

“Thank you!” You said to him.

“About YeonHee, just forget about it for tonight and have a good sleep, okay?” He caressed your cheek. He helped you to get up and bring you right in front of your door. When he is about to knock the door, you suddenly say something that make him even more shocked.

“Oppa. Do you think I am in love with JaeJoong?” You asked. “Why do I feel like my heart beating so fast when he nears me? I also wanted to stay beside him all the time during the camp? Is that what we call love?”

You put your arm around his neck and rest your head on his shoulder.

“Is that love? If I really am love him. Maybe it is a good thing. But then what about SeungHyun oppa?”

SeungHyun put you down and grab your shoulder while he look downwards. You just stand there like an idiot. Even though you know that it is SeungHyun, your mind totally screwed up.

SeungHyun then took a deep breath. “I’m sorry.” He then leans in and kisses you on your lips.


JaeJoong grabbed his phone and his house key. He is about to go out to find you. But when he opened the door, he sees SeungHyun kissing the ‘drunk’ you.

“Oppa!” You pushed him away from you as best as you can even though your body is very weak at that moment. You gained a little conscious from the sudden kiss.

SeungHyun then break from the kiss and he is a bit startled with JaeJoong’s presence.

“You son of a .” JaeJoong said. JaeJoong then threw a punch on SeungHyun.

.

.

.